Your viewing journal

Demon King Daimao: Episodes 6 - 8.

Went on a long hiatus with this and decided to return.

Now I realise why I did. Ugh.

Episode 6 (the beach one) was completely shameless. Everything that could be a good idea is spoiled by either the ecchi aspect or falling back on old cliché. Such a good start to the series, and now a complete nosedive.

I still think Kena is acting goofy to hide her real skill, ala Vash.

Max Takeshi said:
It is seriously poor, but I've got to finish it (damn compulsion to watch everything to the end).

I seem to remember it getting some half decent reviews at the time, but considering it's a fan service heavy title it has never been picked up for the UK market, so perhaps that's a better guide to its quality than the reviews.

devilrules666 said:
Lol have you ever dropped a anime before the end ?

Oh, a few, most specifically Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan. Only saw the first episode, but that was extremely offensive - in the worst way possible.

There was also another which had a load of giant insects in it, can't remember the name, though.

EDIT: Mushi-Uta, that was it.

robot monkey said:
Max Takeshi said:
It is seriously poor, but I've got to finish it (damn compulsion to watch everything to the end).

I seem to remember it getting some half decent reviews at the time, but considering it's a fan service heavy title it has never been picked up for the UK market, so perhaps that's a better guide to its quality than the reviews.

It seemed to have a good premise but wasted any story potential. Was it fan service heavy? that seemed a little meh too. Overall quite the poor show.

Yes I am. I watched it when it was out in Japan, but decided to re buy it last year as I couldn't remember it all that well. I know the story isn't the best and it's pretty cheesy/cliche, but gosh....the art is so beautifully done!

Even after all this time.

Rosencrantz said:

I'll thirded it aswell. No matter how bad things are going, just a couple of episodes and I know that all is well in the world.
Ergo Proxy disc1. I won't pretend I know what's going at the moment as I must have blinked and missed a really important plot point.

Back