Your viewing journal

K-ON!! (Season 2) Episodes 1-10

Erm...with the "Screw English" scene...they kept the language as English. Considering how they speak in English throughout the entire dub, it made no sense at all >>. Would it have killed them to change the script to make it a different language, like they do with currency? They could have replaced it with Spanish (like 4Kids) or Japanese (to create dramatic irony).

Also, it's odd how Sentai dub certain songs (As in, not the proper HTT songs, but when the characters sing on other occasions), but not all of them. Also I wasn't too keen on two uses of b****** in the later episodes on the disc...sure it was during Sawako performing at her friend's wedding but it felt jarring compared to the tone of the show.

I am glad that Sentai managed to get the dub cast back (considering they and Bandai both use Bang Zoom, it wasn't surprising), but those slight niggles do bug me (especially the last one, as I watch the show with my 8 year old brother). Also, the BD covers weren't printed properly - I end up with the spin overlapping on the front cover, or the front cover overlapping on the spine. So a bunch of minor things that bug me xD

(If you're wondering why I didn't watch 11-13 during this watching, it's because my step-dad has a hatred of K-ON! >>)

EDIT:
Episode 11-13.

Wait...did Yui call Mugi "Azu-chan" when they were both wearing their swimsuits in episode 11? >>. Also, in episode 12, at one point I swear Yui called Azusa "Azusa-meow" (which is what Azusa is called in the English manga instead of Azunyan). Sentai has the attention to detail in keeping with Bandai's dub keeping honorifics and translating yen prices to dollars...but then they fall flat with stuff like that.

Also, episode 13 was hard to follow :S

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
See if you can spot something from other series in the one your watching

Project A-Ko is good for that!

Space Brothers - Episode 6

The characterisation in this show is awesome.

Over the last few weeks I have watched...

Princess Tutu 1-18. I'm loving this series, its cute but kicks **** at the same time. I'm really enjoying the way it subverts fairytale.

Brother, Dear Brother 1 -7. I only meant to watch one out of curiosity and then I got sucked in and watched seven one after the other. I thought I would struggle with the style and tone of the show, but Im actually finding it a refreshing change from modern shows.

Every 5 minutes somebody either gets slapped or runsout of class crying

Corra said:
Brother, Dear Brother 1 -7. I only meant to watch one out of curiosity and then I got sucked in and watched seven one after the other. I thought I would struggle with the style and tone of the show, but Im actually finding it a refreshing change from modern shows.

Every 5 minutes somebody either gets slapped or runsout of class crying

Brother, Dear Brother (Oniisama e...) is one of my favourites. I wish there was other strong, pure shoujo animes out there with the same complexity of characters! I love the Dezaki style of the art and of course the extreme angst and hardship Nanako is put through each day - so that Miya-sama doesn't come down on her like a ton of bricks!

Corra said:
Princess Tutu 1-18. I'm loving this series, its cute but kicks **** at the same time. I'm really enjoying the way it subverts fairytale

Not seen Princess Tutu, but will probably give it a try one of these days!

Been watching Bent-to lately, sorta funny.

BF started watching Highschool DXD so i watched a few episodes with him. Its not that bad really, a bit confusing to me at first, i think he found one with sucky fansubs but i noticed a little bit of flirtation in the show & I'm a sucker for any anime with hints of romance so ..I'll continue watching, just to see if my pair end up together [Red Head & Main guy] ..and for the story and stuff ..obviously.

Space Brothers - Episodes 9 & 10

I think Mutta is a great character.

Tokyo Godfathers

Another masterpiece from the sadly missed Satoshi Kon, subtle, engaging and just brilliant!

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You Episodes 13 - 19*

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Episode 18

Dragonaut: The Resonance Episodes 25 & 26

* This doesn't include the recap episode 16 as it wasn't included in the box set (I think it is included as a bonus extra in the 3rd box set).

Mad Bull 34 It's so offensive, over the top and insane that you might call it a parody. I laughed at least once in every episode so yeah I was entertained.

Back