Your viewing journal

Touch episode 23:

This was bloody superb! For no reason whatsoever, this episode's baseball with Meisei agains Saijo just rivalled some of the greatest games I'd seen in Major and Cross Game. Damn!

I also find it intriguing how the big deep-voiced guy (Tacchan's friend) said
that he believes Tacchan could have hit Terashima's balls. The show has made it clear that Tacchan is and always has been 'better' at anything Kazuya can do, but hides it under a thick facade of laziness for his brother's sake. What I'm waiting for is the show to tell us why this is so. Why is Tacchan so considerate as to give up the girl he loves for his brother even though the girl has made it clear she prefers him. Oh I do hope we get answers before the filler kicks in badly!

Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
memorium said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
animefreak17 said:
first two discs of bamboo blade, really enjoyable
I watched the first few episodes of the second set last night. To celebrate this remarkable coincidence I think it's time for SD Kirino :3
SD Kirino is amazing, you good sir, win!
whats SD Kirino? full name of anime please
Bamboo Blade, what they were talking about.
I think you missed the key slice of the humor pie, here - "they" included af17 in the first place. :lol:

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
memorium said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
animefreak17 said:
first two discs of bamboo blade, really enjoyable
I watched the first few episodes of the second set last night. To celebrate this remarkable coincidence I think it's time for SD Kirino :3
SD Kirino is amazing, you good sir, win!
whats SD Kirino? full name of anime please
Bamboo Blade, what they were talking about.
I think you missed the key slice of the humor pie, here - "they" included af17 in the first place. :lol:
my sense of humor is slow and sometimes i need people to explain the jokes ...........

af......................... reminds youof something guys its that prank when we thouht there was going to be a dragonball af i only just reliesed that lol

Steins;Gate ep 8 - possibly the best fan service ep of all time. :lol: But in all seriousness, felt very much like Okarin does at the end of the ep. Something definitely happened, but I don't even think this episode was supposed to tell us anything, at least not yet.

ilmaestro said:
Orgun said:
You're Under Arrest - The Movie

An enjoyable and worthwhile addition to this brilliant franchise!
The full frame animation... oh my days the gorgeous animation...

I so wholeheartedly agree with you.

Vampire Princess Miyu (OVA) - Episodes 1 - 4 (Final)

Last watched this nearly 19 years ago on a VHS fansub, loved it then and love it now, still my favourite vampire anime alongside VHD.

Tiger & Bunny eps 6 & 7 - Aha, some "real" plot to be getting on with! Lunatic seems like a pretty cool guy (although I think I may have worked out who he is in real life already >_>), good to have an actual antagonist for the show. More tsundeRose in ep 7 was also fun.

ilmaestro said:
Lunatic seems like a pretty cool guy (although I think I may have worked out who he is in real life already >_>)
I'm a swell guy but... have you been stalking me?

Got Eva 2.22 yesterday so just rewatched the first movie. God dayum, that final battle is EPIC and still nail-baiting even though I know exactly how it plays out. And Misato is still awesome <3

I've been watching a lot of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (otherwise known as Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Fullmetal Alchemist, which I find amusing). Don't know where I'm up to and can't remember where I started, but I've watched a lot.

Now, I was sceptical of this. I'm not a fan of retelling the same story in the same format, except if the original was truly dire. I have never read the manga, so when I heard the major differences between it and the original TV series, I was even less convinced. The twists and shocks in the original TV series were special moments; for them not to be there seemed like Brotherhood could never live up to it any way except in terms of animation budget.

I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. This is brilliant. Brotherhood has lived up to and even surpassed the original series. The complex character relationships and Machiavellian power games now playing out put this head and shoulders above the first adaptation. Hohenheim's back-story and the way it plays out at exactly the right time and pace is particularly well done. I've had more "oh fu..." moments watching Brotherhood than I had watching the original, and that's saying something. It manages to elicit the same genuine emotional responses (both shock at plot twists and empathy for the characters) that made the original so special, but the supporting characters somehow seem more alive, developed and vital in just a few extra episodes. Also, how awesome is Olivier? The whole Briggs arc was fantastic. It had a really bleak claustrophobic feel (taking place mainly in the fortress, tunnels and mines or out in the snow) as the fear and urgency really starts to descend on the main characters. I honestly can't wait to watch more. Why am I? Where's the disc..?

edited for typo

eva 2.22
In future could UK companies only get the audio track off FUNi then do the rest with the Japanese materials.

******* Japanese title/credit replacement.
Full English staff credits for doing that title screen replacement, but non of the Japanese staff except directors and actors listed.

One Piece Episodes 183 & 184

Chobits Episodes 22 - 24 & Episodes 8.5, 16.5, 24.5 & the OVA (Sumomo and Kotoko Deliver) which are all listed in the extras on the last disc

Maze OVA Episodes 1 & 2

Maze TV Episode 1 (included with the OVA)

Astarotte's Toy episode 11 - After feeling disappointed last episode, this one really did well to show actual emotional stuff, especially showing Asuha feelings.

While the drama may of felt a bit forced & rushed in these final moments, Astarotte's Toy is at least heading in the right direction, while so many of its genre would of fallen into mediocrity, lets hope the ending hit's home.

Ano hana episode 10 - Such a wonderful episode in both comedic and dramatic terms, Anohana really pulled us in and made us wonder what will happen to Menma. Sadly I do have a gripe with the series and that is that a certain character of the group is weird as hell and makes me feel uncomfortable ever time his on screen (even if his meant to).

Ano hana still has me guessing to the very end, it may have not been my favourite of the season but it certainly has given me one hell of a ride, just one last stop to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaiji S2 ep 5 - This episode was MAX.

Steins;Gate ep 10 - Can't help but love Fwououin Kyouma and his wildly assorted range of affectations. THAT SAID, in the space of this one episode I went from incredible excitement at where the story was going to wondering if it was going anywhere at all, and I can't really put my finger on why.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes episodes 1-3:

I've seen this show twice already, but the third time only proves it: it is just too good. A show this good should not exist. But it does. And I am watching it. It is blowing my mind. And things haven't even properly got started yet.

Back