Your viewing journal

Astarotte's Toy episode 9-10 - Again i'm feeling disappointed in these latest episodes, fan-service is starting to overweight the family feel that I have liked so much from this series, don't get me wrong that is still there (Asuha helping Lotte with her festival performance & the end of episode 9 is heartwarming) but I just don't want it to fall into the trap of breaking the enjoyment I had with it so far.

If an episode 8 came up these last two episodes then my concerns will be cleared.

Aria The Scarlet Ammo episode 9 -
Director - So next I want to make this awesome action scene.
J.C Staff - Look man, this action concept isn't working now, why don't we get the main character's harem and force them into sexual situations where they want to make love with him but he keep's avoiding it.

Aria The Scarlet Ammo in a nutshell.

Hanasaku Ihora episode 11 & recap - Still looks beautiful even in a city environment & Ohana is still such a energenic honest person who you have to admire sometimes, the only gripe I have with it so far is the romance development because it's all over the place at this point, Ohara x Ko is obvious but it seems to dislike that when more characters are introduced at love interests, it can be annoying.

Apart from that great humor, well placed drama and interesting characters with development is a great way to almost finish the 1st half of the series.

Denpa episode 9 - Holy crap, it's the Impossible Astronaut from Dr.Who, FUUUUUUUU-

Serious Reevo: I still enjoying the hell out of this, the female cast are so random at times and there dialogue can be so entertaining.

Introducing a new character at this point can be a bit risky but i'm sure that it can be turned into an advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently watching Outlaw Star, so far it's good, the English dub don't make me want to take my nuts to a cheese grater so that's a good sign

Reevothemusefan said:
Denpa episode 9 - Introducing a new character at this point can be a bit risky but i'm sure that it can be turned into an advantage.
Don't forget, there will likely be a second season somewhere down the line.

Watching Slayers, something about this show reminds me of 8-bit Theater, the overkill spells and the fact that Lina and Gourry both have personalities almost identical to the Black Mage and Fighter respectively

Edit: Zelgadis' English voice isn't that great, but the rest of the dub is OK

I'm trying to watch Summer Wars but it's boring the living **** out of me and I fear I may never finish it. It's taken me four sittings to get to the 90-minute mark :-|

NIce animation though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm trying to watch Summer Wars but it's boring the living **** out of me and I fear I may never finish it. It's taken me four sittings to get to the 90-minute mark :-|

NIce animation though.

The whole film hooked me from the outset so that doesn't bode well :eek:

I just finished Pandora Hearts; surprised by how enjoyable it was after a bewildering start. I originally only bought it for the seiyuu cast and pretty box art, and the NIS discs are a bit duff, but it turned out to be an unexpectedly pleasant ride.

I really want to watch some of my Nozomi order next, however if I don't watch some of the Sentai stuff from my backlog I'll never place my latest TRSI sale order in time (possibly on the fence about some part 2s) :/

R

Lucky Star ep 1 - Wow, I must have been in a particularly bad mood the first time I saw this show, it had always puzzled me why I didn't get on with it, and now I am only more confused. Konata is just so... and Tsukasa is even more... yeah. OP is typically stylish, too, and to be fair to Beez I think the sound samples on the menus are a wonderful choice. I don't think I will ever watch a DVD again though without thinking "this looks like ****", which is a shame. Must resist shelling out for the JP BD boxset if I continue to enjoy it. ^^;

fabricatedlunatic said:

NIce animation though.
If one of those sittings prompted this comment I would advise watching it at more sensible, appropriate times of day. :p

Nah, it was last night. Although perhaps I should avoid watching it as darkness falls, because my eyelids invariably follow.

I don't really understand why I'm so underwhelmed by it, and the stop-start nature of my viewing doesn't help me analyse the possible reasons. It could be because Natsuki doesn't actually do anything, and I get nothing of her personality from the lacklustre performance of her Japanese voice actress (should have watched this one dubbed).

It could be because the theme of family bonds doesn't resonate with me too much, and seeing as I couldn't give a toss about social networking the whole Oz subplot falls a bit flat for me as well. In general I find it all quite mehctacular.

I agree with you on the statement about Natsuki, considering that she's right at the front of the boxart you'd expect her to have a big role in the movie, but she doesn't, everything else was fine in my opinion

Needless part 1. I think this is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. It seems to have been scripted by a 12 year old, but that's ok because it's just an excuse for Takehito Koyasu to run around with explosions and stuff. Guess I'll pick up part 2.

R

Back