Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
SunlightHeart said:
just finished watching all of Clannad - After Story

and i have to say it's the most traumatising thing i've seen since Watership Down when i was a kid...

that bad................... il skip this series lol

Don't get me wrong, it's a really well written series and i'd rate it highly... but seriously, i'd just love to punch the person who made Clannad in the face so much right now...

Even I, who am renowned far and wide for having a stony heart of iron was emotionally destroyed at many a place...

It's an emotional rollercoaster where some bastard forgot to actually lay down tracks for half the damn ride...

SunlightHeart said:
animefreak17 said:
SunlightHeart said:
just finished watching all of Clannad - After Story

and i have to say it's the most traumatising thing i've seen since Watership Down when i was a kid...

that bad................... il skip this series lol

Don't get me wrong, it's a really well written series and i'd rate it highly... but seriously, i'd just love to punch the person who made Clannad in the face so much right now...

Even I, who am renowned far and wide for having a stony heart of iron was emotionally destroyed at many a place...

It's an emotional rollercoaster where some bastard forgot to actually lay down tracks for half the damn ride...

im sure it is a good series but tragedy, and traumatising isn't my cup of tea

SunlightHeart said:
Fair enough. Got to admit it was draining to watch.

To recover my equilibrium have started watching Heavens Lost Property again to cheer myself up.

put that in the which animes that cheer you up thread lol

to be honest i love comedies like squid girl, hetalia,raman fighter miki, trigun, desert punk, school rumble ect

VoxPhantom said:
vashdaman said:
Mysterious girlfriend X ep 1-3

Um, what? I don't even know what to say about this. A very, very weird show. I have absolutely no idea if a worthwhile story will begin to emerge from all the drool, but I'm not exactly banking on it, and to be honest all the drool is making me feel a bit ill. Not sure that I will continue with this.
The series has a great story, one of the best slow-burning romances I've seen in a long time. It'd be a shame to miss out on watching this just because of the drool factor, as the scenes don't usually take up more than 3 or 4 minutes of each episode.

Watched Humanity has Declined episode 8 today. I think Watashi forgot to do her summer homework! :lol:

Interesting, perhaps I shall keep going a little further.

In stark contrast to the nauseating Mystery Girlfriend X, I started watching the very classy Natsuyuki Rendezvous, I think the first 5 eps. It's pretty good. It started out excellent, and I was hoping it wouldn't descend into the kind of unfathomable emotional mess of oh so many romantically themed anime. Unfortunately, ep 4 and 5 started to veer into this territory.

I mean, can anyone please explain to me why Ryosuke started acting like such an utterly hopeless wreck in episode 4?He takes takes Rokka to the amusement park and seems to be troubled by the fact she isn't jumping with excitement. But she was more bloody lively than he was! He was acting like a dead fish. But then he goes from 0 to 10 and suddenly starts sticking her fingers in his mouth and randomly asks her to have sex with him, in a most baffling and undesirable manner, yet he actually has the cheek to be disappointed when she politely says no. Despite all this Rokka is insanely patient with him and still invites him back for tea. He however, decides the whole pursuit in worthless and gets drunk on a park bench. Twat. What more can you say.

The character of the ghost and his relationship with Rokka also comes across as a bit sketchy right now. Rokka was obviously head over heels for him, and it seems that in his ghost form he's also passionate about her. Yet in all the flashbacks of their marriage, he comes across as a bit detached and slightly uninterested in Rokka. I know he was meant to be ill, but still, at this stage I'm unsure of where all the passion they feel for each other after the guy's death, has come from.

It's still early days though, and this show has buckets of class. So I shall see how things progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
K-ON! The Movie - I could have put this in the "out of 10" thread, I guess, but obviously it is 10/10 amazing. ^^; I would have paid money for a few more minutes of the plane journey, but the "no Japanese" conversation on its own was worth it. Overall it's an hilarious two hour letter explaining how and why Yui is the best character.

Hyouka through e.17 - Pretty satisfying conclusion to this arc, I think, which has felt like the "heart" of the show really coming through. Much more character development for Mayaka and Satoshi, some suggestions of relationship development for Houtarou and Eru, some more on screen Aneki. I guess there's only one arc left, and I'm going to be plenty sad when this has finished.

Accel World through e.19 - So the next chapter in the LNs after Hime's adventures in Okinawa is the crossover with SAO... ^^; OK, I can't see that happening outside of maybe an OVA, but this show doesn't really need it as it's been pretty exciting all the way through. Also, the moe levels went into Unlimited Burst during Hime's school trip.

Horizon s.2 through e.6 - It really feels like the budget has been upped for this season, the action scenes have been consistently excellent (although Horizon does have plenty of exposition to help balance it out). Tenzou's side story has been fun, although I don't think they did a great job covering up who he was with. Futayo need to get another chance to dish out some ass-kicking, but above her so does Naomasa!

Sword Art Online through e.7 - I think this series has turned itself around from what was a slightly confusing pace over the first couple of episodes, and is making the method of its adaptation work for it rather than against it. Probably the show I am most hype for each week atm.

Lawrence said:
Ech, aside that I started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and Heaven's lost Property but the former is kinda... well, there's nothing really good or bad about it. It's kinda like if Star Driver was 100% less fabulous.
The trolling has reached new levels... how much of Utena have you seen?

Watched the next couple eps of Natsuyuki.

It was a tad drawn out, perhaps. But I thought how episode 7 ended was pretty good. Though, between his own behaviour and now the ghosts behaviour in his body, you have to wonder just how Rokka has fallen in love with this guy. Anyone would surely think he's a proper self entitled depressive?

Still, an enjoyable show. How many episodes are there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, you know, I like Star Driver more than I think I do, but it's not really a patch on Utena.

--

edit:

Hyouka e.18 - Probably an episode that people who don't know anything about character and atmosphere will dismiss as "too slow" or "pointless", but overall another episode that I came away from wanting to rewatch immediately.

The first ten minutes is pure fanservice, hearing Houtarou say anything close to "ki ni narimasu" is virtually as nosebleed-inducing as the curviest of gravure shots. Combined with everyone's reactions to him afterwards and his general attitude during the "am I misremembering" segment, it was too much. Massive contender for my favorite character of the season.

The rest of the episode could have been spent unraveling any non-specific "mystery", but the insight into Houtarou's thought processes and the continuing development of his relationship with Eru are a more than worthy result.

One Piece Ep.24-26

The fight between Zoro and Mihawk; such manly pride brings tears to my eyes. :cry:

Tari Tari Ep.8

Konatsu and Wakana cheering on Sawa in "love" was hilarious. Bit cheap of Wakana to use the "dead mum" card to win an argument.

saber rider and the star sheriffs

disc 5

tomorrow

this 80s anime isn't bad but i really want to watch something else, i like to finish something before starting something else,

Eureka Seven AO 16

I haven't got any idea what's going on at the moment but I felt the same way about the original series towards the climax so it's cool. The episode itself was still greatly entertaining and I continue to really root for Ao.

Back