Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia (Season 7) (Japanese) - Episode 140 - 141

Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 5 - 6

Black Butler: Public School Arc (Japanese) - Episode 5 - 6

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Hashira Training Arc (Japanese) - Episode 1 - 2

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Japanese) - Episode 8

Haikyu!! (Japanese) - Episode 13 - 20

Gods’ Games we Play episode 8 Pyramid play.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 8 Smooth talker.

Train to the End of the World episode 8 An anime world.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 32 Some great reward.

Polar Bear Cafe episodes 44-50 (Complete. A pleasant and fun series that had a surprisingly long run.) 3.5/5

PreCure: Max Heart
episodes 1-5

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episode 7

Gods' Game We Play Episode 8

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability Episode 8

Re:Monster Episode 8

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases Episode 9

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 32

Haikyu!! (Japanese) - Episode 21 - 25 + OVA (Complete)

With the movie showing next week in cinemas it was about time I start watching this series, I've been meaning to watch it for years anyway. I found this a very enjoyable sports series and some of the later matches get quite intense and you really get into the game at times. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Oblivion Battery episode 7 Efforts.

Rinkai! episode 7 Prediction.

PreCure: Max Heart episodes 6-10, PreCure: Max Heart Movie 1 (Film), 11-15

Aim for the Ace Movie

F€$¥! What a great movie! I’m not sure if it’s because Gunbusters is influenced/completely steals (🤣) from the plot of this film, but damn! I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I love the dream like quality of the animation in places and then when it goes to action it becomes more scratchy and/or manga stills over psychedelic backgrounds. I’m definitely here for the characters, the story and even the tennis was cool (like Hajime no Ippo, another anime that covers a sport I have no interest in yet somehow end up being fully invested).

Now do I buy the series which the movie is a condensed version of or do I buy the next series to see where the story goes?

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

Armored Police Metal Jack - Episodes 16 - 22

Since the series lapsed into it's second half with episode 19 there has been a good run episodes, particularly episode 21 which was fantastic, that have really lifted the show as a whole, even if some of the character animation continues to be hilariously off model at times!

Kaiju No. 8 - Episode 6

Gundam Wing & Endless Waltz

"It's a Gundam!!!" the dub is hilariously bad at times 😂, I watched the TV series 3 times through the 00's; first on Toonami (which was the only time I watched it dubbed), then on DVD and subbed. I have a lot of nostalgia for it but realised that a lot of the story through the middle of the series was actually nonsense on that 3rd viewing. The blu-rays have been sat on the shelf for years and it's something I keep promising myself I'll watch again soon.

Aim for the Ace Movie

If you haven't already seen the TV show, then please do check it out, it's even better than the movie :).

Pluto eps 6-8 (dub) (complete)
Erm, well that was underwhelming plot wise. Each episode was pretty much the same with a piece of the puzzle pointing one way before the next episode pointed another and then each episode also saw a super robot die. In the end after it possibly being a super Ai, then revenge of a human scientist, then back to the Ai, then the leader of the defeated nation, then the super ai was the human scientist, then actually the other nation in the war plotting in the background, it finally turned out to be a sentient teddy bear pulling the strings which was none of the above and thus unexplained and totally confusing.
I will say there was quite a lot of tense moments and the intrigue was good early on before the repetitiveness really set in.
The art and animation were great.
7/10

Ninja Scroll Movie

Another one from my youth. Such a great series of set pieces and as an adult I can watch safely knowing my Mum won’t walk in during some of the dodgy scenes 🤣

Great use of colour in the film too. The bamboo forest and the sunset scenes being my favourite.

But can anyone tell me why the government spy would want to have the most jangly staff known to man? I thought he was supposed to be all stealth 🤣

trim.F0682F79-E642-4CF2-904B-1E557E019ECD.gif

The Goldfinger
Always a pleasure to watch Andy Lau and Tony Leung.
I would have preferred more financial mumbo jumbo about how it all worked.
It made want to watch

Chasing the Dragon
Andy Lau as Lee Rock and Donnie Yen sorting out the fights. Still entertaining as a rewatch.
And to ramp up the violence

Train to Busan
Zombies and Don Lee. Perfect.

Haikyu!! (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 1 - 6

Enjoying the start to this season but I feel I'm getting a little burnt out trying to watch so much in a short time unfortunately, planned to get through much more today than what I did watch. No fault of the show though.

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson (Japanese audio) - Film

e59d23f25fd43da9188866445a9e9113.gif

Bartender: Glass of God episode 8 Offer.

Date A Live V episode 7 True descendants.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 episode 7 Fireplace and fortunes.

Mysterious Disappearances episode 7 Foreign bodies.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio episode 7 Fan fury.

PreCure: Max Heart episodes 16-26

An Archdemon’s Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride episode 9 Grudge.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics episode 8 Partake.

Dungeon Meshi episode 21 Soulful eggs.

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 episode 8 Pizza time.

PreCure: Max Heart episodes 27-38

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 9

Delicious in Dungeon Episode 21 Prophecy.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 42

Yuru Camp△ Season 3
Episode 8

Back