Your viewing journal

Dagashi Kashi s2 e12 (complete)
Hotaru is back, but nothing seems decided on Coconuts future. Some fun moments, not as good as the first season. Possibility of a third season, but I don't think there will be. 6/10

Megalo Box eps 1-3
Pretty damn good so far. Liking the art style and the music.

Comic Girls ep 3
Kaos-chan gets told to improve her work by her editor and the other girls try to help. Some funny moments in there.

WotaKoi ep 2
Another funny episode. Lots of nods to nerdy stuff like conversations playing out like a JRPG and when they went to the manga store one of them picked up The Ancient Magus' Bride (Vol. 10, I think) and a load more were shown that I didn't recognise.

Last edited:
Alice or Alice (Sub) Episode 3

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 3

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 3

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 3

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 3

Comic Girls episode 3 A solid episode about improving art and developing styles, with some fan servicey scenarios thrown in-for "professional" reasons

Megalo Box episode 3 Quite liking the aesthetic of this series, feels reminiscent of older animation, less pristine and more gritty.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 2 That Castlevania death sound effect when the door was closed killed me. Another enjoyable episode, though the ending didn't exactly do much personally.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ episodes 1-8

tokyo ghoul RE 3 - did seem to jump between different events (like different chapters) but none of them seemed treaded over too quickly, like the first episode. this is mostly about relationships in the CCG's new dept, seems like haise will get more answers on his identity (he's quite obviously kaneki) soon in the next few episodes

MHA 2 - ok this was a better episode then the recap, back on track with class A and a summer training camp, seems like the next few are going to be about the new characters at some point that scene, I feel off the wall too...

overlord 2 10 - 13 - didn't really like this season, when it seems it's covering something else where the viewer or the nazarick will learn something of the world, it turns out someone from the nazarick is acting alone, ains finds out and lets them act alone and while some fights seem good a lot of them end up with the overpowered members of the nazarick putting their foot down, with the main cast in no real danger and effectively manipulating virtually all the events of the season, it didn't really go anywhere

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 - wow, mokoto is in excellent graphics, doesn't really add anything though, it's virtually identical to the original, apart from a few updates in quality here and there

Legend of korra too many - finished book one and I'm nearly halfway through book two, treading the story of the first avatar, where the animators seem to have been taken off the reigns and allowed to experiment more with the style, which mainly effects the background, spirits and effects like people gaining the power of fire and wan's try at "firebending" (he keeps the power of fire and learns to use it much like the people in the series' modern time)
don't dump eska though. it's not done. that laugh is creepy as hell though
tumblr_mttbqcMhuQ1rcy5pco1_500.gif

I don't mean to be racist, but what is with water tribe girls and relationships?

Hinamatsuri ep 3
Another fun episode. Taking the form of 3 mini stories each one following the 3 girls we've met so far: Anzu learned how to live as a hobo, Hina tried to help out, but caused more trouble and calling it now "best girl" Hitomi had to mix cocktails to convince her homeroom sensei that she wasn't who he thought she was 😄.

20180420_211933.gif

Full Metal Panic eps 1-6
I thought this was supposed to be a fish out of water comedy with some action beats, but the **** hits the fan in episode 4 and is very action heavy for 5 & 6 as well. The comedy that was in the first 3 episodes wasn't particularly what I expected either. I thought it would be loads of misunderstandings about how high school works and high school girls in particular. Story seems interesting though.

Darling in the FranXX (Dub) Episode 12

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Dub) Episode 1

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 3

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 3

Dorei-ku The Animation (Sub) Episode 3

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Sub) Episode 2

Hinamatsuri (Sub) Episode 3

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 15

Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS (Sub) Episode 3

Magical Girl Site (Sub) Episode 3

Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 15

Hinamatsuri episode 3 A sweet little episode, Hitomi makes a good bartender.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 3 An alright episode, not sure if I'll persist for 12 episodes though

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ episodes 9-19

The Incorrigible (Film) Another decent youth film from Seijun Suzuki. The early scenes of Togo (the main character) portray him as selfish and abrasive, with his gradual transition being the focus of the narrative. The film also has a bizarre flashback involving Togo's experiences with a Geisha that I have no idea what to think of. Suzuki's directing is once again the standout here, and helps to keep the drama engaging enough, and the ending was bittersweet. Overall a decent film, one left to go in the Volume 1 set. 3/5

Maid-sama #3-12

This show is such a laugh riot, holy crap! Practically all I've been watching the last few days.

Bed & Breakfast for Spirits #1

Emily Neves playing MC! Nice. Getting Konohana Kitan vibes from this aswell, I'm in.

Amanchu! ~Advance~ (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 15
PERSONA5 The Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

Magical Girl Site ep 3
Soo much edge with that brief backstory for Tsuyuno. Another psychologically damaged magic girl and one of the bullies find out about magical girls and no doubt will be another enemy in future. Also another live action ED!

Full Metal Panic eps 7-9
These episodes are more like how I thought the show would be. Some very funny moments.

SAO Alternative: GGO ep 3
This completes the story of how the 2 from the first episode met and how they got into Squid Squad Jam.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 3
Really laying it on thick at how much of a scumbag Kamoshida is. Art and animation is still a little wonky though.

Amanchu! Advance episode 3 Upyo!

Darling in the FranXX episode 15 The first half with the fights were great, and the second half, though expected, was also well done.

Hozuki's Coolheadedness 2nd season 2nd Cour episode 16 More characters introduced and some background to those weird goldfish plants.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 41 Moar training! Moar Cute cat girls! (and that guy...)

Persona 5 The Animation episode 3 The Persona franchise is never afraid to tackle dark themes, and here it does so fairly well.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ episodes 20-39

Last edited:
Amanchu! ~Advance~ (Sub) Episode 3

Darling in the FranXX (Sub) Episode 15

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan (Sub) Episode 2

Juushinki Pandora (Sub) Episode 3

The Seven Deadly Sins Revival of the Commandments (Sub) Episode 14

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Sub) Episode 3

Franxx 15 - some more mysteries afoot in this one! mainly action, but this one felt kind of rushed
love is hard for an otaku 2 - the hardest thing in an otaku's love life is hiding their true love; dodgy manga!
legend of korra finished book 3, has some of the best fights in the series in the second half, and the idealism with the villains in this one gets quite obvious. I one day too dream of breaking my earthly bonds and flying about like a paper bag with an agenda in the breeze
MHA 3 - here comes another wave of villains!
Magical girl SIte 3 - can we keep these end credits? like, forever?

Back