Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
im still going though bobobo.

a lil advice for you guys, for love of your sanity dont watch this, im pretty sure who ever made this series was on Ecstasy and Weed and maybe speed, as for me im going to try and finish this random randomness of all that is random series.

Is it as crazy as Panty & Stocking? Cos if so, I'm might check it out!

Mobile Suit Gundam - Episodes 35 - 38

Episode 36 is probably my favourite of the whole series and
I love it now we're fully into the New Type plot!

Majestic Prince - Episode 1

Nothing new so far :?

Watched the first ep of Yahari / My Youth Romantic Comedy earlier on. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but it seems much the same old stuff. Remarkably like Oreshura without the JoJo references, actually. Might give it another couple of episodes out of courtesy, but I doubt I'll be sticking with it, unless it ups its game substantially.

Broken Blade

Finally got round to finishing it. I did enjoy it quite a bit. Though Episode 5 bugged me a bit Seems Rygart grabbed the idiot ball and ran with it, every decision he took led to more problems. He was doing so well up to then! Still, I'm glad I watched it.

Majestic Prince 1

Been a long while since I started a mecha series. Anyway I quite enjoyed this, mainly for the goofy camaraderie between the main team. It's clear that the series isn't taking itself too seriously, and the battles were well animated (though non-battle animation looked like it had a lot of short cuts). Not a fan of those Gundam Seed character designs, but whatever. I'll keep on watching this if it can keep up that humour, I like the chemistry between the five pilots a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hataraku Maou-Sama 1

This was pretty funny. Interesting twist on the fish-out-of-water comedy. If it keeps up the laughs I'll keep watching.

The Flowers of Evil 1

Oh boy, the screenshots of this caused quite a stir online. We knew it was going to have some kind of unconventional animation style but I certainly wasn't expecting what we got. They're going for rotoscoping, like A Scanner Darkly or Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings movie. I do think the budget's getting in the way of the execution, what with the lack of shading and the missing faces occasionally. It's definitely a huge departure from the style of the manga.

However I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it worked. The animation makes everything seem unnerving and unsettling, which totally fits the tone of the story, I think. If nothing else the more realistic character designs stand out for sure. The sound and music definitely added to the atmosphere, I'll definitely be watching the rest of it. It's bold, artistic and it totally fits the story (based on the few volumes of the manga I've read).

Ath said:
The Flowers of Evil 1

Oh boy, the screenshots of this caused quite a stir online. We knew it was going to have some kind of unconventional animation style but I certainly wasn't expecting what we got. They're going for rotoscoping, like A Scanner Darkly or Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings movie. I do think the budget's getting in the way of the execution, what with the lack of shading and the missing faces occasionally. It's definitely a huge departure from the style of the manga.

However I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it worked. The animation makes everything seem unnerving and unsettling, which totally fits the tone of the story, I think. If nothing else the more realistic character designs for sure. The sound and music definitely added to the atmosphere, I'll definitely be watching the rest of it. It's bold, artistic and it totally fits the story (based on the few volumes of the manga I've read).

I've seen Flowers of Evil too. It was.. different. The trailers werent very clear (i think) about what was gonna be about regarding story. Never read the manga so its a totally blind watch. Looking forward to 2nd episode.

Devil Survivor 2 - 1

Ok this one I had a bit higher expectations than Flowers of Evil but it didnt surprise me at all for now and the characters werent nothing special too but the one that appeared right before ending, made me remember Near in Death Note. So, lets see whats gonna happen.

Jojo's Bizarre Posing Adventure 26(END) - And so ends that series. i actually think it's easily one of my favourite shows i've watched now. Sure, part 1 wasn't as amazing in areas, but it was well executed. For what it is, it's bang on what i hoped for, and more. Now heres hoping they announce when Part 3 gets animated sooner rather than later.

Majestic Prince 1 - I was unsure on starting this at first, as the blurb didn't really catch me(and i've never really been a fan of the character designers artwork), but after watching it, it's not that bad. Sure it's nothing exactly new, but it has enough to be entertaining. It is certainly more light hearted, or comedic might be better in describing it, than most mecha you find, so i want to see where they take that angle. The battles themselves are nice to watch too, and some of the ideas behind the protags units are quite nice to see, but again, i'll wait and see what the series brings for it.

Back