Your viewing journal

(re-watch)Continuing my trip down memory lane and re-watching the works of the late great Osamu Dezaki today i watched Oniisama e...(Brother,Dear Brother)Episodes 20-30.

I've got a bunch of stuff stored on disc and on my HDD that I need to get round to watching, I'll get back to it when my daughters back at school next week, but yeah, I've got enough to make it so I don't have to put up with god awful British TV for a little while :D

AnoHana ep 8 - Ahhh, finally "proper" confirmation of the confirmation that we had already had. Will be even more interesting than usual to see how it plays out next ep now.

Nanoha eps 10-13 - Starlighttttttttt Breakeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!

Well, the budget didn't improve, and the pace never quite sat comfortably within 13 episodes, but I can't say I didn't enjoy every minute, and will probably now start compulsively purchasing random Nanoha chara goods. ^^; Very pleased I have As sitting there waiting to be watched right away!

Hidan no Aria episode 8 - For a decent cliffhanger last episode, it at least it served up an interesting hostage situation but (again) it's characters are both annoying, predictable and stupid, it's does get points for at least being inventive in it's battle sequences but the dialogue is very poor, the ending further proves that fact.

This series is the Dragon Crisis & Infinite Stratos of last season, mediocre in every way but now that i've got to this point, I think i'm going to stick towards the end.

Anohana episode 8 - I don't seem to be getting that emotional impact that everyone else is getting recently but I cannot deny that the series can be both heart-warming at one time and then gut wrenching at the other. The first part was very hard to watch and seeing Jinta's determination & Anaru's breakdown are proof of this.

This series has so far made me look forward to Fridays along side Denpa & Gosick

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:

Well, the budget didn't improve, and the pace never quite sat comfortably within 13 episodes, but I can't say I didn't enjoy every minute, and will probably now start compulsively purchasing random Nanoha chara goods. ^^; Very pleased I have As sitting there waiting to be watched right away!
You survived season 1, good job.
Watch the movie, it fixed nearly everything.

A's lacks the random bits of Toraheart 3 breaking up the plot. The budget is still fairly low though.

Restrain on the chara goods, there are far too many and they're mostly figures on the pricy end.

Reaper gI said:
ilmaestro said:

You survived season 1, good job.
Watch the movie, it fixed nearly everything.
Yup, I can't wait to watch it tbh, going to order the BD sometime soon. :)

Restrain on the chara goods, there are far too many and they're mostly figures on the pricy end.
Haha, indeed - I feel like I have to hunt down at least one Fate figure, though. ^^;

Baccano! eps 1-6 - The fact that this now has something resembling a decent video transfer is more than enough to start ploughing through it again. Haven't even started Utena yet because of watching this. D:

Back