Your viewing journal

Bought this months Neo mag which had a sampler DVD on the front, decided to watch a couple of the eps on it.

Ergo Proxy episode 1, I really wanted to enjoy this after reading reviews and seeing the art for it, but it just bored the hell out of me, which is unusual really because I can usually find enjoyment in pretty much any anime so it might have been because I was watching it in work rather than at home and wasn't really in the right mood/frame of mind. :? I might give it another go at weekend.

Samurai Champloo Episode 1, I found this one to be quite entertaining and would probably buy it, but the 'scratching' effect that they used to transition from scene to scene 'really' started to get on my nipples, so i'm a little unsure what to do. :?

So far I have to say, for me, the promo disk is doing the opposite of intended. :?

Tasker said:
Ergo Proxy episode 1, I really wanted to enjoy this after reading reviews and seeing the art for it, but it just bored the hell out of me, which is unusual really because I can usually find enjoyment in pretty much any anime so it might have been because I was watching it in work rather than at home and wasn't really in the right mood/frame of mind. :? I might give it another go at weekend.

If your not in the mood for Ergo Proxy then you wont get as much enjoyment out of it. The good stuff comes later on.

Black Lagoon Disk 3, episodes 9 to 12. Great series, but a lack of overall plot makes me wonder if it has any lastability. ( Is that even a word? lol )

Nyu said:
If your not in the mood for Ergo Proxy then you wont get as much enjoyment out of it. The good stuff comes later on.

I'll give it another go at some point, I was like that with RahXephon at first too, and then ended up loving it, so you never know. :D ( But then, I was the same with Noir, and I 'still' havn't gotten around to rewatching the first disk and i've had it for about a year and a half now. :? )

Finished watching Utawarerumon, and i'll have to say ADV killed the ending, removing the lyrics from Kimi Ga Tame didn't give the ending the same feeling as it's original :(

Speed Grapher vol 2 - was watching this when new flat mate waked in and started watching it with me. And she staid to the end of the DVD and wanted to see the next vol. Freaky since most either leave the room or tell me they have to watch their soaps.
Angelic Layer Vols 1 & 2- fun if a little mind numbingly obvious.
Code E 11... hmm plot thickening.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 7 yay another episode , yay the pi prodigy kid, yay the ordinary one :wink:
My Hime - up to 21- smegging Amazon rental, deleted vol 3 off my list, then sent vol 5 before 4. :evil: now claiming that vol 6 is released in 2020, and 7 is only available in R1... might try on of the free renting for a month trial or from another source :roll:

Beck disk 1, Considering I don't normally go in for this kind of anime and only bought this during one of my 'Oo look, shiney' magpie phases, I really enjoyed it.

Full Metal Alchemist disk 4 and 5.

Finished Yu Yu Hakusho then tried the movie, I simply couldn't watch it when all of the voice were different (especially Kuwabara's, omg!) >.<.

Then watched 25 episodes of Inuyasha, which is rather amazing up to now.

Back