Your viewing journal

The great thing about FLCL is that while watching it for the first time you simply spend the whole time being "wtf?" and "meh?", it seems only total uncontrolled chaos. When it ends you notice that all the details were there for a good reason and were well balanced. Every little thing is well thought to make sense (in a sick and weird way).

Teo

I see, well for all its confusing parts, it's definitely enjoyable. Looking forward to episode 3 tomorrow.

Just watched episode 1 of Fairy Tail. Looks like a fun series and was nice to hear Aya Hirano in something other than Haruhi/Lucky Star.

Fight! Iczer One - Episodes 2 & 3 (Final)

A cracking OVA with a brilliant final episode, I'm a big fan of Toshihiro Hirano's work and this is some of his best.

Interestingly on the DVD is a behind the scenes featurette presented by a SD version of Nagisa with SD Iczer mecha, but the best part is an interview with the key staff including a very young looking Masami Obari (one of my favourite directors).

I'm watching Daphne and it's a ok series but there are two people in it that really pisses me off

The first is rena

She's a cold uncaring bitch that cares only for her self and getting it on with any guy and will use anyone to get what she wants

Shizuka is greedy more glotton then greedy

But the others are ok

Yu I like
Miya a lil bit of a air head but cute
And the blonde (I forget her name is funny

Romeo x Juliet 1-9

It's never a good sign when it takes me two weeks to watch nine episodes of a series I own. Romeo x Juliet is another Gonzo adaptation of a classic work, but it's no Gankutsuou. It's not even a Samurai 7. I'm finding it difficult to put my finger on why I've found Romeo x Juliet to be intolerably bland; perhaps it's because the characters seem so flat, and the are visuals similarly flat, that I can't bring myself to care about anything that happens to the most boring anime couple since Keiichi and Belldandy.

What I've read about the tree business that occurs later was enough to convince me that I'd be better off cutting my losses before things turned from dull to stupid.

Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven - Episodes 1 & 2

I've been wanting to watch this for ages and it gets off to a very good start, plus I got to say it's another georgeous looking TV mecha show from BONES!

Let's See Recently this week!

Love Hina: Episodes 17-24, Episode 25: Motoko's Choice, Christmas Special and Spring Special

I actually Enjoyed the three specials a bit more than the actual 24 Episode series itself, EP 25 which was an unaired EP had some awesome Motoko-Service which always goes down well with me, and the Christmas and Spring Specials were good too with the Christmas one probably my favourite of all the Love Hina Anime.

Haganai: Episodes 8-10

Hunter x Hunter: Episode 21

The Hunter Exams are over now. Anyway Heaven's Arena coming soon, but first of all a trip to Kukuroo Mountain is in order!

EDIT: Lol 666

Genkina Hito said:
Berserk eps. 1- 4

I can't believe I've ignored this for so long! It's gripping so far and I can feel momentum building!

I think I always inored it because I was told it didn't finish. I'm still heartbroken from Nana and Twelve Kingdoms (not to mention all really rushjob crappy endings in anime out there).

Almost finished Spice & Wolf 2.

FourthLion said:
Genkina Hito said:
Berserk eps. 1- 4

I can't believe I've ignored this for so long! It's gripping so far and I can feel momentum building!

I think I always inored it because I was told it didn't finish. I'm still heartbroken from Nana and Twelve Kingdoms (not to mention all really rushjob crappy endings in anime out there).

Almost finished Spice & Wolf 2.

I pretty much ignored the series because I watched the first episode and was unimpressed. I got past that one and started getting gripped by the story and character development. Unfortunately there's no ending but at least I know that ahead of time.

Anyway, more Berserk today.

Back