Your viewing journal

Crossing Time Episode 11
Space Battleship Tiramisu Episode 12
Magical Girl Ore Episode 12
Food Wars: The Third Plate - Totsuki Train Arc Episode 23

/umiko

Black Clover episode 37 The arc concludes as the villains bun off and the series continues its "joke" of tsundere pairings.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 12 Man the ED felt so out of place at the end there. Not a bad ending I suppose. (Complete. This was in some ways an improvement over the original adaptation and its anime only sequel, but also lacked where those succeeded.

TG: re does a tighter job of adapting the source material, and feels much more faithful. However like TG/Root A it takes liberties and cuts material out to fit a short run time, which detracts in many ways. When the anime adapted the manga well it was great to see.

However, every time this happened I felt that it could have been handled better by a more competent studio, one that didn't strip back character development or censor key moments/plot points and simply gave Sui Ishida's work the treatment it deserves.

The animation in re is also very lacking for the most part, feeling very stiff and lifeless where TG/Root A had more fluid animation and felt more natural. There were instances where you could tell the budget was put to the forefront but it just wasn't as engaging as one would hope. The music was again a highlight and remained one of the best parts of the series for me.

With all that at being said I wasn't left particularly disappointed by this series, it turned out better than I could have hoped even with all the expected flaws, and I am interested to see how they handle the next key arc in the second cour. Out of all three seasons this was probably the best so far, so maybe they can continue improving...

To sum my thoughts up this wasn't great, but it's as good as I expected it to be considering the studio behind it and how the franchise has been treated so far. With the manga ending in two weeks I'm interested to see if they'll ever get that far anime wise.) 3.5/5

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 11 Making some swanky pottery.

Yowamushi Pedal episodes 33-38 (Complete. Another very enjoyable sports anime let down by a ridiculous antagonist that's just too OTT to enjoy. He is why my rating dropped by one on MAL, just stop already. I liked the progression and teamwork expected by the series and look forward to the continuations.) 3.5/5

Tokyo Ghoul:re (Dub) Episode 10

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet (Sub) Episode 10 - 11 (Uncensored)

Love to Lie Angle (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Lupin III: Part 5 ep12

The punchline to the gag about Goemon spending huge amounts of cash could have been better, but that was still entertaining. I wonder if next week's episode is another one off, or if they're starting a new arc?

Girls' Last Tour ep1

Just meant to have a quick look at this out of curiosity, but as I ended up watching the whole episode, I think that bodes well.

High School DxD Hero episode 10

Tokyo Ghoul:re episode 12, Complete. Honestly much better than expected. Yes it cut out several key scenes from the manga and had pretty lacking animation but at least it was decent enough as an adaptation. My wish for a Shaft adaptation still stands.

Golden Kamuy episodes 6-9

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 20+21
"Is this what living is to you? We had believed that by abandoning our ties and embracing solitude we could perfect ourselves and make ourselves stronger. But... perhaps some lives only shine in unison with another."

Yuru Camp eps 3+4
Watching this two episodes at a time and lapping it up. :D

And finished Bananya (eps 8–13)

Love to-Lie-Angle eps 3-12 (complete)
A series of ecchi comedy shorts around the MCs life at a dorm where she seems to be the object of desire for 2 other students. Most of the characters seem to be more outrageous versions of characters from Pet Girl of Sakurasou and most of the scenarios seem to be ecchi foreplay that would lead to a hentai scene, if it was a hentai! Some of it is funny and it has a couple of nice moments, but it's just too short to really make an impression.
5/10

Kids on the Slope (Rewatch) #1
The first time I saw the show it was very (very) weird of an experience, as I ended the show with an "It is expertly made. But why am constantly so bored?"
Now I think "It's no expertly made, but masterfully." And still I constantly feel my glance and hands moving towards doing something else.

Weird.

A Place Further than the Universe - Episodes 1-4 -This isn't the sorta thing I'd normally be drawn to but for whatever reason I decided to give it a go and my god I bloody love it. The visuals are great, the characters are great and the music is also great. I guess how the actual story goes remains to be seen but honestly even if this ends up as them just walking around Antarctica petting penguins I'd probably still be content with it as the characters are really fun.

Last edited:
High School DxD Hero (Dub) Episode 7 (Uncensored)

Twin Star Exorcists (Dub) Episode 1 - 2

Alice or Alice (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

High School DxD Hero (Sub) Episode 10 (Uncensored)

Last Period (Sub) Episode 11

Lost Song (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Golden Kamuy episodes 10-11

Real Girl episodes 1-2, yet another series that I forgot to watch this season. Seems pretty decent so far.

Steins;Gate 0 episode 11

Back