Your viewing journal

Shakugan no Shana S 1-4
I do wish they had used these OVAs to explore things we needed to know for season 3, such as Hyakki Yakou, Sale and Chiara, Snake of the Festival etc, but these were enjoyable. I found Overture to be very poignant.

I was watching with someone else today (well in my case Rewatching):
Samurai Champloo - Ep1
Mawaru Penguindrum - Ep1
Baka and Test - Ep1-6

A Certain Magical Index - Ep 3-6
Haganai - Ep1

Read vol 1 of Haganai so I thought I may as well watch the Anime. At least If I like and finish the first series I will have something to watch this season.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East ep 3 - I really like this, the style has been annoying me a while now not because I don't like it, I really love the art but its been bugging why its so familer. I know worked out that the manga is this is based off is by Miyuki Abe which I love one of her other works <3
Senyu eps 1 and part of 2 - XD even though there only 5mins long I just couldn't watch any more
Ixion Saga DT Ep 1 -not sure about this yet either will try another ep
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) Ep 1 - Liked the first ep will carry on
Space Brothers ep 1 - Aww I loved this defiantly going to watch more =3

Nisemonogatari - Complete - Finally got this out of the way entirely. Episode 8 proved to be far more intense and...interesting that any warning could prepare you for. It does warp your mind just a little bit. The Tsukihi Phoenix arc was a lot more interesting than the former anyways, and the last two episodes certainly brought out what makes the monogatari series something else. Yes this season was weaker than bakemono, but it's still by no means bad. The slow start-up didn't help matters much of course. Next up is Nekomonogatari(Kuro) in prep for the 2 cour series in summer.

Arbalest said:
Nisemonogatari - Complete - Finally got this out of the way entirely. Episode 8 proved to be far more intense and...interesting that any warning could prepare you for. It does warp your mind just a little bit. The Tsukihi Phoenix arc was a lot more interesting than the former anyways, and the last two episodes certainly brought out what makes the monogatari series something else. Yes this season was weaker than bakemono, but it's still by no means bad. The slow start-up didn't help matters much of course. Next up is Nekomonogatari(Kuro) in prep for the 2 cour series in summer.

Neko picks up the pace a lot better than Nise and is much more on par with Bake. I love all the series though, and seriously stoked for the new one.

Pokemon B&W Rival Destinies Ep.12

Well, I finally went and did it.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 1

Not the most spectacular of starts. The direction is underwhelming (most notably in some of the action scenes) and there are an awful lot of visible shortcuts in the animation. Not to say I didn't enjoy it though. I liked the little gag about Sylia and Nene catching the bus in their hardsuits and I will never get tired of that soundtrack.

Psycho Pass - Episode 14

A great episode that I really enjoyed!

Robotics;Notes - Episode 14

Professor Irony said:
Well, I finally went and did it.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 1

Not the most spectacular of starts.

I thought episodes 5 & 6 were by far the best in the series, but as I whole I think BGC is a bit of mixed bag with some really great parts and some really average parts, a good, rather than great, series IMHO!

Kotetsushin Jeeg 1-3 - Dat JAM project opening. It's fairly standard for the first three episodes. monster of the week, with style. Your main character with a name starting with K, and a decent premise. However i didn't realise how closely it tied into the original 1975 series. Part of me is tempted to go and find it after i finish this to get a proper picture of what's going on, even though it is fairly well described in the first couple episodes. Overall a pretty good start, and at only 13 episodes, i could probably finish it within a day or two.

Back