Your viewing journal

Actually I Am ep 10 - 13
Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions Heart Throb ep 10 - 12 + OVA
Chunibyo Lite Shorts ep 1 - 6
Gintama ep 325
Spiritpact ep 9
Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga ep 9

Angel Beats! (rewatch, episodes 6–11)

That's the third time I've seen episode 10, and the third time I've cried watching it. And I haven't even gotten to episode 13 yet.

Shirobako ep 1-10 - tbh Im stuggling to watch this. On one hand its really well made and intersting but at the same time quite boring? I know its a contradiction but I dont really care about the cast as it so large im not really attached to anyone. I'm watching one episode per night and im determined to finish it. I loved Bakuman so its not as if I havnt watched anything similar.

Update- eps 11-12 enjoyed these eps more as there is a bit of drama and seeing the project reach it climax was good

Last edited:
Finished Angel Beats! (rewatch, episodes 12 & 13 + OVA)

You really need the lighthearted silliness of the OVA to help you decompress a bit after that punishing last episode. I've yet to get through it without streams of tears. It's a masterpiece.

There was even time left over for a couple of episodes of Haruhi. :)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (endless rewatch: season 1 episode 7 & season 2 episode 1)

I watch it in instalments in a continuous loop using the chronological order, you see, so that I've always got a bit of Haruhi on the go.

Hmm let me see at the moment its

Dagashi kashi episode 3
Theee leaves, three colours episode 4
Flying Witch episode 12
Is the order a Rabbit? episode 6

Started a trial for funination so looking forward to getting stuck in

Kiniro Mosaic: Pretty Days

Well, this OVA wasn't exactly what I was expecting, and I mean that in the best possible way. Normally, OVAs are kind of time wasting bonuses, that are just a regular episode, yet I can't help but feel that Pretty Days is actually a very important episode for the Kiniro Mosaic franchise as a whole. As opposed to most regular episodes in the series, this OVA is overtly character focussed, centering around a flashback of Shino, Youko and Aya in Middle School and how Shino got into High School. Although it's clear through the series that all the girls are clearly great friends, I don't think a single episode managed to convey that as strongly as Pretty Days, as we see just how close they really are, with Aya opting out of going to a more prestigious High School to be with her friends, and the trio all helping each other to make sure they can all go to the same school. This flashback sequence is genuinely really heartwarming, and if you're invested at all in the characters, it'll just make you love them even more than you did already.

Although the OVA is centered around Shino, Aya and Youko, the real center of the story is Aya, and how she feels insecure about her friendship with Shino because she doesn't have anything special about her like Alice or Karen's blonde hair and she hasn't been a childhood friend like Youko has. This kind of character introspection is something that we haven't really seen from this series, and is something that I actually really appreciate. Worrying about that kind of thing seems really fitting for her character, being somewhat meek in comparison to the others. This also leads to one of the best scenes in the franchise towards the end of the OVA, that would've just been a comedic scene without the context of Aya's inner monologues, but ends up being incredibly endearing.

The only real downside to Pretty Days is that it was a bit lacking in the comedy department. Don't get me wrong, there are some really funny scenes here, but they feel a little more spread out and less frequent than the often laugh a minute gags in the series. I feel like this was probably a trade off for more character stuff, and given that we've had 2 whole seasons of comedy with not a whole lot in terms of character depth, I can't complain really. Due to the nature of the OVA being mainly in flashback, there's also rather little screen time for Alice and Karen, which is a bit of a bummer as such a huge Karen fan, although the School Festival play at the end gave her one of the funniest bits in the whole OVA.

So yeah, really loved this OVA. It was really different to the series, but in a way that I loved, as it gave more depth to the characters and really solidified their friendship. Maybe don't spend £60 importing the subtitle-less Japanese Blu Ray like some crazy people, but if this ever comes to home video or streaming in the west, definitely give it a watch if you're a Kiniro Mosaic fan.

Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works-Episodes 13 and 14

ACCA 13-Episode 9

Last edited:
Ep 9 of ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
Ep 9 of Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season
Ep 20 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

Akiba's Trip: The Animation ep 8-9. I loved the Yu-Gi-Oh episode. Otaku satire is always fun.

Nyanko Days ep 9. It's amazing how little airtime the 'cats' actually get in this series.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 9.

Anime night with friends went to some strange places again.

Yuri Seijin Naoko-San (2012)

Madcap one-shot about a yuri-obsessed alien invader who worms her way into the life of a high-school girl. Some of the jokes are slightly alarming, but it has a nice line in absurd imagery, most notably the 'yurification gun'.

Hi Speed Jecy ep1

Endearingly meat-headed space adventure about a very fast young man, forced to team up with a thuggish priest to rescue his kidnapped sister. Much enlivened by the Haruhiko Mikimoto character designs, the look of which rather reminded me of Baoh. Sadly, the show isn't nearly as crazy, but it's a decent slice of two-fisted 80's action cheese.

Back