Your viewing journal

NormanicGrav said:
Gintama (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 7-9

It's funny how Gin was complaining about the lack of the opening intro playing and then suddenly it plays right after. Gotta love Gintama.

Believe, you will see more of that in the coming episodes. Theres always something like that once in a while. Its so funny.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Attack on Titan eps 5-21

Actually, in a really bizarre weird way it keeps reminding me of Kaiji...

I am watching Kaiji 2 at the moment and that thought crossed my mind a few times already but on the other way. lol Coincidence or not

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

I thought this was much better than the TV series, getting rid of all the chaff made the story flow much better.

Majestic Prince 24

I said from the beginning that it was the chemistry and camaraderie that was this series' strength, which definitely held true to the end.

The action in the last few episodes has really been stunning, with some terrific choreography and real tension. More than anything though, I was really rooting for this cast. The way Team Rabbits developed throughout was very well handled, so when the drama was ramped up it worked. The series never let go of its sense of humour even in this final episode, with some great lines. Also, while so many death flags went up, I'm glad that all the good guys survived this time.

Sure, a lot of Majestic Prince was based on tried and tested mecha tropes, but I thought it carved out an identity of its own. I'm going to miss Team Rabbits a lot.

It's also very clearly set-up for a sequel. Bring it on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Exorcist - Episodes 13 - 17 (Dub) and the two Ura-Eku's which were on disc 1.

Gotta say, as of late Viz Media and Aniplex seem to be the only ones really putting out decent dubs, with Blue Exorcist and especially Tiger & Bunny probably being the best two this year by far. From what I've heard of it, Fate/Zero is also pretty good (But it's Fate, so naturally the Japanese Dub will always be better). I'm not saying all of their stuff is strong though, just that the smaller range they output is usually better quality. Sword Art Online for example is very hit and miss, but part of that may be due to the rushed nature of the show and occasional silly over-emphasis on lines. Maybe this is a result of outsourcing to other studios, and having access to a wider cast, rather than doing everything in house and re-using the same cast for everything (FUNI, I'm looking at you here especially). I don't have a preference for Dub/Sub, but I honestly don't mind paying the price for Aniplex's releases because they always get it right, whether it's Product Presentation, Extras, Dubbing or BD Authoring.

Yeah, I thought Blue Exorcist's dub was very strong too. Rewatched the first 12 episodes over the weekend. Forgotten how much I liked the series, it really is a brilliantly executed adaptation of the manga material. The extra episode was a lot of fun too, and it looks pretty good on Blu-ray.

Silver Spoon 11

Continues to be a fine adaptation until the end. I'm very much looking forward to the next season in January.

Attack on Titan - Episode 23
Blue Exorcist - Episodes 18 - 21 (Dub) + Ura Eku special

What the hell was with Annie's face near the end of the episode? I mean, what even was that expression?

Back