Your viewing journal

detroit metal city 7-12

real real good! Despite the episodes being really short, i dont remeber the last show i saw so fast. A masterpierce regarding my tastes. :lol:

eden of east 3-4

i've seen so much talking about this show but until now nothing really oustanding.

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
While it's possibly a symptom of my aversion to the frustrating drip-feed that is weekly-airing anime, I'm finding it annoyingly slow.
You just need to watch enough weekly shows that by the time you're finished, you're ready to start again. :p
Not as much of a joke as you thought it was. With me it's not even weekly shows that would apply to: I took so long to watch Redline and Spice and Wolf II that I got kinda lost and may need to start over :p

Rui said:
Tatami Galaxy 1-6

An extremely enjoyable show, and aside from some weird echoing audio on the OP of episode 6 (perhaps it was just me..? I think one episode of House of Five Leaves had this too for one ED) it's pretty much reference quality for how a UK release should be in every way. I'll finish it off later in the week and then lament the fact that Beez seem to have disappeared just after bringing this delightful show over here. I love the retro feel to the visuals and the experimental presentation, it's simply a joy to watch.
I watched episode 6 last night and had the same thing with the OP audio. It worried me because I thought it might bleed over into the episode itself, but thankfully it didn't. There was also about ten minutes of distracting motion judder (mostly apparent during pans) in the first half of episode 4 or 5. I don't know if it's an issue with the DVD or the source material.

The show itself is visually striking, but abstract to an extent that I feel somewhat alienated from the characters and plot. I don't even recall the main character's name (is it even revealed?), and can't say I care about him and the Groundhog Day-esque scenario in which he's forced to repeat the same two misspent years at University and lament the same missed opportunities forever and ever and ever (or at least until the end of the show). The only thing about the show I do like is the subtle dialogue-based comedy, which makes a change from the usual loud, obnoxious brand favoured my most anime.

Tatami Galaxy discussion continues!

fabricatedlunatic said:
The show itself is visually striking, but abstract to an extent that I feel somewhat alienated from the characters and plot. I don't even recall the main character's name (is it even revealed?), and can't say I care about him and the Groundhog Day-esque scenario in which he's forced to repeat the same two misspent years at University and lament the same missed opportunities forever and ever and ever (or at least until the end of the show). The only thing about the show I do like is the subtle dialogue-based comedy, which makes a change from the usual loud, obnoxious brand favoured my most anime.

The narrator is just called "Watashi" in the credits, IIRC. I don't remember his name being given or any particular background about him either, other than the small insights his situations bring about. My husband watched one episode and then walked off, declaring it all 'too surreal', so your point about it being overly abstract seems fair even if I'm loving it myself. Let's see how it turns out in the end.

I worry that I'm starting to like Ozu.

Interesting about the juddering, I didn't pick up on this on my setup but I'll check again once I finish this disc as I may just have been forgiving.

R

today disc 1 of GENSHIKEN

tomorrow disc 2 and 3 of GENSHIKEN

day after discs 4 and 5 of GENSHIKEN

day after that disc 6 and 7 of GENSHIKEN

depends on the timing of the series

iv seen the 1st disc and i like it, i feel GENSHIKEN is like a introduction to people who no nothing of anime, i thought i was otaku but in this series i now know what a true otaku is

Giant Robo - Episodes 6 & 7 [Final]

A truly amazing series, story, pacing, characters and animation are all incredible, a definitive classic!

R.O.D The TV ep 1 to 4... Found it in the attic, never opened lol... Was ok, bit slow defiantly didn't expect the paper shields/weapons.

After watching the first Ep of Ergo Proxy the other day I felt slightly unmotivated to watch despite it looking quite cool, so I'll likely try that again soon.

Watched Baka to Test 7, currently watching it through with my youngest brother.
Also watched episode 1-3 of C3. It's been been on my to watch list and after seeing it recommended in the best of 2011, along with Dantalion de Shoka which I also intend to watch soon, I decided to give it a run instead of Ergo.
Spent half the first episode loling over some of the similarities to Portal (don't tell me no one else thought Companion Cube when they first saw the cube)

Still, now I need to see if Glados appears.

Love Hina Again

Yay, I got to see Moé. I will say this though - Kanako is creepy as hell...even if they aren't related by blood...urgh.

Back