Your viewing journal

Ah! My Goddess was one of my very first Anime..s. T'was lovely.

Watched Nichijou 5-6 (I can't with this show, love it) & Slayers: 20-23

Trying my hardest to get rid of my backlog before buying more =X

Nonstarter Noodle said:
Rosencrantz said:
Ergo Proxy disc1. I won't pretend I know what's going at the moment as I must have blinked and missed a really important plot point.

That show is one big .. "0_o" moment throughout, at least in my opinion ;)

ah my goddess is just soooo nice, light hearted which i like, its fun to watch, theres nothing suspenseful and the female lead is sooooooooooooooo nice, I just love her. even the antagonists are likeable. its a heart warming series,

i thought i was going to get a love triangle sad, depressing drama series but im glad my expectations was wrong i just love it

Canaan episodes 3-5

Not a bad series but I am still finding the tone rather uneven. It flips between comedy & serious drama at the drop of a hat. Yes other shows do this but this does it more frequently than most.

After certain previous comments of mine and reactions generated by them, as well as the fact that I seem to be entering a renewed period of activity on the forum I feel a disclaimer is perhaps in order so here it is:
Note for new members and / or the overly serious - I am not renowned for being overly serious*.

Codified Geese something-20

So Lulu keeps going on about creating a world where Nunnery can be happy, failing miserably to acknowledge the fact that despite what she's had to suffer compared to him**, Nunnery actually seems perfectly friggin' happy. He's obviously lying to himself about his own motives - I think I'd have a lot more sympathy for the self-righteous prat if he was just yelling "REVENGE!". With his refusal to accept that anything bad could possibly be the fault of him or his crusade and an increasingly unhinged attitude when things don't go according to plan he definitely has "something of the Light" about him now. Particularly his indignation at Suzaku's role - How dare he choose to do something other than fulfil the role you have assigned him in your imaginary head-world Lulu? How dare he?

Speaking of Lulu and Suzi, the mech battles have mostly been very good so far. Nicely choreographed and directed and I imagine they can only get more impressive now they can fly. But on the downside, this has basically just made them Gundams, so bang goes what little originality they had.

I can understand why some people think R2-C2 is cool, but she can't really be anything other than cool because at this point she still doesn't have any depth to her character beyond mysterious consumer of pizzas (I sort of wish that instead of the immersion breaking cutaways and silences, her name was kept secret in the same manner as Mrs Doyle from Father Ted with loud noises masking every instance of it being said). I feel as though they could have gotten more out of Mao than they did. I was quite happy to learn he wasn't dead and looking forward to learning more about his and C2's past and relationship and as a result, was somewhat disappointed when they killed him again, for good, in the very same episode.

Taken along with the Suzaku ex machina that was a pretty dire episode all round, but it did reveal Suzi's dark secret... Which... I can't see really changes anything except making him seem a little less of a goody-two-shoes (if collaborators with hostile occupying forces can be described in that way - I don't imagine the French Milice were thought of as goody-goodies).

What else happened? Euphoria... what's Euphoria doing other than being the only person who knows everything but doesn't have the balls to take sides or attempt to stop the fighting, prefering to keep schtum and let her brother and her lover continue on their path to destruction at each others hands? Not much. She's the Lalah Sune who has to die to make them realise that war is futile and what dicks they both are, I'm calling it now. Except unlike Lalah, she's also a dick.
I don't think they'd off moe little Nunnery for that purpose, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Karen is pretty much the only character I actually like at this point (not that I dislike all the others, I just don't particularly care about them because I haven't seen anything to make me care about them... yet). She seems to have a real revolutionary spirit, frank and simple reasons for doing what she does, be able to understand and accept the nature of her actions and be capable of self-sacrifice in the name of her cause. She's the only one Che Guevara would have along, I'm sure. I've read his diaries and everything. Plus boobies. With coloured-in nipples and everything.

*With the notable exception of when I'm talking in Random about how I intend to nonchalantly sip wine on a rooftop as the world dies screaming.

**I previously presumed, after seeing her with her eyes open AFTER the attack on her mother that Nunnery kept them closed because she "didn't want to open them again after the terrible things she'd seen" (or something equally pathetic to get people to "dawww" over her). But that was possibly a little harsh of me since it does now look like she lost her sight during the invasion of Japan. Not that being serially unlucky like that isn't another form of moe, but being actually disabled is obviously a lot more legitimate than being disabled by choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairy Tail eps 145-152. (subbed watched online)

Glad the Infinity Clock business is over.

Bleach movie 4 Hell-verse.

The story itself is quite pointless considering the 'official' series as a whole but very enjoyable for a bleach fan.

Can't wait for them to hurry up and dub the rest of the Winter War.

Tiger and Bunny episode 2. Another episode that has a lot of content shared with the movie, so there wasn't too much that I hadn't seen before. Still very enjoyable though.

Also, I noticed that the Kaze logo on the main menu screen has a spinning planetary ring around it, to fit in with the Hero TV logo. I like that they've put the effort in to do that.

Twelve Kingdoms Episodes 34 - 36*

Aria The Natural Episode 22

Shiki Episode 22

* Twelve Kingdoms is a rewatch in that I have already watched the dvds but I am now watching it on blu-ray. I got the final set some time ago but am only now getting around to watching it.

ayase said:
So Lulu keeps going on about creating a world where Nunnery can be happy, failing miserably to acknowledge the fact that despite what she's had to suffer compared to him**, Nunnery actually seems perfectly friggin' happy. He's obviously lying to himself about his own motives - I think I'd have a lot more sympathy for the self-righteous prat if he was just yelling "REVENGE!". With his refusal to accept that anything bad could possibly be the fault of him or his crusade and an increasingly unhinged attitude when things don't go according to plan he definitely has "something of the Light" about him now. Particularly his indignation at Suzaku's role - How dare he choose to do something other than fulfil the role you have assigned him in your imaginary head-world Lulu? How dare he?

Main characters getting more and more 'unhinged' is always fun though, but your right that its his hatred of his father and the empire thats driving him, he wants revenge for his the death of his mother and the suffering inflicated upon him Nunnally. The end result is theoretically a nicer world.

I can understand why some people think R2-C2 is cool, but she can't really be anything other than cool because at this point she still doesn't have any depth to her character beyond mysterious consumer of pizzas (I sort of wish that instead of the immersion breaking cutaways and silences, her name was kept secret in the same manner as Mrs Doyle from Father Ted with loud noises masking every instance of it being said).

Didn't they use the drops of water in the cave to conceal her true name? We have some info at this time, can't be killed, seems to have lived at least a few hundred years, burnt alive at one time, shot a few more. You should also consider why she's happy to chill when Lelouch is supposed to be fufilling her wish as his end of the bargain and why she kicked Mao to the curb when he couldn't fulfil her wish. Not to mention they need to pace things out for 50 eps.

What else happened? Euphoria... what's Euphoria doing other than being the only person who knows everything but doesn't have the balls to take sides or attempt to stop the fighting, prefering to keep schtum and let her brother and her lover continue on their path to destruction at each others hands? Not much.

She's torn and somewhat powerless being the only peaceful member of the Royal Family, things will kick off nicely at the end of ep 21 and in 22 most definately.

Karen is pretty much the only character I actually

I think we all like Kallen Plus Boobies :)

*With the notable exception of when I'm talking in Random about how I intend to nonchalantly sip wine on a rooftop as the world dies screaming.

**I previously presumed, after seeing her with her eyes open AFTER the attack on her mother that Nunnery kept them closed because she "didn't want to open them again after the terrible things she'd seen" (or something equally pathetic to get people to "dawww" over her). But that was possibly a little harsh of me since it does now look like she lost her sight during the invasion of Japan. Not that being serially unlucky like that isn't another form of moe, but being actually disabled is obviously a lot more legitimate than being disabled by choice.

Covered in the 2nd season

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the past few days i've watched:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 19 - Pretty intense and fun episode. It keeps going from strength to strength as well, so looking forward to the next episode.

Space brothers 45 - Moving onto the next arc next week, should be interesting. This was a nice episode to prepare for it as well, having Mutta back in the spotlight is quite welcome, though it still was refreshing to have a different focus on the episodes prior to this.

Angel Beats 1-5 - You know, this isn't actually that bad. It's a bit of fun, and has an interesting world behind it. Characters are a little bland though. But will continue on regardless

Demon King Daimao: Episodes 9 - 10.

Um... what? Did the series just cut about 5 episodes and jump to the finale? That has to be the quickest start to any confrontation in existence. In all fairness... I have no idea what the hell is going on!

There was a confrontation building, yes, but... so many things just instantly changed on a whim. Lack of cohesion, lack of structure and lack of focused plotting.

The bit with the voyeuristic ninjas did make me laugh, though.

FLAG - Episodes 1 & 2

I've been meaning to watch this for ages, a fascinating story told from a unique viewpoint plus it has that usual Takahashi sense of mystery.

Birth - A War of Two Worlds

A quirky and, at times, very odd OVA that is still incredibly entertaining at the same time.

Both of these are very different but both remind me why I like anime so much!!

Back