Your viewing journal

Darling in the FranXX - Episode 15

A great episode, so glad the show has maintained the momentum from the last few episodes.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - Episode 2

The Slayers - Episode 18

Full Metal Panic eps 19-24 (complete)
Quite a good action arc with some tense moments although the final battle wasn't as good as it could be, and that must be the longest 15 seconds ever! Also with 3 more seasons after this it's clear that most/everyone were going to be OK.

The series as a whole didn't know what it wanted to be with dedicated comedy episodes (some with no mention of the main plot and thus coming off as filler) and dedicated action episodes.

I think it would have been better if it started as a comedy with dramatic beats and gradually increased the drama as it went along to be a drama with the odd light relief. The other option would have been to do what KyoAni did when they took over with a comedy season and then a dramatic season.

The main plot seemed to have an interesting idea with the Whispered people, but didn't really explain or explore it too much. The action was OK (most of the mecha were pretty dull though) and most of the comedy was OK. Overall it was OK. 6/10

_20180425_220527.JPG

Golden Kamuy (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
Steins;Gate 0 (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

I'm a tad behind on the titles I had been watching this season due to other stuff going on but I'll try and catch up by the end of the week.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 13

Overlord II (Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

Tokyo Ghoul:re (Dub) Episode 4

Alice or Alice (Sub) Episode 4

Last Period (Sub) Episode 3

Boruto: Naruto Next Generation episode 55 More of the movie with some new scenes incorporating characters that weren't in it originally.

My Love Story episodes 1-19

Darling in the Franxx episode 15

Tokyo Ghoul:re episode 4 ~ Can't wait to see more of Owl in the next episode

Love To-Lie-Angle episodes 1-4 ~ And yeah I've pretty much dropped this one

Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru episode 4

How to Keep a Mummy episode 3

K-On! eps 1-7 (dub)
Ha, if you looked up scatterbrainin in the dictionary you'd find a picture of Yui:
ColdHeavyGilamonster-max-1mb.gif

I can see why some people don't like this show as some episodes have nothing but the girls goofing around, even Yuru Camp had more going on in each episode (getting out of the school setting a lot definitely helped that show). But there are some funny moments especially episode 5 with the teacher who is their advisor and some nice moments like the concert in episode 6.

One annoying thing I noticed, which is down to Sentai I guess, in episode 2 when talking about money they kept referring, both subtitles and dub, to dollars instead of Yen dispite the show itself showing Yui counting Yen coins and a sign showing the price in Yen!

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 4

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 4

High School DxD Hero (Sub) Episode 2 (UNCENSORED)

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 4

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 4

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 3

Comic Girls episode 4 Helping Ruki with her lewd manga

Megalo Box episode 4 Brutal and visceral like boxing anime should be, but with Joe doing things his own way...for now.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 3 A nice episode that reinforces Hirotaka and Narumi's more laid back relationship, just good fun really.

My Love Story episodes 20-24 (Complete. An enjoyable romance anime that actually shows what happens after the confession of love. The series has a great cast of characters, an adorable central romance and an even better bromance between Takeo and Suna.

Though it did feel predictable at times, and Takeo and Yamato's relationship did seem to stagnate into cute doldrums in places, what I took away from MLS is how it managed to avoid falling into cliched pitfalls such as misunderstandings and dragging out love triangles. Characters actually sit and discuss their problems, an arc in this series feels like it covers more than any Nisekoi type anime could. This is until the last two episodes when they try and shoehorn in some drama with a potential rival, and though it's obvious what would happen if still felt a bit forced when compared to the rest of the series. For comparison the manga actually ends with a conflicting arc, but it felt more natural in its execution.

Wouldn't mind a season 2 to cover the stories that weren't adapted. Overall MLS is a romance anime that managed to do things differently, and though it didn't always maintain its strengths I still enjoyed it.) 4/5

My Neighbour Totoro (Film) (Rewatch) A fun fantasy film that became iconic for Studio Ghibli. Though I do like the film its more kid-orientated nature and saccharine sweet tone didn't appeal to me like other Ghibli titles that felt more balanced in appealing to younger and older audiences. However I praise the film for how it treats the mothers illness and how the kids react to it, it was quite moving at one point. Overall still enjoyable the second time around, but I haven't softened enough to love it as much as others. Oh and the younger sisters' face still weirds me out. 3.5/5

Nichijou episodes 1-14

The Slayers - Episodes 19 - 26 [Final]

Good, easy going entertainment, I really enjoyed The Slayers looking forward to seeing more.

The Slayers - Episodes 19 - 26 [Final]

Good, easy going entertainment, I really enjoyed The Slayers looking forward to seeing more.

well you have what like 2 two cour seasons, 2 1 cour seasons (practically 1 season story wise), tons of films and ovas.

You have alot more Slayers to be watching.

K-On! Eps 8-13 plus special (complete)
This show is the top recommendation, on MAL, for 2 shows I really liked recently:
Sound! Euphonium for the obvious musical similarities, but dispite being pretty good at the end you never see them practice much so you don't get to learn anything about the process also there's none of the relationship drama.

And A Place Further Than the Universe, I guess for the character similarities as all 4 in K-On has a similar person in APFTTU. Yui = Mari (although she's not as ditzy), Mio = Shirase (both single minded and stern with her friends, but shy in front of others), Ritsu = Hinata (both out going) and Tsumugi = Yuzuki (both quiet and also enables the others in their journey through their connections). But with K-On again misses the added elements that lifts APFTTU like having realistic relationships with some actual occasional conflict and the more adventurous nature of their goal.

I guess it comes down to the original source with S!E being a novel and APFTTU being original, where as K-On! is only a 4-koma which I guess from watching the series probably only concentrated on the girls goofing around rather than practicing and being serious, and maybe why it covered nearly 2 years in 1 cour including 2 beach episodes! I don't know how they stretch the remaining year and a bit of High School into a 2 cour and a film!
But it had its moments and I enjoyed it enough to be glad I watched it. 7/10

Magical Girl Site ep 4
A lot of backstory and setting up stuff for what's to come.

WotaKoi ep 3
Comiket and a sleep over. That kiss was so sweet.

Hinamatsuri ep 4
Hina may have learnt a lesson from Anzu, and Hitomi is an angel for listening to peoples woes and then helping Anzu.

Last edited:
Your Lie in April Eps 1-5, re-watch, I'm showing the series to my next door neighbor, since she's a violinist. She was loving the competition scenes - she said she went though all of those same competitions back in her Jr and Sr high school years too...

Hinamatsuri episode 4 Another funny episode, though a little harsh on Nitta-especially the bar scene. However, it was a lesson both he and Hina needed to learn. Any stuff with Hitomi as a bartender is great fun.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 4 These go by so quickly that I don't have much to say. It's cute enough I suppose.

Nichijou episodes 15-26 (Complete. A bizarre and never boring comedy that even when or didn't make me laugh I was still entertained. This series knows what it wants to do and does so quite well. It's scenarios are almost as absurd as its characters and that's what's so fun about it.) 4/5

Born Under Crossed Stars (Film) Another lacklustre film with Suzuki's directing keeping it from being a total waste. The acting isn't bad but the story is very frenzied and unfocused, and when it does settle down it's a love triangle about horny teens, a meh one at that. 2/5 Watching through this box set has been interesting, even if not every film was great it still gave an interesting insight into Seijun Suzuki's earlier works.

Back