Your viewing journal

Mangaranga said:
Persona 4: The Animation - Episodes 16 & 17 (Vol 2 Finished)
Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion

Wait, what was The Second Combustion supposed to add? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but It feels like I just watched an hour of filler which came to a sudden stop.

I felt the same about Mardock though it was nice to watch. Maybe we will understand better what was that for when we watch the third movie.

Arbalest said:
@joshawatt & animefreak17 - Gundam 00 is pretty fantastic, and it's easily the most accessible gundam imho for any newcomers to the franchise. If you do ever decide to watch the movie, be prepared to hate the ending. i imagine it never happened so i feel better about it ;D

Speaking of Gundam;

Gundam Unicorn Episode 5 - Well, what an episode. My god. I don't honestly think i've seen such a well animated series of battles in a long while. They spared no pennies in making this absolutely stunning to watch. It's very well paced, story flows nicely and i honestly think i'm starting to like Banagher more than most others as a protag for gundam. Honestly can't wait to get episode 6 in, but then i have the wait for episode 7 D: I have heard that 6 is fairly poorly paced, but we'll see when i get to it.
i know its pretty fantastic, i was worried its was going to follow the same formula as wing, seed, seed destiny, you had no idea how much dread i was going though, because i thought 00 was going to do the same formula, but *thank god( i dont believe in a god )* i was wrong the character designs, the story, plot its just a awesome gundam series,

i couldn't tell half the time what the face expressions on the characters in seed and seed destiny was like, they just seemed half assed, and also with wing seed and seed destiny characters seems to have a change of heart at a drop of a hat, but 00 gives you reasons why and how more clearly in this series its just awesome, if seed and wing had the animations the good story has good as 00 did them im sure the others would be as just as good.

Tamako Market 12

Seriously Kyoto Animation...you set up all this freaking love hexagon (or how many sides the shape has, I lost count) and you have the finale devoid of any romance? Sure, you alluded to the choker on Choi's neck hiding a mole, making her a bridal candidate, which was cool as she obviously loves the Prince, but what about Mochizo and Midori?!
Also, this image makes me think that Tamako knew about Mochizo all along. If true, I want to slap her for not making her feelings (or lack of them) known to him!

I was pretty disappointed with this finale. Needs a season 2 though. Preferably called "Kanna Market" and focusing on Kanna.

Arbalest said:
@joshawatt & animefreak17 - Gundam 00 is pretty fantastic, and it's easily the most accessible gundam imho for any newcomers to the franchise. If you do ever decide to watch the movie, be prepared to hate the ending. i imagine it never happened so i feel better about it ;D
I liked the movie, although I did feel it didn't really connect well with the more political seasons 1 and 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sword Art Online episode 1. I havent had chance to see any anime for a few weeks. I've also been meanimg to try sao since it finished airing. So far it looks like a series I'll really enjoy.

Blast of Tempest 24

A fine ending (if ever so slightly rushed) to what was an outstanding series from beginning to end. I adored the Shakespearean tone the show had, which combined with the amazing Michiru Oshima score gave it a sense of grandeur that made it really stand out.

Joshawott said:
Arbalest said:
I liked the movie, although I did feel it didn't really connect well with the more political seasons 1 and 2.

The movie was fine for the most part, it's the ending that was the issue. It just....urgh.

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled 1 - So, That was a thing. Sunrise have a way with OVA/film-like releases which still stuns me when i watch it. The mech battles in this where amazing to watch and the story, to an extent, was far more engaging than some of what the original series had to offer. It's also nice to see everything from a perspective outwith japan too. Overall i suggest if you liked the series, you watch this. But i do suggest mostly watching the original 2 series before doing so. Not so much for the first episode, but i can only assume later on there is more overlapping characters, etc.

Finished one of long timers, A Certain Magical Index. Not too bad a show but I'd rather have the Manga.
Finished Fruits Basket. I liked the mixing of a traditional folk tale told in a modern way.
Making a start with Lucky Star, seems like a harmless bit of fluff so far with a bit of adult thrown in. I wouldn't say it makes me laugh but I do smile.

Panty & Stocking disc 2 - Wow the Transformers parody episode never fails to have me helpless with laughter. Especially the rude names the dub gives "Optimus Prime" and "Megatron". Because I am very juvenile.

Back