Your viewing journal

Just started a rewatch of Hyper Police. Yikes, I forgot I even had this one floating around. Nothing overly intelligent of course, but pretty good fun all the same.

Showamonogatari ep 6 - I don't know really what to say about this show on an ep-to-ep basis, outside of summarizing what happened. It's just... er... really nice? Insert a better word than "nice" for me when you're reading this.

STEINS;GATE ep 4 - Yeah, this is too good for me to hang around for AoD when I know there are other eps out there. I can't afford to import another show this season, but oh my days this one is going to tempt me if it keeps going like this.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom 1-13

Eh. Ehhhhhh. I really want to like this show, and occasionally I do, but most of the time it's so dry that it simply fails to excite me. The introduction of the loli (
whose appearance changes dramatically later in the show, even though only two years have passed WTFBBQ
) made my eyes roll like a couple of tennis balls on a slope. The low point, however, was probably the laughable histrionics of a few characters in the pivotal episode 10; one of the few moments where characters showed some emotion and it just had to be over the top. Sometimes anime tries to do something serious and edgy and it completely falls flat, and Phantom is a prime example of that.

Probably won't bother with the second half.

Back