Your viewing journal

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket Complete

I’m so glad I picked this up. I watched a few years back on a dodgy stream when I was first exploring Gundam as a friend said it was his favourite. Getting a legit copy of War in the Pocket was one of the reasons I picked up a multi-region player.

Anyway, about the series… damn, this is the best Gundam show. I’d recommend this to anyone that wants a real human drama even if they are not mecha fans. Out of the 6 episodes, I think there is only 3 battles, so the focus is more on characters than pew pew. But damn, every battle has an emotional impact and they all look cool as hell!

The ending is heart breaking and really shows the ravages of war with a weight that few shows manage. Also, everyone wants Bernie as an older brother and Chris as the girl next door. Maybe not Al’s parents though (someone should probably call social services on them with the amount of **** Al gets up to 🤣).

IMG_8983.jpeg

The Apothecary Diaries eps 1-6 (dub)
Fantastic so far, maybe even slightly better than Frieren, at least in terms of story and intrigue. Reminds me, a bit, of Cadfael (I looked it up for the spelling, it's debut was 30 years ago next Wednesday, f me I'm getting old!) My only problem is her knowledge seems a little too advanced, sure she has plenty experience of herbs and stuff and her street smarts is a lot better than the sheltered naivety of those in the court, but some of the terminology she uses seems pretty modern. If it was revealed at the end that she was isekai'd I wouldn't be surprised!
Art and animation wise it's pretty good too, maybe Frieren just beats it in this aspect.

Last edited:
Astro Note episode 8 Suplex and suck.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 8 The idol is a part-timer.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 56 Honed-in skills.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episode 8 Routine.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 47 Mishandling.

PreCure: Max Heart episodes 39-40, PreCure: Max Heart Movie 2 (Film), 41-47 (Complete. A solid sequel series that in some ways was better the original and on par with it elsewhere overall.) 3.5/5

PreCure: Splash☆Star
episodes 1-15

Last edited:
Birthday Wonderland Film

I was a little disappointed with this one. All the character were just a little annoying and the plot was meh. I watched it with my daughter and it’s the first film she’s ever said “Daddy, I don’t want to watch that film again” 🤣

IMG_9019.jpeg

Space Adventure Cobra
Film

Holly hell, the HDR on this film is insane. The whole film just looks gorgeous, I’m really glad I went with the 4k disc. Plot wise, it’s definitely of its time but if you lean into that, you’ll have a really fun evening.

Hats off for the cool intro, banging music and just plain weirdness (alien rave scene, yes mate)!

Also, star nipples 😵🤣

IMG_9005.jpeg

Dr. Slump: Hello! Wonder Land (Japanese) - Movie (Complete) (re-watch)

I haven't seen this movie in years (though it is only the length of an episode) so I'd forgotten a lot about it but this was a fun little movie.

Originally watched this along with a number of episodes of the original series (what was available with fan-subs at the time anyway). Would be nice if more of the series would get picked up eventually but there is quite a lot of it and is still quite niche overall despite being an Akira Toriyama work so I doubt it unfortunately.

Last edited:
Black Butler: Public School Arc episode 7 One last bowl.

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night episode 8 Connections.

Kaiju No. 8 episode 7 Just this once.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 142 Everyone.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 8 Every fisherman’s dream.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 9 Too shy.

The Fable episode 8 Visitor.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 8 Those we leave behind.

Whisper Me a Love Song episode 7 Filling in.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 8 Suspect.

PreCure: Splash☆Star episodes 16-36

Last edited:
Back