Your viewing journal

SAO II - ep 14

This resolved the whole horrid debacle of last episode's Asada-San business in a nice, clear-cut way. A little too much exposition afterwards perhaps to explain everything, but I suppose this ep is acting as a palate cleanser to clear the way for the next arc.

One thing I just don't get though - why isn't Asuna pissed off with Kirito or Shinon though? Surely she saw how close they were getting in the game?

Fate Stay Night - ep 0

Echoing the thoughts above, but the standard of animation quality in this blew me away, and then some. It looks astonishing. We've seen these events play out countless times before, and you know what's coming, what it's building to, but it still managed to feel fresh. The fight sequences in particular just pop out of the screen.

I really liked the inconsequential opening stuff too, like Rin visiting the school early in the morning. It helped ground the show in reality and buy into her character as a more fully-rounded persona than just 'Oh, it's that Tsundere girl'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hokuto no Ken II ep19-20

Having hit the mid-series recap episode, I think I'll take a break from this for a while. It feels increasingly like Buronson is just making it up as he goes along now, tacking bits onto the story without any real long-term goals and making Kenshiro's adventures feel a bit aimless. It's so painfully apparent that they can't find a good replacement for Raoh as an antagonist that I might actually try to finish the first season again, before I come back to this one.

Blue Gender - Episodes 25 & 26 [Final]

Despite the final episode being a slight and unfortunate mis-step, Blue Gender is a fantastic series.

Buddy Complex: Into the Skies of Tomorrow - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Lots of high tension drama here but also every cliche in the book, you can do better Sunrise!

Ep 1 of Orenchi no Furo Jijou
Ep 1 of Ookami Shoujo to Kuro
Eps 1 & 2 of Gundam: G no Reconguista...all Gundam shows have a masked character. From watching the first 2 episodes and seeing the ending credits, i know who the masked character is gonna be. The art style takes some getting used to, but i'd to see how the story develops.

Back