Your viewing journal

3x3 Eyes 01-04 with the Steamline dub I "found" as my dvd version has the horrible Pioneer re-dub. I much prefer 3x3 Eyes dub as that's how I first saw it late night on channel 4 in the 90's.

Steins; Gate part 1

Although only one season away from the end of DBZ, I still have both seasons of GT and all the films to go, so needed a break from all the kamehamehaaaaaaing. I am literally counting the days before I get part 2. I can't believe I have managed to hold out against the urge to look up what happened next after the episode 12 cliffhanger.

Watamote 12
A fine finish to my favourite anime of the season. Equally hilarious and heart-breaking, and an astonishing adaptation of a fine manga. Gonna miss ya Mokocchi. I also really liked Mike Toole's write-up on ANN about it, where he draws parallels with my favourite anime of last season, Flowers of Evil.

The World God Only Knows - Goddesses 8-12
No surprises that it was a shaky start considering the skipped material, but it turned out to be really good at the end. I actually thought being confined to 12 episodes helped the adaptation, giving a real sense of urgency and pace to proceedings. They completely, absolutely and incontrovertibly did justice to Chihiro, which was the most important thing.

I think a lot of people felt the same way. It wasn't so much the actual ending that annoyed me personally, more the feeling of cramming so much exposition into the 2-3 episodes beforehand. I'd rather they spread the story out more evenly across the whole series.

Dragonball Z - season 9, discs 1 and 2

By the way, how have the UK editions sold? I only ask because NEO magazine said time and time again that DBZ wouldn't get a UK release as "TV anime doesn't sell." (Which is why I picked them all up on import a couple of years back) Yet, in the latest revamped edition, DBZ season 8 is no.1 in the July sales chart with fellow TV anime One Piece not far behind. I'm assuming they have sold well overall, I just wondered if anyone knew how well?

Naruto Shippuden episodes 167-169

Professor Irony said:
I think a lot of people felt the same way. It wasn't so much the actual ending that annoyed me personally, more the feeling of cramming so much exposition into the 2-3 episodes beforehand. I'd rather they spread the story out more evenly across the whole series.

Especially as episode nine had very little in the way of plot, they could have moved some of the exposition into it.

Back