All Out 21-22
The Ancient Magus' Bride OVA 2
Minami Kamakura Cycling Club 10
Blue Exorcist Kyoto 10
From Up on Poppy Hill
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 8-9
ACCA 13 6-7

Last edited:
I wanted to be able to get into it. I really did, but I just couldn't. The only character I found interesting was detective Shibazaki. Lisa was just a waste of space to me. Could you get into it okay?

Ah. Well, I was.

Kids on the Slope (episodes 7–12)

I was enjoying this so much I finished it in only two sittings. It was set to become an all-time favourite of mine until I got to the last episode. I feel like I've been robbed. To me, it was like some kind of ill-advised prank or bizarre self-parody.

What an awful way to destroy a great series. Surely that's got to be right up there with Mahoromatic season 2 as the most disappointing final episode in anime. I'm genuinely upset about it after investing so much in the characters and their stories. It just feels pointless now. :(

What did you make of it, dude?

I did like a lot Terror. I felt it was a bit different from everything else. Lisa was a pain but the 2 main protagonists and the detective were good enough to watch it. Them being "inteligent" in the way of doing things, reminded me of Light from Death Note in a way. I still don't own AL set, but I will get it eventually.

About Kids, usually its not my type of show but I did went for it and it was a good surprise. Even more cause, if my memorie doesnt fail me, I'm pretty sure I had the series stalled or dropped around episode 3 and latern on I've decided to try again and I'm glad a did.

Fate/stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works-Episodes 24 and 25 (Complete)

Fate/stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works OVA: Sunny Day

Really enjoyed UBW, probably more than Fate/Zero, although I do plan on watching that again soon to reconfirm it. I had a couple of niggles with UBW, mostly in the form of it still having hints and foreshadowing for events that don't even happen in the Unlimited Blade Works route, and certain characters feeling like they got a bit shafted in terms of both screen time and actual story presence, mostly Illya and Kirei. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I kinda prefered the Sunny Day ending, mostly because I love Saber a whole bunch, but the regular ending was pretty sweet too. A kiss might have been nice, but oh well.

Fuuka-Episodes 10

That whole truck scene was a bit anticlimactic, although offered some kinda neat symbolism.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Arc-Episode 10

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace - Ep 7-12

I watched this one since I'd skipped over it a couple years back, but I found out it was animated by Trigger, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately it was exactly what I had first suspected it to be, a mediocre light novel adaptation (I guess even Trigger gotta pay them bills). Just painfully average. 5/10, no more no less.

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace - Ep 7-12

I watched this one since I'd skipped over it a couple years back, but I found out it was animated by Trigger, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately it was exactly what I had first suspected it to be, a mediocre light novel adaptation (I guess even Trigger gotta pay them bills). Just painfully average. 5/10, no more no less.

Sad to hear, Inou Battle is severely underrated in my opinion. Easy 9/10 for me.

Sad to hear, Inou Battle is severely underrated in my opinion. Easy 9/10 for me.

I just really didn't like that the idea of the powers and their implications were rarely touched upon. Half of the series was just typical slice of life high school fare (albeit with a huge chuuni), and I felt like the powers weren't really important to the plot except in the one or two episodes that centred around them. It also had one of those "read the manga" endings, where it felt like all of the more interesting plot developments were just about to happen, but with no hope of a series 2. Just my opinion of course.

I just really didn't like that the idea of the powers and their implications were rarely touched upon. Half of the series was just typical slice of life high school fare (albeit with a huge chuuni), and I felt like the powers weren't really important to the plot except in the one or two episodes that centred around them. It also had one of those "read the manga" endings, where it felt like all of the more interesting plot developments were just about to happen, but with no hope of a series 2. Just my opinion of course.

The powers not being important was pretty much the whole point of the show. It was meant to just be a SoL/Romance with a bit of a twist thrown in. To do much more with the powers would do the premise a disservice. I do agree that it is in dire need of a second season though, although at this point, I'd be happy just to get the Light Novels translated. If you're curious, I did write a full review of the series, if you want more detail on why I love it so much.

http://site.animeuknews.info/2016/11/06/when-supernatural-battles-become-commonplace-review/

Capeta - Episodes 12 & 13

Capeta's first race is dragging on for too many episodes now, the pacing had been good up until episode 11. Had my own karting disappointment at the weekend when my son got taken out at the first corner of the final after a really good start :mad:

Grey: Digital Target

Another watch ahead of reviewing it on the podcast this week

Attack on Titan-Episodes 1-7

Rewatching in preparation for Season 2 coming in the Spring. It's been so long since I've seen it, I actually remember very little, so a rewatch was an absolute must for me. Was a little wary that I might not enjoy it as much the second time around now I'm much more well versed in anime (AoT was one of the first shows I watched) but I'm still enjoying it just as much second time around. The animation is still top notch, especially during the 3D movement gear sequences, and that OP still holds up, even if the second opening is far superior. Just for the record, I am watching this via Manga's blu rays, which were said to have faulty subs, but honestly, I'm not having any problems. Apparently they were a mix between subs and dubtitles but honestly, I think it's fine. Just in case anyone was cautious about the release, if you're not picky like myself, it's works perfectly well.

Gabriel Dropout-Episode 10

Satania's family was great. The comedic timing on "We bake cakes" was perfection.

Last edited:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 1, episodes 9 & 10)

This is like my anime equivalent of a comfort blanket. :p

This'll help get over the disappointment of Kids on the Slope. Haruhi never disappoints!

Next up is everybody's favourite(!), the Endless Eight arc.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 47

An interesting turn of events but another no action episode.

Capeta - Episode 14

The race is finally over and we get a massive time skip to the next arc.

After watching Kong: Skull Island at the cinema yesterday, I ended up going back to my friends house and we watched the entirety of Carnival Phantasm. The show was pretty much everything I could expect from a light hearted Type/Moon comedy, and was genuinely quite funny. Only thing was I didn't get the Melty Blood/Tsukihime jokes, which were pretty prominent, although it does make me interested in checking out both of those properties at some point.

Back