Your viewing journal

Takarajima(Treasure Island)episodes 21-26(complete)One of my all time fave shows from Osamu Dezaki,a exellent adaption of the classic Robert Louis Stevenson novels,Dezaki sans directing style really gives the whole show its own unique feel and depth,charming yet also dark in places and just like the original story its the ultimate boys adventure,highly recommended for both fans of Osamu Dezaki and the original novels you cant really go wrong,anime at its finest from the late great Osamu Dezaki.9/10

I watched some anime, woo!

Unfortunately that anime was the first three episodes of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. You can tell Koichi Mashimo is behind it because the direction is so static and lifeless and the characters are all cooly detached, like they are in almost everything he's touched in the last 10-15 years (at this point the wonderful Captain Tylor seems a world away). It's hard for me to invest anything in them or the plot, but I remain hopeful that something interesting will happen at some point...

Denpa Onna ep 6 - Ham-don. That's all I have to say.

AnoHana ep 6 - If i̶l̶m̶a̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶/̶A̶n̶a̶r̶u̶ Jintan/Anaru isn't my most shippable ship in a long time, I don't know what is.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Unfortunately that anime was the first three episodes of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.
D:

OK, that has slipped a little further down my "to watch" pile.

Just begun Deadman Wonderland after a couple of weeks of nagging by a friend. It's pretty outstanding thus far (3 eps) and although I have a couple of niggles each ep, I am slowly beginning to come around to Cute Girl In White and can forgive them because it has great atmosphere and is using manglobe's large budget well. It feels like The Hunger Games in places, which is just fantastic for me. Thankfully it's only 12 episodes too, I don't think it could sustain itself for very long.

Hate the title though.

ilmaestro said:
OK, that has slipped a little further down my "to watch" pile.
It's not a bad show, just average. And you undoubtedly have a much higher tolerance for mediocrity than I do :p

Seeing as you mention Noir, if you like that then you'll almost certainly like Phantom. Mashimo's clinical, sanitised action sequences will send you into an orgasmic frenzy!

ilmaestro said:
Are you enjoying Noir, animefreak?
im on the last disc of noir for sure tonight i thought there was only 3 episodes on the last two discs but there was 4 on disc 6 and theres 3 on disc 7
im going to watch the last two discs of dragon ball season 3 later
so far noirs a good series and as soon as i finish noir im going to watch madlax tomorrow

Back