Your viewing journal

Mazinkaiser Episode 7

Shuten Doji Episode 3 & 4 (Episode 3 is a rewatch as the disc skipped at the start of episode 4 so I switched to a different player - no problems second time around).

Needless Episode 21

Enma-kun ep 2 - Backstory and random high-jinks, I still like the styling of this show but it's not exactly thrilling me.

Tiger & Bunny ep 4 - Karina-chwaaaan. :~ Show is getting more and more fun as it goes along, but I still can't quite see why it's as popular as it is.

GOSICK ep 18 - I've basically caught up with this show over the last week or two, and have started to enjoy it a lot more now that they have moved into the meat of the story. Victorique remains awesome, obv.

Hyougemono ep 2 - probably a tough show to follow if you're not already familiar with the history, but the OTT nature of the storytelling and the truly epic faces are entertainment whichever way you slice it.

Softenni ep 2 - predictable lulzy foreigner, show needs to be dropped on account of being utter tat. Will give it like an ep or so to see if it develops the tennis side of things more.

Professor Irony said:
What did you think of Cutey Honey, if you don't mind my asking?
loved every minute of it so far,being a big Go Nagai fan i,m really glad i can now finally see the original cutie honey series,its such a unique and surreal show even for its age,just totally offbeat and wacky,sometimes you really do wonder what goes through Go Nagis,s head lol,but there is a method to his madness and it works,cant wait to have the series complete to add to my collection.

Yeah, I haven't actually reached the Skaro-subbed episodes yet, but I'm glad to see they're finishing the series - it would have been a shame to leave it in limbo.

I tried to watch the Gainax version of Cutey Honey ages ago and I couldn't get into it, so it surprised me how much I've enjoyed the original show so far. It's pretty formulaic and I do cringe at times, but as you say, it's completely surreal and Honey herself is unexpectedly hard as nails. It certainly keeps me amused on the train in the mornings :D

Lawrence said:
Also I've watched Hanasaku Iroha episode six and while it was enjoyable, I'm starting to tire of 'slice of life' anime overall,.

that's 80% of the next anime season outta the window for u right there stu ;)

eps 75-85 of One Piece we're finally past playing hiding and seek with Chopper for 4 eps :D

Everything is a slice of life if you don't want a particularly stringent description for "slice" or "life"! The phrase has to mean something more than the your own interpretation of the individual words, or there's not point using it!

Did you watch AnoHana yet, Lawro?

Professor Irony said:
Yeah, I haven't actually reached the Skaro-subbed episodes yet, but I'm glad to see they're finishing the series - it would have been a shame to leave it in limbo.

I tried to watch the Gainax version of Cutey Honey ages ago and I couldn't get into it, so it surprised me how much I've enjoyed the original show so far. It's pretty formulaic and I do cringe at times, but as you say, it's completely surreal and Honey herself is unexpectedly hard as nails. It certainly keeps me amused on the train in the mornings :D
Yeah the Gainax one was abit hit and miss but i still love it but i really enjoyed the new cutey honey ova from 1994,kind of hard to track down now and a bit pricey and i had to hunt hard for a torrent of it but finally found one last night lol,also found the cutey honey flash movie and some episodes of cutey honey flash tv series,9 episodes out of 39.

Jaymii said:
Ryo Chan said:
eps 75-85 of One Piece we're finally past playing hiding and seek with Chopper for 4 eps :D
I can't believe the world is ending and there's no DB Kai on TV. >__>
No, the world won't end until Ryo says "Wow, this anime I like was licensed by Manga. I'm sure it will be a great release" :lol:

Back