Your viewing journal

WotaKoi ep 11 (complete)
Caring for a gaming Otaku is hard, but Hirotaka should know better by now. You need snacks that you can eat with one hand, but that aren't too messy or sticky to avoid getting it all over your controller.

Seems a weird place to leave it with Narumi and Hirotaka still working things out and a new potential couple only just starting their relationship. Then again it's a comedy show with not much of an actual plot. Funny at times with plenty of references to spot. Maybe not always the best art though.
7/10

Comic Girls ep 12 (complete)
Time to leave, but before she does Kaos-chan has finish her manuscript this time without the help of her friends who have already gone home. I don't think Kaos-chan is cut out for a mangaka lifestyle as she's always struggling with her work. The ending was a bit odd, I thought they were moving out for good. It looked like the same place, but a new building?
Fun show overall, although sometimes it went a bit too saccharin. Also the best character wasn't one of the main 4.
7/10

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 21

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
With everyone gone Kaos struggles with her manga, but manages to pull through with everyone's encouraging support.

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Doreiku The Animation (Sub) Episode 11

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 12
Yuri makes a drastic decision while preparing for his final match against Joe.

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 12
Emotional, this was truly emotional. That ending though was difficult to watch.😢

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 11 (Complete)
Narumi being a good girlfriend to Hirotaka, and Koyanagi bribes Kabakura into reading Yaoi much to his annoyance.

Comic Girls episode 12 Kaos suffers for the last time. (Complete. A fun series that delves into the lives of four mangakas and their hijinks. It's CGDCT with a healthy dose of suffering for MC Kaos and offers some insights into the industry. It was enjoyable stuff.) 3.5/5

Megalo Box episode 12 Is it bad that I'm not sure whether I'd rather see Yuri or Joe win the final match?

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 11 A shame to see it end. (Complete. A refreshing take on the romance genre, showcasing adult relationships in a realistic and humorous light. The core couples were a joy to watch, the fact they actually communicate being a key reason, and the referential jokes often hit their mark. Being able see each of them enjoy their hobbies and display their personalities lended to each episode feeling fresh and fun. One of the best this season.) 4/5

Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files episodes 7-10

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Episodes 15 - 17 (Blu-ray)

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - Episode 8.5

Pointless recap episode, must be behind schedule.

LotGH: Die Neue These ep 11
The FPA are on the verge of defeat without a shot fired! That's what happens when you're run by incompetent idiots who don't know what it's like on the front line and make decisions from their comfy office and then don't listen when you have suggestions for them. I know the feeling well!

Tokyo Ghoul: re ep 12 (complete)
Some moving moments and I'm guessing that's Anteiku picking up Shu at the end. Also for some reason I thought the One-eyed Owl was a bloke (looking back it's already 10 months since I watched the other 2 seasons!)

Overall some cool fights, but I just didn’t connect with it, I felt sometimes I was just watching it for the sake of it.

Probably a number of reasons for this:
The cock-up of not adapting the first manga series correctly and then expecting you to have read it (anime is supposed to make want to read the manga, not make you have to),

Me forgetting who various people are, it was 10 months since I watched the other 2 (not helped by character design changes),

Not particularly caring for the new characters in the team (the best one just died!)

and not having my favourite from the other series (although I might have spoiled something for myself and it appears, maybe, that Touka (Rabbit) may become more of a player in the next series)

Better than Root A easily, but not as good as the first, because at least I knew what was happening most of the time, but still the same score as even that was well short of other shows I've seen.
7/10

Megalo Box ep 12
Some flashback stuff. I really liked this episode even though it was the build up to the final fight and didn't having any fighting in it, it expanded our understanding of most of the characters.

TadaKoi ep 12
Damn this hay fever 😭

Doreiku The Animation (Dub) Episode 9

Hinamatsuri (Dub) Episode 9

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Dub) Episode 10

Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet (Sub) Episode 12 (Uncensored) (Complete)

Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food from Another World (Sub) Episode 11 - 12

Love To-LIE-Angle Episode 12
Comic Girls Episode 12
Record of Grancrest War Episode 24
HINAMATSURI Episode 12
Lostorage incited WIXOSS Episode 12

/umiko

Hinamatsuri episode 12 A snowy and spiritual end to the series. (Complete. This was a quirky and strange anime that combined wickedly mean-spirited adults with innocent and lovable kids and all the bizarre supernatural goings on of psychics and some crime elements from the Yakuza side of the conflict. Definitely one of the best this season. Series 2 plz.) 4/5

My Sweet Tyrant episode 12

Yu Yu Hakusho episodes 11-12, 14-23

Last edited:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Golden Wings...this shouldn't have been made or at least keep the same character designs
Eps 1-6 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Spiral Labyrinth...after 110 episodes its strange listening to a different VA for Yang but at least the others are still the same.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Golden Wings...this shouldn't have been made or at least keep the same character designs
Eps 1-6 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Spiral Labyrinth...after 110 episodes its strange listening to a different VA for Yang but at least the others are still the same.

Shouldn't you be watching the first Gaiden series before Spiral Labyrinth?

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Enjoying the Festival and Fireworks. Series overall 6/10.

Beatless (Sub) Episode 23

Hinamatsuri (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
This was a funny final episode, Hina's classmates reaction to her revealing her powers after getting lost was priceless. Overall a fun series with plenty of comedy. 7/10

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 24 (Complete)
A touching final episode. The final scene with Kaname and Hiyori conversing with their mother's one final time before they disappear was really emotional.😢 Overall a good series that had plenty of action and characterization IMO. 7.5/10

Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Good final episode. Kiyoi's determination and desire to end the battles once and for all comes to fruition. The scenes when everyone's memories return and they return to their normal lives and when they all meet up to play WIXOSS happily were really touching moments. Overall a good series. 8/10

Magical Girl Site (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Aya's determination and desire to overcome her misfortune to rescue her friend from the administrator's control bears fruit. That scene between Kaname and Detective Misumi was utterly disturbing. Overall a unique series. 7/10

Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 24 (Complete)
Really good final episode. Theo fufils his dream and the whole wedding and hilltop scenes were really touching moments. Overall a good fantasy series with likable characters and plenty of action and characterization. 8/10

WotaKoi episode 11 Complete. One of the better romance series I've seen lately. 8/10

Magical Girl Site episode 12 Complete. I know I expressed some doubt earlier when it looked like it was going for an anime original ending but as far as anime original endings go I think this is just as good as the manga. I'm so interested in where they could take this version of the story if there's a chance of a season 2 seeing as Nana, Hachi and Ni are all killed off while Tsuyuno and Mikari survive. I wasn't sure whether they'd keep what happened to Kaname in the manga so it was a welcome surprise to put it mildly. Sadly they didn't fully confirm AyaTsuyu like the manga did but the subtext was nice.

First few episodes were admittedly off putting but the series only gets better with each episode and did a great job of toning down the edge for the last few episodes. If the tone of the latter half of the series was replicated for the first half I really think it would have gone down better with viewers. Honestly if you think this was too edgy then you probably wouldn't want to read the manga.

Overall a pretty decent debut for production doA's first proper series. Good work on animation, voice acting (particularly Kaname and the admins) and music. It's a shame they didn't adapt chapter 55 but at least episode 11 was there to make me suffer. Looking forward to a (unlikely) season 2. 8/10
hopefully with more yuri

Megalobox - Episode 12 - Huh I thought this was gonna be the last episode, can't wait for the final fight but dunno who I actually want to win tbh lol.

A Place Further than the Universe - Episodes 9-13 - This was such a great show ;_; incidentally how does one go about filling a Hinata shaped void in their life after watching this? Asking for a friend... :p but really this is a good example of why you should go outside your comfort zone from time to time as this is in no way my usual kinda show but I absolutely loved every episode and sad it's over tbh.

It's been suggested to me that because I liked this so much that I should give K-on a go, anyone who's watched both think I'd get anything from that based on me enjoying this?

Back