Your viewing journal

Michiko to Hatchin - Episodes 1 - 8 (Dub)

I didn't know what to expect from this show going into it, since I pretty much blind bought it after seeing the OP.
I'm really really really glad that I did buy it though since it's actually very good so far, and the same can also be said about the dub.

Deadman Wonderland ep 7-12 + OAV. *complete* It's really starting to p*** me off how so many anime don't even try to finish their storyline and just suddenly stop.
Free ep 11.
Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen ep 12. Thats the story wrapped up, just an epilogue episode left. Very good series imo.
Silver Spoon ep 4.
Sunday Without God ep 12. *complete* Better than it initially seemed, a good series overall.
Watamote ep 11. Is there a hint of potential for a happy ending?

Last edited by a moderator:
GolGotha said:
Attack on Titan - Episode 24

Watched that today. Pretty gruesome I thought, especially when Eren was removing the rubble off himself and the wood that sticking out of his chest.

Also seen Free! Ep. 10-11.

elixEideJ said:
Deadman Wonderland ep 7-12 + OAV. *complete* It's really starting to p*** me off how so many anime don't even try to finish their storyline and just suddenly stop.

Just watched 1-12 and the OAV myself this weekend. I'm not sure it really needs a spoiler but as you say, it doesn't conclude. Loads of plot threads unexplored, I can only assume they were sticking to the Manga and/or assumed a 2nd season was viable. Fairly enjoyable but it's making me think I should look into things with a fine tooth comb so I know if a series even if it doesn't cover the entire original story ends at a proper point.

Also watched My Bride is a Mermaid over the last few weeks. Fairly funny but it began to irk me after a while and I've pinned it down to the fact it's largely just filler episodes of no consequence. It did end well though (even if that was perhaps just another joke having Nagasumi perma buffed)

elixEideJ said:
I'm under the impression that they planned to make a second season, but Deadman bombed sales wise in Japan, and with its sales numbers it's pretty much guaranteed to NEVER get another season. Either way, for me it's another one of those shows which people make out to be much better than it is.

My Neighbour Totoro (Blu-ray)

I watched this with my boys this afternoon (it was a father's day present), a truly delightful film and I know I keep going on about it but I love watching anime like Totoro in HD, it just looks stunning!!

Steins Gate - Episodes 2-12 (Couldn't stop watching..)

Holy crap ...I didn't expect that to happen .. hoping they do something about that unexpected death, couldn't take it being the end of Mayuri.. too-too-roo .. siggh

& Okabe is meant to be 18? That took me by surprise

Burst Angel 13-16 rewatch.

GiTS:SAC 1st GIG 1-4 rewatch. I was shocked to realise I hadn't watched this for 5 years and with Arise likely to be announced by Manga any day it's a good excuse to rewatch.

Ga Rei Zero 1-4 which was suitably violent and interesting.

Back