Your viewing journal

Gundam Age 42-43 - More battles, which are quite nice, though there is still bits i'm iffy with at this point. Regardless, only 6 episodes left to go, so let's see how they see this through.

Lupin III - A woman called Fujiko Mine 8-9 - Well, this took a turn for the bizarre. I'm actually tempted to call these my favourite episodes so far because of the development we're seeing with Fujiko. The inclusion of Lupin in these episodes help a lot to, and you can see that they are slowly uniting the crew on the way. We just need to wait for Goemon to join them now Will be trying to get the last 4 episodes in over tonight/tomorrow, so will be looking forward to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
GolGotha said:
Re watched Black Butler Season 1 disk 1 & 2 with my brother, at first he only wanted to watch one episode, but after he realised it wasn't full of yaoi he managed to enjoy it.

Since you have blue hair I thought your brother had pink hair, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Teo

Sadly we're not the Ouran Twins..... :p

hikaru+and+kaoru.png

Dream Eater Merry 1-2

Urgh...those translation notes are really starting to get on my nerves. They're only up for split seconds, are always in random places on the screen and they're for things that really don't matter (Do I really need a note for what a tsundere means and the etymology?).

In terms of the show itself...Yumeji seems to be dealing with all the stuff that's just happened a little too well and Old Man Tachibana sounds like he was just waiting for the opportunity to give shonen-style advice. Merry's amnesia is also very, very confusing...she can remember her name and what Dream Demons are but...not much else? Only the plot important bits xD (Can we call this Plotnesia?).

ilmaestro said:
I thought you were reviewing some episodes of Dream Eater Merry, Josh, but I didn't see the phrase "midriff" anywhere so I'm not sure.
Now that you mention it...they sure do focus on the midriff in the ending theme...

I've watched episodes 3-6 now and at times I have to wonder if things are done for artistic effect, or if the studio was running out of money xD. Like when Yumeji gets slashed down the side and it cuts to a pencil sketch-type still image of Merry with her shouting over it).. Next episode is a beach one though....oh joy 9.9 (Seriously, why does every series have to have one?).

One thing I am liking though is, at least on disc one (I have yet to check disc 2), the Japanese subbed version is the default language option.

Last edited by a moderator:
elixEideJ said:
Starting Gundam Seed Destiny tonight. Based on what I've heard I'm prepared for dissapointment.

im right behind ya, i just have to get though 2 gundam movies and il be with ya, im not looking forward to this but at the same time i am.

Finished: Nyarko. Not a bad little series, doubt I'll pick it up if it comes to the uk,

Started (Rewatch) Strawberry Panic. Still like this series :)

Nonstarter Noodle said:
Episode 9, Haganai Next.
Also making a start with Toradora after reading a part of the Manga.

What's Haganai Next showing on? I managaed to watch Haganai when Funi put it on their youtube for free but I guess it wouldn't be there yet.

I hope you enjoy Toradora, I too grabbed the DvD's after reading volume 1 of the Manga, I was initally thrown by the slightly lower gag/hi-jinks content compared to Vol 1 of the Manga but overall it's by far one of my favourite shows.

---

On the wathcing front over Sat & Sunday

Steins Gate 1-5
Kampfer 1-5
Strike Witches 1-4 (rewatch but of BD now)

Gonna see how this split approach works out, I could easily of watched a full season or half of Steins Gate but hopefully by splitting things up it'll keep things fresher.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai e.1&2 - Yes, yes, and thrice yes. They have brought my Sasami-san to life in acceptable fashion. I was... worried isn't exactly the word... about Asumi Kana in the role, but she fits.

Tamako Market e.2 - The humor in this show is at times so gentle, so light that it would be possible to mistake as deliberately unfunny segments put in to contrast with some of the sillier aspects of the main characters - but it's killing me so far. Things like Tamako's forced whistle after her Dad hears her call him bald just leave me in stitches. I'm not sure how much to read into the focus on Midori in this episode though - there was some implication that she's in love with Tamako, but I think it would be a more interesting (albeit less likely) development if she was in love with Mochizou.

Back