Your viewing journal

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 25

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 22

Gleipnir Episode 4 Departing.

Is This a Zombie? of the Dead Season 2 Episode 0-11 (Complete. Another fun instalment and more of the same entertaining ridiculousness from the previous season.) 3.5/5

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Episode 4 A different kind of Treasure.

Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 4 Body Swap.

GITS SAC 2045-I've gotta revise my earlier opinion that it was unwatchable garbage. I had watched the 1st episode and ugh! But at ep8 it had me hooked-you have to get used to the wonky video, I still think it should have been done the way all the other GITS shows were. The low budget looking character animation is at odds with the backgrounds. The cars are excellent-Togusa's rental car is dead ringer for a Chevy Camaro.

Last edited:
Sword Art Online 2, episodes 18 to 24. Didn't expect the show to go that deep and moving.

Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Episode 1. Good introduction to the spin off series.

Welcome to the NHK! episodes 1-4

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season028
TuesdaysClaymore226
WednesdaysWolf's Rain1126
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam842
FridaysAldnoah.Zero312
SaturdaysSound of the Sky512
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!424

Ghost in the Shell ARISE: Alternative Architecture eps 9 & 10 (AKA PYROPHORIC CULT)
The final confrontation or is it? I'm guessing this sets up the start of New Movie. Also the events definitely follow on from Ghost Stands Alone (Border 4) rather than Ghost Tears (Border 3) apart from 1 small detail. No idea why they switched it around.
It does "finish" the ARISE series better than B4 did though, I think, by delving into the motivation of the person who created the virus that plays a role throughout.
Major's design is still weird though.
8/10

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 29 Family squabbles.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Episode 4 Transformation.

Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 4 Negotiations.

Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Episodes 2 to 8

A nice little spin off series using the world created, certainly a bit of action. I've got a suspicion who the real life character of the other lady (don't want to Google for the name in case it spoils it)

Princess Connect ReDive - Episode 4
This show is so funny.

Woodpecker Detective's Office - Episode 3
So many plot twists!

Bakemonogatari (Rewatch) - Episodes 4-9
I can't get enough of the dynamic between Araragi and Senjougahara.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 29 Tantrums of torment.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 4 Here is the House.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 3 The truth revealed.

Doctor Who: The Gunfighters

Ready Player One-just as fun today as when I saw it at the local theater.

War Of The Worlds-the original one, not the Tom Cruise remake. Classic 50's sci fi-dated in most aspects but still darn good.

Monogatari Series: Second Season episodes 1-3

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season328
TuesdaysClaymore226
FridaysAldnoah.Zero312

Woodpecker Detective's Office ep 3
That was what I thought must have happened, but it was a tragic story nonetheless.

Shironeko Project ZERO Chronicle ep 4
A decision is reached, although I completely missed why they were making that decision. Either the show didn't make it clear enough or I wasn't paying attention. There was an attack on the Kingdom of Light, but I thought it was by the Kingdom of Darkness where the King had been set up as bad King only interested in war, but it turns out that it was an external force and the 2 Kingdoms have to unite dispite the King of the Darkness being a bit of a prick.

Fruits Basket s2 e4
Love life trouble.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive ep 4
Cleaning house.

Being furloughed has allowed me to catch up on some stuff I've been meaning to watch for a while now.

Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy (Blu-ray - Original Theatrical Soundtrack)

I love these movies, and this is the first chance I've had to watch Anime Ltd's original Blu-ray release of them. The third movie is a masterpiece imho.

Dirty Pair: Affair On Nolandia (Blu-ray)
Dirty Pair: Project Eden (Blu-ray)
Dirty Pair: Conspiracy Of Flight 005 (Blu-ray)

I own these on DVD but I've been desperate to see the Japanese Blu-ray releases. Flight 005 remains my favourite but Project Eden looks absolutely incredible in HD!

Outlanders

I haven't seen this in at least 15 years, still kinda pointless but still wonderfully adult and funny.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episodes 83 - 86 (Blu-ray)

Actually Affair On Norlandia and Flight 005 are considered to be ovas, Project Eden is a true movie. Of the 3 my favorite has to be Affair On Norlandia. I have the original Streamline vhs cassette of it and belive it or not it is still playable.

Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Episodes 9 to 12

Nice ending of the series, my suspicion was correct about the identity of Pitohui. Only the Ordinal Scale movie to watch from my SAO related pile as I believe Alicization hasn't been released in this country yet (other than being streamed on All 4)

Bakemonogatari (Rewatch) - Episodes 10-15
Hadn't watched the first season since I was about 14 and felt great reliving it. Great characters and some of the best dialogue in anime. Gotta say it stands out to me how Shinobu didn't say a single word throughout this season, almost hard to believe how much she develops later on. I have the light novels lying around and might give them a read now.

Room Camp: Sauna, Rice and Three-Wheeled Bike
A 10 minute special based on the Yamaha collaboration manga. With Room Camp having most of it's episodes focused on the OEC it was nice to see one of Rin's adventures. It's more Laid-Back fun. 9/10

Claymore
episodes 3-4

Monogatari Series: Second Season episodes 4-5
Going against my schedule but stopping in the middle of an arc just ain't right. Nekomonogatari: White is definitely up there as one of my favourite arcs.

RahXephon episodes 2-4
Took me 2 episodes to fall behind on the simulwatch smh my head

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season528
TuesdaysClaymore426
FridaysAldnoah.Zero312
ExtraThe Girl in Twilight512
SimulwatchRahXephon426

Tower of God - Episode 5
This series is shaping up to be really good. I'm still not a fan of the art style or opening visuals but the story seems interesting, the pacing is spot on and the fights so far have been awesome.

Interspecies Reviewers ep 12 (uncensored, complete)
Our heroes think back on their favourite girl - a re-fap if you will 😏
A fun series with some fun characters that pushes the boundaries of ecchi, too far for some, but if you don't mind that then go for it as there's some good comedy here as well.
Loads of cool character designs and the animation is good.
8/10

Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie

Even though events at the beginning try and throw you off the scent, I couldn't help but think that the end of PYROPHORIC CULT gave away the fact that it was Kurutsu controlling the Major's clone, even though ultimately it was actually someone(thing) else which just confused matters and felt a little unnecessary. As usual all the action stuff was cool, but also as usual the political machinations were just too confusing at times. Also also I've noticed every single series LM, IE, SSS, and now this has the major stand on a roof, jump off, do something cool and then cloak as she falls away, imitating the original film.
The production felt like a bit of a step up from the ARISE series.
8/10

Tower of God
ep 5
Well that confirms what I've seen some people speculate. Not sure what I think of it myself though. Must say though after the poor first episode the pace and unveiling of little tidbits of information has been quite good.

Back