Your viewing journal

iv decided on something

IM on a budget now so iv decided to watch all the long series iv got but haven't seen yet and the long series thats continuing il start again from the beginning to the new dvd i brought with the newest episodes, but only a few episodes a day, ad while im watching these il be collecting more dvds over the months,

animefreak17 said:
iv decided on something

IM on a budget now so iv decided to watch all the long series iv got but haven't seen yet and the long series thats continuing il start again from the beginning to the new dvd i brought with the newest episodes, but only a few episodes a day, ad while im watching these il be collecting more dvds over the months,
Ever thought about possibly selling some of your anime AF? Might be a way to increase funds and downsize at the same time if you are low on space.
There's always one show which you keep around but know you'll never watch again.

Or just watch your entire backlog before you buy anything else.

GolGotha said:
Code Geass
Episodes 1 - 13

Wanna keep watching, but don't want to watch them too quickly as Season 2 isn't out until March! :(

Damn why did I think it was Feb :(

@animefreak17 - Rewatching long shows from the start a few at a time is an option, but what about the regular length stuff? Surely some of those merit a rewatch over a 3-7 day period? (I assume when you say long your refering to bleach/naruto style shows?)

Professor Irony said:
Well, I finally went and did it.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 1

Not the most spectacular of starts. The direction is underwhelming (most notably in some of the action scenes) and there are an awful lot of visible shortcuts in the animation. Not to say I didn't enjoy it though. I liked the little gag about Sylia and Nene catching the bus in their hardsuits and I will never get tired of that soundtrack.
I love Bubblegum Crisis,cant say i,m to fussed about any of spin offs though,yeah it is a little dated and its his and miss but there is just something really special about the whole OVA,yeah i,m clouded by nostalgia as it was one of the first anime i seen and was one of the gateway series that kinda pushed me deeper into the world of anime and i,ll put my hands up and admit i live in the past regarding anime,but it has a great cast of characters and even to this day a killer soundtrack and it is a fine example why 80,s and early 90,s anime is remembered so fondly.

@Rosencrantz

yes i do

@Mangaranga

sell....... my anime *hell no*

1 i want to create my very own anime dvd library so selling my anime is out of the question,
2 i have a few ideas in the making on *how to make room*-

as soon as my rooms done out im getting a bed with drawers * the only things in my way is-
my bunk bed
my drawers tower
im moving my heater and new bed under the window so the heater wont get in the way
and im putting my tv on the wall

and then im going to do what this guys did - http://youtu.be/RFWRd-2hhzk

and im going to create a few ceiling shelfs * all il need in a step ladder to reach them.

plus im going to be watching -

inuyasha
gundam wing, *seed dynasty - i know everyone told me it was crap and iv seen seed but im giving it a try* 00 season 1 and 2, with 4 gundam movies (im going to see if i can get the other series and movies of gundam )
soul eater
code geass
yu yu hakusho
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
bobobobobo

but before these iv got to get though
dark side blues
canaan
happy lesson
rocket girls

by the time i finish these * watching a few episodes a day from one series til i finish them* id say about 3-4 months would of gone by and while watching these my backlog will of piled up a great deal

hell il even rewatch a few shows like -
gurren lagann
death note * there ARE no more episodes afterLs death*
negima
ect ect ect it'll depend

like i said earlier about continuing anime * i wont do this unless iv got 2 or 3 more of the boxsets* e.g. iv got season 9 of bleach but waiting for season 10 and up, so if i wait til iv got season 10 - 12 boxsets then il start again from the beginning.

im very patient so there so rush.

also if i wait long enough the prices might go down a touch and then i can buy loads at a time instead of buying 1 or 2 a month boxsets at 30 - 50 pounds at a time,

its a great idea if your a collector and fan, you buy lthe cheapest first and haul them in and work your self up to the pricey ones, and while your waiting to get the money and wait for your dvds to arrive, hopefully the prices might of dropped a lil for the expensive ones

a true anime fan would never give up his collection and would improvise

iv got it all planned out

Last edited by a moderator:
Psycho Pass - Episode 14
Well, that was a pretty brutal episode.

Robotics;Notes - Episodes 13 & 14
Frau <3

Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo - Episode 15
Haganai - Episode 2

animefreak17 said:

and im going to create a few ceiling shelfs * all il need in a step ladder to reach them.

Entire walls as shelves is pretty damn impressive, though I can't help but feel ceiling shelves is a bad idea.

I don't know about everyone elses houses but my ceilings are board with some plaster/render & paint over the top. They are not designed to support any weight becuase they are attached to support beams which in turn have the floorboards for the floor above afixed to them.

You'd be better off making one wall of your sheleves double depth rather than risk having your shelf fall off the ceiling, not to mention why create a situation where you have to go up and down a step ladder?

Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:

Entire walls as shelves is pretty damn impressive, though I can't help but feel ceiling shelves is a bad idea.

I don't know about everyone elses houses but my ceilings are board with some plaster/render & paint over the top. They are not designed to support any weight becuase they are attached to support beams which in turn have the floorboards for the floor above afixed to them.

You'd be better off making one wall of your sheleves double depth rather than risk having your shelf fall off the ceiling, not to mention why create a situation where you have to go up and down a step ladder?

no no i have it all planned out out and what to do for extra safety, im going to use the ceiling method when i run out of opinions

also im going to use loads of L brackets to keep the shelfs from falling from top to bottom

It's my intention to go through the whole series, so I'll try and keep track of what changes from episode to episode.

Edit: come to think of it, maybe I should have asked if anyone fancied a simulwatch.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 2: Born to Kill

Funnily enough, this was one of the only two eps I've seen before, and it's a marked improvement on ep1. Better direction in the fights, animation shortcuts still in evidence, but nothing like as visible. The only part that really annoyed me for poor animation in ep1 was Priss's song in the opening, but even aside from that, the old 'panning across a still frame' trick didn't seem to be getting so much use in ep2. Also Mad Machine, which I think is my favourite track from the entire show.

Plot wise, I hear people say that Linna generally doesn't get much to do in the series, so it was interesting to see her take centre stage this time. Quite looking forward to ep 3 now.

Professor Irony said:
Bubblegum Crisis
I desperately want to have something to say about BGC since it's thrilling to hear of someone else experiencing it for the first time, but frankly trying to discuss something you love unconditionally in a critical context is pretty damn futile. I don't think I'm actually able to be critical of it because I think everything is so goddamn perfect.

Back