Your viewing journal

Professor Irony said:
Highlights from the fairly odd selection of things watched at a friend's house yesterday:

The Cockpit (1993)

Three self-contained short stories depicting the last days of World War 2, as penned by Leiji Matsumoto. While it won't hold anything too fresh for any war movie afficionados, this is a respectful and often poignant collection. Told from the axis point of view, The Cockpit remembers the bravery of those fighting a war already lost, without glamorising the pointless waste of life. Also boasts some very nicely animated aerial combat scenes.

+Tic (Plastic) Nee-san (2011)

A gag comedy about three girls who comprise a highschool club for building model kits, this is a crude, daft little series which is also very, very funny. In a longer format, it might outstay its welcome, but with a dozen three minute episodes, it's a welcome distraction.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble (2010)

Effectively a 90-minute standalone episode of the tv series, but, within the confines of that, I think this is the best film it could possibly have been. It's a jolly romp that's well animated and plays to the strengths of the series, without dwelling too much on its weaknesses. What's more, it actually made me nostalgic for Trigun, a show I was never a huge fan of.
Ah The Cockpit now there is a blast from the past from the good old VHS days,still got it kicking about somewhere i think lol,awesome OVA which really needs to get put back on the market a blu-ray release would be amazing,it might not excite the younger generation but it is a total gem and based on stories by Leiji Matsumoto and written and directed by three anime giants(Yoshiaki Kawajiri,Takashi Imanishi and Ryousuke Takahashi),really does not get any better than that.

Miyuki episodes 1-2,wow to say i,m happy this classic is getting fansubbed is a understatement,another classic anime adaption based on the manga by Mitsuru Adachi,so if you like Touch,H2,Cross Game,Slow Step etc there is no doubt you will fall in love with this. :D

Doraemon666 said:
Ah The Cockpit now there is a blast from the past from the good old VHS days,still got it kicking about somewhere i think lol,awesome OVA which really needs to get put back on the market a blu-ray release would be amazing,it might not excite the younger generation but it is a total gem and based on stories by Leiji Matsumoto and written and directed by three anime giants(Yoshiaki Kawajiri,Takashi Imanishi and Ryousuke Takahashi),really does not get any better than that.

I hadn't actually realised who the directors were until after I watched it, so that was a pleasant surprise :)

But yeah, I think it would definitely benefit from a blu-ray release - the flight scenes deserve it.

Haruhi Season1 00-03 rewatch in disk rather than broadcast order.
H.O.T.D. 9-12 on Bluray rewatch to finish.
Rozen Maiden Träumend 5-9.

Back