Your viewing journal

Kokoro Connect through e.7 - Josh's pushing of this show helped bump it to the top of my catch-up list for the season, and it was well worth it. Episode 5 was fine, but a bit obvious, episode 7 was far heavier imo, and next week looks like it could only get more intense.

Iori is the best character I think? Inaba annoys me slightly, which is probably unfair but undeniable. Since we're still in the second of eight volumes of the LN, I wonder if this is going to be two cour or a split season. edit: Hmm, apparently one cour for now with an extra arc of BD-only episodes. I guess they will wait for sales figures before they confirm adapting the other books.

ilmaestro said:
Kokoro Connect through e.7 - Josh's pushing of this show helped bump it to the top of my catch-up list for the season, and it was well worth it. Episode 5 was fine, but a bit obvious, episode 7 was far heavier imo, and next week looks like it could only get more intense.

Iori is the best character I think? Inaba annoys me slightly, which is probably unfair but undeniable. Since we're still in the second of eight volumes of the LN, I wonder if this is going to be two cour or a split season. edit: Hmm, apparently one cour for now with an extra arc of BD-only episodes. I guess they will wait for sales figures before they confirm adapting the other books.

Great to see more love for this show, but that comment I cannot let pass :evil:

Personally I love Inaba, far and away my favourite, in all capacities, and as I said before if something big is going to happen to anyone at the end it's going to be her. She's just got so much being built up. I can understand how others might not be so endeared by her personality though.

20thCenturyBoy said:
ilmaestro said:

Great to see more love for this show, but that comment I cannot let pass :evil:

Personally I love Inaba, far and away my favourite, in all capacities, and as I said before if something big is going to happen to anyone at the end it's going to be her. She's just got so much being built up. I can understand how others might not be so endeared by her personality though.
tbh it's mainly just that I don't like how easily Taichi let her get away with starting all the "selfish self sacrifice" stuff - even if it's true, the way she talks to him about it really annoys me somehow. Apart from that, she is mostly awesome, and a great fit for Sawashiro Miyuki.

ilmaestro said:
w00t! People pay attention to me!

Iori and Taichi are definitely my favourite characters at the moment. I can't say I don't like Inaba, but I definitely see her as the otaku-pandering character. It's obvious that this arc's finale will be about her though as there is the build up and the fact that the new ending theme focuses on her.

So I'm guessing the Hito Random, Kizu Random and Kako Random arcs will be aired on TV (well, we've already done the Hito Random arc), whereas the Michi Random arc will be DVD/BD only (as the Michi Random episodes are 14-17)? I do hope Crunchyroll can nab them, because otherwise I guess I'll have to wait until Sentai Filmworks release the series (which will be what, 2014/15? >>).

Yeah, CR have done that before with Durarara!! and SoRaNoWoTo that I can remember, hopefully there will be no problem here but I guess it depends exactly how they're dealt with in Japan.

If I remember correctly, Sound of the Sky had 2 OVAs and Crunchyroll only got one of them. Sentai have Kokoro Connect provisionally due out in 2013 though, luckily.

Considering that the Michi Random DVD/BDs aren't due out in Japan until February and March 2013, I doubt we'll have that long to wait for them.

EDIT:
Bloody hell and we bitch about anime prices...

I just realised the RRP for the first Kokoro Connect DVD, which has the first 2 episodes, is 4000yen.
My order of the first 4 Kokoro Connect light novels was 2400 yen, plus 1410 yen.

Joshawott said:
If I remember correctly, Sound of the Sky had 2 OVAs and Crunchyroll only got one of them.
Aha, you're not wrong. I was buying the BDs anyway, so I didn't particularly notice at the time. DRRR!! they got both, though.

I just realised the RRP for the first Kokoro Connect DVD, which has the first 2 episodes, is 4000yen.
That's actually pretty cheap! ^^;

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, I've noticed volumes 2, 4 and 5 are 6000yen before tax. So I guess judging from the episode count, they're charging 2000yen an episode?

I feel I'm no longer allowed to bitch about the price of anime over here.

Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah, I've noticed volumes 2, 4 and 5 are 6000yen before tax. So I guess judging from the episode count, they're charging 2000yen an episode?
Sounds plausible, they are the volumes with the new eps on I assume. A more "standard" price to me would be about ¥5000 for a two-ep DVD these days (I'm guessing, I stopped importing shows on DVD some time ago now), so I would guess they also just made v.1 a little cheaper to encourage some sales.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Sounds plausible, they are the volumes with the new eps on I assume. A more "standard" price to me would be about ¥5000 for a two-ep DVD these days (I'm guessing, I stopped importing shows on DVD some time ago now), so I would guess they also just made v.1 a little cheaper to encourage some sales.
On the official website[url], the listing of the DVD/BDs is split up by the arcs they're based on and both of the last two DVDs (episodes 14-15 and 16-17) are ¥4000. Comparing the episode counts and price, any of the DVDs with 2 episodes is ¥4000, whereas the releases with 3 episodes are ¥6000 (for BD prices, basically add another ¥2000 yen).

So...definitely sticking to the light novels until Sentai release it here xD

That's a pretty good discount for the DVD versions, then, maybe the prices stayed generally lower than I thought. I guess it won't be too long before more shows move to BD-only in Japan, after all.

I'm wondering if you've been tempted to save up for the PSP game, also. :p (not that importing JP games is cheap any more, either ;_; )

ilmaestro said:
That's a pretty good discount for the DVD versions, then, maybe the prices stayed generally lower than I thought. I guess it won't be too long before more shows move to BD-only in Japan, after all.

I'm wondering if you've been tempted to save up for the PSP game, also. :p (not that importing JP games is cheap any more, either ;_; )
I would like to import the PSP game...but it would cost me about £120 to get the Limited Edition...and that's before customs stings me. The regular price isn't that different either.

Back