Your viewing journal

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Started watching Planetes. It's pretty good, I like that it's basically a slice of lice drama just set in space. That girl is really annoying though...especially at the end of the will episode. Preachy much?

Ai grows on you by the end of the series, she remains a little idealistic but calms down some over time :) (the series chronologically covers about 2 years or so of thier lives IIRC)

Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL- 15
R.I.P. Samuel Demantius and Centerhill.

They didn't really do much, but I couldn't help but 'feel' the power they were said to have and especially in Demantius' case, I couldn't help but be fond of him. I also felt that Centerhill's death was handled pretty poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:
maestro said:
Excellent, Robin was one of the first shows I watched all the way through and it does hold some fond memories for me.

alexrose said:
Glad you're enjoying it, I found the early half of the series somewhat tedious but it does get a lot better, at least IMO. A lot more focus on the overarcing plot in the later episodes.

Up to episode 14 now, and it's getting really awesome now :D
Also my budgie really loves the OP. She just goes crazy over it, by chirping really loudly and dancing.

Shakugan no Shana III Episode 15
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes season 2 episode 2
Inu X Boku SS episode 2.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Also my budgie really loves the OP. She just goes crazy over it, by chirping really loudly and dancing.

I love the sound of your budgie, can we have her rate each of the series you watch as well?

R

Rui said:
Rena Ryuugu said:

I love the sound of your budgie, can we have her rate each of the series you watch as well?

R

Of course I can get her to that :)

Area no Kishi episode 3.

Really getting into this. After episode 1, I thought 'oh this seems like it will be good, i'll watch more' then after episode 2 I was all 'NEED MORE NOW!!' because of the way that episode ended and after episode 3 it's going in a really interesting direction!

Ian Wolf said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
it's basically a slice of lice drama just set in space.

A slice of lice drama? Is it a show about disecting creepy crawlies?

Sorry I meant slice of rice. It's all about the grain of existence :p

alexrose1uk said:
Ai grows on you by the end of the series, she remains a little idealistic but calms down some over time :) (the series chronologically covers about 2 years or so of thier lives IIRC)

Mmm, I figured when she became a little less "green" she'd be less of a moron. I'm also watching the dub because 90% of the characters have better voices in it IMO, but hers is worse... which makes her doubly annoying. The first episode she was obnoxious but I was willing to forgive it because it was her first day, but when she was saying that she was ignoring the dead person's family's wishes because of her own stupid belief in a miracle that really got my back up.

animefreak17 said:
i know which character your talking about, she acts like a anime character more then the others characters

Yeah I know what you mean, she's like a charicature of all "idealistic anime protagonist" tropes.

@Sparrowsabre7 but you have to agree that planetes is a well thought out series, like how things are in space, the air you breath in, the gravity, it feels like thats what to expect from outer space, it feels real in a way you know

Surprisingly for me I've already got around to watching the first seven episodes of "Robotech: The New Generation", so I'll probably watch episodes 8-13 tonight.

animefreak17 said:
@Sparrowsabre7 but you have to agree that planetes is a well thought out series, like how things are in space, the air you breath in, the gravity, it feels like thats what to expect from outer space, it feels real in a way you know

Mmm, there's definitely a lot of thought put into it.

Yep, and you'll see more of it as the series progresses. Impressively no side character is forgotten and theres some form of closure or ending for virtually all of them IIRC.

I do agree that Planetes is a very well thought out and very enjoyable slice of life anime and an impressively realistic one at that IMHO.

ilmaestro said:
Arbalest said:
Gundam Age

Absolutely agree. And I agree with you about Episode 14, completely. I thought the series was surprisingly strong at first and tailed off a bit, but has come right up to its best in the last couple of episodes.

Defintely strong echos of First Gundam in this arc and I agree with the way the series has gone, but I'm still struggling to see AGE as anything other than 'good' so far.

Rinne no Lagrange - Episodes 1 & 2

This is very, very generic, I can understand way it has received such a lukewarm reception in Japan, but I do tend to enjoy shows like this (Sky Girls was a cracker) so I'll wait to see how it develops before condemning to the scrap heap.

Orgun said:
ilmaestro said:
Arbalest said:
Gundam Age

Absolutely agree. And I agree with you about Episode 14, completely. I thought the series was surprisingly strong at first and tailed off a bit, but has come right up to its best in the last couple of episodes.

Defintely strong echos of First Gundam in this arc and I agree with the way the series has gone, but I'm still struggling to see AGE as anything other than 'good' so far.

Yeah, it's still probably not much better than "good", but i think if it had gotten off to a stronger start, it'd be easier to judge it as such. I believe we're moving into the second arc soon enough, an episode or two away i think. So what i'll be interested to see, will be if they try to keep the original gundam feel to it, or maybe try and get a bit more of a zeta vibe somewhere along the line. There is still a lot of potential to be had with it, specially considering how much we have left to go, and i want to see that potential properly tapped into.

I am actually looking forward to when Level 5 get around to making an RPG of Gundam AGE.

--

Amagami SS+ e.2 - More than satisfactory.

Brave 10 e.2 - I hope someone at some company is watching this, because it would surely sell by the bucketload in the West (just change the title to "Samurai vs Ninja" or something). Best action show I've seen in a while.

Ano Natsu e.2 - Shipping Kanna/̶i̶l̶m̶a̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶ Kaito pretty hard, even though I can't see it happening. Show is a bundle of fun.

Back