Your viewing journal

Air TV Series Episodes 9 -12

Air in Summer Episodes 1 & 2 (these are bonus episodes on the Air TV Set)

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

My Neighbors the Yamadas

im changeing my anime scedule to 4 discs aday when i finish college two of my old animes and two of my new animes

but till then im watching burst angel disc 4 and gunslinger girls season 2 disc 2 tonight and its getting so freakin good

(re-watch)Muteki Koujin Daitarn 3-36-40,man what a blast,i forgot how funny and wacky this show is,haran banjo while the manly hero is a great mix of coolness but also abit of a idiot but still is the man,just a great show and pure fun from start to finish,funny to think just after this Yoshiyuki Tomino would go on to create the legendary Gundam 0079,but with his name behind shows like,Zambot 3,Triton of the Sea,Brave Raideen,Voltes V(producer) to name but a few the man was already a legend within the industry and the rest as they say is history.

Doraemon666 said:
(re-watch)Muteki Koujin Daitarn 3-36-40,man what a blast,i forgot how funny and wacky this show is,haran banjo while the manly hero is a great mix of coolness but also abit of a idiot but still is the man,just a great show and pure fun from start to finish,funny to think just after this Yoshiyuki Tomino would go on to create the legendary Gundam 0079,but with his name behind shows like,Zambot 3,Triton of the Sea,Brave Raideen,Voltes V(producer) to name but a few the man was already a legend within the industry and the rest as they say is history.

As much as I am a huuuge fan of Tomino's I had to take a break from Daitarn 3 after 20 episodes as I found it quite hard going, obviously I can't make a full judgement yet but so far I have to say this is a bit of a dis-appointment sitting between the brilliance of Zambot 3 and MSG!

Finally watched the last couple of eps of Arakawa UtB. Was awesome, need to get it ordered. Also watched the first couple of eps of BxB... not so good for some reason.

Orgun said:
Doraemon666 said:

As much as I am a huuuge fan of Tomino's I had to take a break from Daitarn 3 after 20 episodes as I found it quite hard going, obviously I can't make a full judgement yet but so far I have to say this is a bit of a dis-appointment sitting between the brilliance of Zambot 3 and MSG!
oh yeah i,m not going to disagree with you there,daitarn 3 is not in the same league as zambot 3 or gundam 0079,but i still rank it as a classic and funny twist of the whole 70,s giant robot fandom and i suppose its not often Tomino plays it for laughs but i personally think he pulled it off.

Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector - Episodes 17 & 18

Still very good. this series really has some georgeous mecha designs in it.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Alone Again

It was difficult to know what to expect from Takahashi's final addition to the world of Chirico Cuvie and while it was good and tied up some loose ends from Shining Heretic and provides some links into Phantom Arc I think he has made the decision to finish Chirico's story at the right time, hopefully we'll see more VOTOMS with the continuation of Case Irvine and Finder or some new alternative stories.

Rumic World OVA,s
One Pound Gospel
Maris the Choujo
Fire Tripper
Laughing Target
Mermaid Forest
Mermaid Scar

After years of only seeing these dubbed,apart form one pound gospel(which i,ve still got the old subbed only tape)i finally got round to seeing these classic ova,s subbed,great stuff,it would be great if they re-released these ova,s in a nice boxset with both a dub and sub one day.

Astarotte's Toy episode 7 - After a disappointing 6th episode, I was wondering if the series will go downhill from here but instead I was again treat to one of the best episodes of the series. Even with the silly fan-service it wasn't meant to be random and stupid and we get some really sweet stuff.

The male lead Naoya really does shine at how caring he is and fits the fatherly type as well, he may not be a memorable by any means but he is one of the male characters this season (along side Kotetsu) that have impressed me.

Like I keep saying, ignore the Synopsis and at least give it a try and you might (although it will be very unlikely) agree with me.

Aria The Scarlet Ammo episode 6 - J.C.Staff fan-service added with two tsundere females, your going to love it or hate it. (My survey says I hated it)

Kaiji S2 episode 7 - My highlight episode so far this season, all you needed was a 22 minute episode, a guy throwing three dice and a **** load of suspense, Never change Kaiji. Never change. Zawa~

Last edited by a moderator:
A Bridge To The Starry Sky episode 7 (Dropped) - That's about it now, since around the 4th episode it started to feel like an average boring Harem series and at this point it still is.

The only decent thing I found in it was the relationship between the main character and his brother which was slightly caring. However a lousy female Harem and one of the most annoying (even worst) male best friends I've seen in a while, an absolute twat that had no redeeming qualities to him.

At least with a series; something like Fortune Arterial had made progress around this point and had a good build up only to have a poor ending. That's what I'm expecting with this only without that build up.

I want a twist but this goes way past that now, this episode was awful and misses chances to have real tension for once. The ending was insulting only because one of the females in the harem gets to the archery finals and messes up only to say "I was scared", well all I have to say to her is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

3/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Back