Your viewing journal

Genkina Hito said:
Finally caught up with Another.

Nice Boat

Decided to watch some PapaKiki, since all these morbid series I've been watching, off people dying in Another and Mirai Nikki, I decided to go with something more pleasant to watch though I'm a bit iffey with it to be honest

Super Heavy God Gravion Zwei - Episodes 11 & 12 (Final)

A good and complete ending to Gravion, a series that I have really enjoyed watching.

Plastic Little

A short but entertaining one shot OVA with lovely mid 90's animation that I would truly love to see on Blu-ray.

Otaku-san said:
Genkina Hito said:
Finally caught up with Another.

Nice Boat

Just when you thought it was safe to go out into the water...

Anyway I watched the latest episode of Kill Me Baby - still a fan!

I'm going to start watching Ghost Hound tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
In between my super Sengoku Basara marathon this weekend (I have magnificent friends...) I slipped in a couple of other things.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1-4

It's going to be ages until I get the rest, why did I watch this so soon? Both of the people I was watching with demanded more at the end, too and were heartbroken I only had the first set. It's not my absolutely highest tier of show, but it's close - about the same level as Bakemonogatari - so I'm glad it's had such a great release. Well worth the money spent.

Nisemonogatari 9

This is still ace too, I feel as though it really hit its stride a few episodes ago and is now consistently fantastic. Still need to decide about importing, hmm.

R

Episodes 1-4 of Big O

Nothing particularly enthralling, but it's good at what it does, the battles are pacy, the music is noir-esque and the designs have a pleasing 50's-era sci-fi vibe to them. It's unlikely that I'll be picking this up but I'll continue renting it.

Episodes 18-21 of Bakuman 2

Ah, things are finally getting good again (well, better, it's always been good, but recently it's been "just" good, instead of great). Man, Iwase is a conceited bitch... her motivations are so self-centered and arrogant, but if nothing else it's spurred Ashirogi Muto on. Episode 20 really kicked things into shape again and I'm looking forward to seeing how this series will end (though I wonder how much longer the series will last...)

Yesterday I actually got through all of The Tatami Galaxy. I don't usually go through all of a series unless it is an OVA, but then again what else is there to do on a Sunday.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Episodes 1-4 of Big O

Nothing particularly enthralling, but it's good at what it does, the battles are pacy, the music is noir-esque and the designs have a pleasing 50's-era sci-fi vibe to them. It's unlikely that I'll be picking this up but I'll continue renting it.

I was actually planning on watching The Big O today, so I'll probably have to report back on what I thought of it.

Watched Katanagatari 1-6 over the weekend.

I don't usually like shounen type shows, but since this one seems a little self aware (and more like it's almost parodying other shounens) I'm quite enjoying it. The art style really helps too, though the ninja guys look WEIRD. Gutted I probably can't afford volume 2 until next month.

Haganai - Episodes 1-7

Characters are solid, with the leads in the series (and maybe Kobato) being the more memorable of the bunch! It also has it's moments of humour at times too. One for the "Otaku" crowd really it's not for peoples who has to have their series really serious at all times, just a bunch of silly fun to kill some time with! ;)

Having watched the first four episodes of The Big O, I thought it was OK. I liked the sort of geometric artistic style and there was the odd laugh in it. Probably watch episodes 5-8 tomorrow.

I'll also probably be watching Lagrange Episode 9 if AOD post it up this evening.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 21

An OK episode but it was still too cliched for my liking.

Rinne no Lagrange - Episode 9

That episode was laugh out loud funny, Lagrange has certainly found its groove!

Fight! Iczer One - Episode 1

Classic 80's sci-fi.

Back