Your viewing journal

Hmm, it looks like it would be just over £70 from AmiAmi, and they're pretty good at avoiding customs as long as you use SAL shipping, don't know if that changes things for you (they only charge when they ship the product, too).

(I also noticed these card sleeves that I'm tempted to put in my next order)

ilmaestro said:
Hmm, it looks like it would be just over £70 from AmiAmi, and they're pretty good at avoiding customs as long as you use SAL shipping, don't know if that changes things for you (they only charge when they ship the product, too).

(I also noticed these card sleeves that I'm tempted to put in my next order)
I saw those exact card sleeves and deeply considered whether my Pokémon card deck needs a new set of sleeves xD

Admittedly, I've never ordered from AmiAmi before.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous through e.6 - The emotional heart of this show is, perhaps slightly weirdly, Atsushi. It's pretty hard to have much of a character arc after you've died, but it's his emotions that come through most clearly, and he is the easiest character to sympathize with. This looks like it's going to be perfectly paced for a noitaminA show.

Joshiraku through e.6 - I'm not going to say that I laugh at every joke, but the core values of the humor here are absolutely rock solid. Marii is super cool, Kigu's hidden persona is awesome. I also like that they get out-and-about in different clothing for a bunch of the skits.

Tari Tari through e.6 - I was hesitant to watch this show, even after loving ep 1, for a bunch of reasons. It manages not to feel like it overlaps PA Works other stuff though, despite some similar themes to a couple of their shows (and the awesome cameo for Reflectia in that first ep), and has developed into a pretty compelling drama (although I'm more cheering on Sawa - and indeed Sawa/Taichi - than throwing myself all-in on Wakana's story). Safe to assume it's not going to get licensed, though, since no-one picked up Hanasaku?

20thCenturyBoy said:
One Piece Ep.36-37

I love the Arlong arc. You made Nami cry and now it's time to get your ass kicked!

* snickering* im sorry but every time i see your avetar i keep thinking of the YMCA song loool. but yeah i saw that episode arlong your ass is grass

Space Brothers ep21

Glad to finally get caught up with this series. While I thought Mutta's American Adventure (coming soon to a theatre near you) was a bit silly, the astronaut selection arc was very well done. Funnily enough, the similar selection arc in Planetes was my least favourite part of that series, but here I think the characterisation really shines through and it's certainly reaffirmed my initial high opinion of the show.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous e.7 - I'm not quite sure I fully understand everything that happened in this ep, watching it in two pieces didn't really help. I mean, does Rokka really think that Atsushi is controlling Hazuki's body? I'm assuming not, and she still thinks that Hazuki is playing around with things based on information he is getting from Miho, but if she's considering it as a legit possibility then it changes the makeup of the show's setting a little, and puts a slightly different slant on the scenes between Hazuki's "spirit" and mini-Rokka. Either way, I really can't wait to see how she confronts Atsushi/Hazuki next week.

Joshiraku e.7 - Goddam foreigners, hate those guys.

Tari Tari e.7&8 - Glad I had two episodes left, I wouldn't have been able to take the cliffhanger at the end of 7! Sawa-chan. ;_; As much as I understand Takakura-sensei's back story, I still can't forgive her attitude towards Konatsu and the choir club in general. There's a level of maturity that you should have as a teacher, and she doesn't show it. And then more greatness with Sawa's story throughout the rest of the ep. I had a chance to get into the horse racing industry (which I have loved for about the last twenty years) at a similar age to Sawa - albeit not as a jockey - and didn't take it, so I dearly hope she can make it to the school at least.

Horizon s.2 e.7 - Masazumiiiiiiii~ too much hype, both in her attire and her debate with Elizabeth. Horizon somehow manages to make the most overly complex shounen fighting series ever seem like much more than the sum of its parts, imo.

Sola ep1-6

This contemporary supernatural series was spoken of quite highly by some of the people in the local anime club, so I thought I'd give it a go. Its premise, about the relationship between a young photographer and a ghostly girl who can't be exposed to sunlight, is interesting enough, but the handling was just too formulaic for me.

It's a solid enough show with some nice touches, but I'll be dropping it for the meantime.

Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita through... ep... 6? I think? - Goddam this show, what is happening. I was unsure of SAO's adaptation running a different chronology to the LNs, but I straight up think they ballsed up with this show by running eps 5 & 6 out of order like this with no particularly obvious reason or setup.

I feel like I really need to go back and watch at least ep 1 again before rewatching 5 & 6. :-/

Apart from that the show has been thoroughly enjoyable. A little bit obvious at times in some of its parody and satire (although this has also sometimes served the purpose of emphasizing the more straight-up comedy elements of the show, which are not inconsiderable), but so comprehensive in its dedication to density of content that I can have nothing but praise for it.

The main character (whose name I briefly forgot that I hadn't forgotten, before remembering that she doesn't have one) is the highlight of the show for sure. Her appearance and mannerisms belie her cynicism, and leave her at once both admirable as well as adorable. The punchiness of her actions in episode 6 is maybe the best reason for having left this arc until now - it feels like we've seen her character growth in reverse, and she is certainly no weaker a character for it.

I hope people who like "proper" anime are watching this, and not dismissing it for superficial reasons.

Back