Your viewing journal

Rosencrantz said:
VoxPhantom said:
Shiki episode 14. Wow. The latter part of that episode was the most harrowing thing I've watched since the Satoko torture scene in Higurashi. Chilling stuff.

You kinda knew it was coming from earlier episode conversations but ye thats a hard scene/ep to watch.
I finished episodes 1-12 a couple of months back, so I think I must have forgotten the conversations that forshadowed the scene...

VoxPhantom said:
Rosencrantz said:
VoxPhantom said:
Shiki episode 14. Wow. The latter part of that episode was the most harrowing thing I've watched since the Satoko torture scene in Higurashi. Chilling stuff.

You kinda knew it was coming from earlier episode conversations but ye thats a hard scene/ep to watch.
I finished episodes 1-12 a couple of months back, so I think I must have forgotten the conversations that forshadowed the scene...

To be honest even though I knew it was coming the clinical and methodical nature was pretty shocking
and that he had duct tape at the ready should she begin to speak

On the watching front

11Eyes 8-13 - Picked up some speed but I think it left things a little late in some respects, things were too easy at the start despite the strange situation they found themselves in. At least the baddies had the guts to say they'd messed up when 4 of their number had been defeated in quick order.

Evangelion 2.22

It looks and sounds great on blu-ray and an excellent film but I wasn't quite as awe inspired on this second viewing as I was first time round and I didn't enjoy as much as watching 1.11 the other week.

Crusher Joe - The Movie

Now this I really enjoyed, I last saw it on a VHS fansub in 1997, a classic rip-roaring 80's sci-fi adventure, I going to have to watch it again soon me thinks!

Orgun said:
Crusher Joe - The Movie

Now this I really enjoyed, I last saw it on a VHS fansub in 1997, a classic rip-roaring 80's sci-fi adventure, I going to have to watch it again soon me thinks!

Another one for the gold dust thread, I think. I'd like to see Crusher Joe, but the dvd is insanely expensive now.

Rumbling Hearts 1-10 (vol.1&2)

I should have listened to the warnings a bit more... Depressing.

The series non-less is beautifully animated and is a perfect example of a series that uses music to enhance the viewing experiance, I don't wish to rewatch it for a while, but it might earn its place as one of my favorate anime's :(

Hope to finish it tomorow

Shadowcat said:

The series non-less is beautifully animated and is a perfect example of a series that uses music to enhance the viewing experiance, I don't wish to rewatch it for a while, but it might earn its place as one of my favorate anime's :(

watch romeo X juliet this will cheer you up, its my only favourite romance series. im not a romance fan but romeo X juliet is fantastic in my opinion

Shadowcat said:

I think I've only managed to watch it twice since owning it (and I bought the Revelation release - that's how long ago that was xD). It is a very good series, but yeah...can be painful to watch.

Psycho Pass - Episode 17

An interesting turn!!

Professor Irony said:
Orgun said:
Crusher Joe - The Movie

Another one for the gold dust thread, I think. I'd like to see Crusher Joe, but the dvd is insanely expensive now.

Like a lot of good anime that has dropped out of print, you end up regretting not buying something ages ago when it was in print and cheap.

Back