Your viewing journal

Oreimo Season 2 (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 11, 12 and 13

Well I felt this season was as strong as the first but wasn't as fun as the OVAs of the first season (there were epic moments in S2 but the S1 OVAs were golden) not to mention the harem and fast pacing did put me off a bit. An 8/10 is good enough for me (Season 1 and the OVAs are 9/10).

Now we get to the problematic part, the Season 2 OVAs which blew people up with rage 9000 times as much as Manami's response to Kirino in S2 Episode 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started watching My Teen Rom-Com SNAFU last night, figured I might as well make use of AOD while it's still around. 3 episodes in and this show is pretty good, doesn't feel quite as generic as other slice of life shows.

I've been watching Steins;Gate. Just finished episode 12. I need to stop having favourite characters. I'm so glad I held off on watching this until I had the full series.

Just finished watching both The Tatami Galaxy and Waiting In The Summer.

The Tatami Galaxy

This one was a strange one to say the least. I particularly like the animation style, it's a bit different from the norm. I found it hard to follow especially with the lightning fast subtitles that came with it. It was an enjoyable show though one I'd certainly recommend.

Waiting In the Summer

I immediately fell in love with this one, after the strangeness of The Tatami Galaxy it was nice to have something lighthearted.

Recently I've watched:
Kill La Kill - Episode 2
Kyoukai no Kanata - Episode 2
Samurai Flamenco - Episode 1
Sword Art Online - Episodes 8 - 10 (Dub)

Unfortunately it's quickly hitting me that A) The dub for SAO is pretty meh, and B) how quickly the show goes downhill. It's going to be harder to justify the price for the second arc, especially with Fate/Zero landing next month.

Tonight:
Kokoro Connect - Episodes 1 - 5 (Sub)

I really REALLY like this show so far. I'm glad I held off on watching it until my Bluray copy arrived.
I didn't even give the dub a chance for this one though. I lasted 5 seconds before hearing Brittney Karbowski's voice and switching languages immediately.
She is the most annoyingly overused female voice actor.

Durial666 said:
The Tatami Galaxy

This one was a strange one to say the least. I particularly like the animation style, it's a bit different from the norm. I found it hard to follow especially with the lightning fast subtitles that came with it. It was an enjoyable show though one I'd certainly recommend.

Doesn't help that Beez made them incredibly tiny and hard to see as well. It baffles me when things like that happen, does no one think to actually watch the subtitles and check that they're of a good standard before releasing, is there no such thing as quality control? Great show though :)

Tiger & Bunny Ep.14-16

Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends (English Dub) - Episodes 1 and 2

I am loving this.

Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (English Dub) - Episodes 1 and 2

I hear a ton of hatred to AO with fans rating it around 1-6 out of 10. Well as someone who hasn't watched ES when it came out, I like AO.

Kill la Kill (Japanese Dub) - Episode 3

Dat Transformation Fanservice Overload.

The Garden of Words + a shinkai short - This was my first piece i'd seen of makoto shinkai, so it was quite the experience. The amount of detail that went into this was stunning, it was surprising to learn that it literally had no rotorscoping or motion capture. it was purely hand drawn, and at best, the hand drawn stuff was manipulated by programs to add more intensity or multiply the ripples of the water. that was about it. A really nice piece of work actually overall. I feel i'd need to sit back a bit before i truly cover my thoughts on it though.

As for the short, that was short and sweet. It was probably about 5-10 minutes long at most, and was basically just narrated for the entire thing, with interjections of dialogue from the characters here and there. Not too much else i can say about it.

Beyond the Boundary ep 3. Boring, but I will hope for better in later episodes.
Coppelion ep 3. Still no improvement, so I'm dropping it. Bad.
Galilei Donna ep 1. Too early to tell if I will like this or not. Interesting characters at least.
Pokemon: Origins ep 3-4. *complete* Best. Pokemon. Ever.
Unbreakable Machine-Doll ep 2. This is starting to look quite interesting.

Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 2

This isn't Gundam, and as long as I remember that then this could be a lot of fun.

Flowers of Evil - Episode 9

DRagonball GT - season 1, disc 5

Eugh finally done with season 1. As the Baby arc runs into the next season I'll just review the series as a whole instead of in parts.

Back