Your viewing journal

Finished Casshern Sins ( since last post I watched Episodes 4-25) Thoroughly enjoyed it. Extremely bleak, definitely not for everyone and the most unique iteration of the entire franchise. Quite philosophical in places and has some extremely emotional moments in it. Will write a review of it for the blog soon (as mentioned in my last post in this thread it's the only Casshern entry I'd not yet reviewed).

There are a few new shows I'm interested in this season such as Megalobox and the new version of GeGe No Kitaro but I've got such a massive backlog of older stuff I might jump aboard the retro train again. Have always wanted to see Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors) and today seems a good day to start as its the 30th anniversary of the show starting on Japanese TV.

Last edited:
Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 13

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 4

Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 5

Magical Girl Ore (Sub) Episode 5

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 5

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 5 A tense and action filled episode, combined with the more relaxed feel shown so far.

Magical Girl Ore episode 5 I had no clue what was happening but those cape and mask wearing dudes are funny.

Railroad Crossing Time episode 4 Sibling texting

Space Battleship Tiramisu episode 5 In space no one can hear you eat rice

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Sporadic Rewatch) episodes 10-17

Steins;Gate eps 22, 23 & 23β
Just reminding myself and seeing what the difference was in 23β. Basically after Okabe fails to save Kurisu he doesn't get the message from the future and gives up being a mad scientist to be an ordinary college student.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 1 (dub)
Seems like it'll deal with Okabes guilt and trauma over Kurisus death and then I'm guessing him changing his mind and start meddling with time again.

LotGH: Die Neue These ep 5
Seems all is not well in the Free Planets Alliance. Seems to be presenting things as shades of grey rather than black and white.

Tokyo Ghoul: re ep 5
The battle from last week continues, for the whole episode! With so many different fights going on it gets a little confusing and actually a bit dull by the end with nothing to break away from the hecticness of it all!

Black Clover episode 30 That dude's obsession with his sister is beyond creepy...

Steins;Gate Zero episode 1 The dub finally came out. Interesting seeing what happened if Okabe just gave up completely.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 5 This adapted the different fights that took place during the Auction Arc fairly well, the constant action didn't bother me much but the animation is still stiff in places. Next weeks climax should be good.

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 4 A businessman appreciates some tasty food

Avengers: Infinity War (Film) A surprisingly coherent and entertaining film with an ending that's already been memed to death.

Lupin III: Part 5 ep5

Hmm, did not expect an arc-based approach rather than one overarching plotline. I am okay with this. Also next week, Pink Jacket? Has hell frozen over?

Golden Kamuy ep4

I'm not entirely sure this isn't secretly a foodie anime.

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Sub) Episode 5

Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan (Sub) Episode 5

Girlfriend Note (Sub) Episode 1 - 3 (Complete)

High School DxD Hero (Sub) Episode 3 (Uncensored)

Lost Song (Sub) Episode 1 - 4

Love to Lie Angle (Sub) Episode 5

Ep 4 of Golden Kamuy
Ep 5 of Space Battleship Tiramasu
Ep 5 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These...capture of Iserlohn coming up and looks like the Rosenritter will be making an appearance :D

only one I've seen is 5 of tokyo ghoul:re so far, anyway got the time off until sunday, plenty of time to watch more. I will say though, being male, I'm not sure if I like or hate "nutcracker" doesn't sound like I'd like to meet her...

The Slayers - The Motion Picture (Blu-ray)

A good hours worth of entertainment, still lol funny in places. Gets a big animation quality upgrade which looks great on Blu-ray.

I've been sick with a bad cold for the last two weeks, so these past two weekends I've pretty much just laid around the house and watched anime, something I almost never do. I concentrated on Netflix shows during this time, because I haven't even logged into my Netflix account for almost a year, and wanted to see what was new. So I finished these four anime series over the last two weeks or so, and rate them all very good:

Children of the Whales (sub) 1-End
Kakegurui (sub) 1-End
B: The Beginning (sub) 1-End
AICO: Incarnation (sub) 1-End

I also have partially watched some other series on Netflix, these have been OK to fairly good::

ReLIFE (sub) 1-10 High school anime is a little outside of my preferences, but this one has been done fairly well so far
Fate: Apocrypha (sub) 1-19 This has been a weaker series than the previous Fate series, but OK for a viewing

Violet Evergarden (sub) is a new series on Netflix over here as well, but I had already watched it elsewhere week-to-week as it came out, since It wasn't on US Netflix until it was finished everywhere else - and it was definitely my favorite of all of these.

Last edited:
MEGALO BOX (Japanese audio) - Episode 5

Once again I am behind on everything due to the focus on some games and of course my driving theory.

Back