Your viewing journal

Professor Irony said:
Orgun said:
Otaku No Video

I think the urban legend was that the airsoft guy is Kenichi Sonoda, but alas it's not true (allegedly).

I enjoyed OnV as well, but I thought they pushed the fantasy elements too far in More OnV - I liked it better when it was more realistic.

I thought More OnV was pitched about right personally, but I understand where you're coming from.

Today's viewing...

Cosmo Police Justy

The epitome of an 80's sc-fi OVA!

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episode 66

Building the tension up for the series finale nicely.

Lawrence said:
My greatest problem outside the grand amounts of fan service (episode 3 & 7 in particular) is Yoshika trespassing and stealing equipment from a military base, (she was dishonorably discharged, so she's no longer an officer), sure even if she did eventually enlist again, and yet no court marshal or reprimanding?
Don't be one of "those" people, even in jest.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Brilliant. My first viewing of this and I was amazed at how good the storyline was and how great it looked on BD.

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:
My greatest problem outside the grand amounts of fan service (episode 3 & 7 in particular) is Yoshika trespassing and stealing equipment from a military base, (she was dishonorably discharged, so she's no longer an officer), sure even if she did eventually enlist again, and yet no court marshal or reprimanding?
Don't be one of "those" people, even in jest.

I'm curious what you mean by 'those' people
"Those" people who think that real-world military rules should or do have any bearing on Strike Witches, as an example.

Maison Ikkoku 1-5

Made a start at last! I was a bit apprehensive during the first episode (and probably made a few unkind remarks about the similarity of Takahashi's character designs to her other series), but it actually grew on me very quickly. It's quite low-key, but I think the series is all the better for it – the jokes aren't tortured and the comedy was never cringeworthy.

Episode 5 was a particularly pleasant surprise. As the plot involved underwear, I was constantly braced for some sort of misunderstanding in which Yuhsaku ends up with Kyoko's knickers, but the story completely sidestepped the familiar cliches and even turned out to be rather sweet in the end.

I'll probably give it 10 episodes and then try switching to the manga for comparison – think I remember Fabric saying the manga was the better version.

starting my final run to finish the autumn/winter catchup by completing Kore wa Zombie desu ka

rather enjoyed it, not the greatest show in the world, but i'd gladly watch a 2nd season.

specially for more fanservice ;) 7.5/10

next up, if finishing the first series of world only god knows XD

Freezing ep 10 - is this show secretly not ****? I don't think so, but I'm not convinced. I'll admit my opinion may be being swayed by some of the eyecatches. The jargon and quite detailed world set-up is decent "cover" for a lack of real substance, but the action scenes are a bit too much of the "backgrounds disappear, suddenly someone has warped to the other side of the screen... other person is now lying in pain" variety.

ilmaestro said:
Freezing ep 10 - is this show secretly not ****? I don't think so, but I'm not convinced. I'll admit my opinion may be being swayed by some of the eyecatches. The jargon and quite detailed world set-up is decent "cover" for a lack of real substance, but the action scenes are a bit too much of the "backgrounds disappear, suddenly someone has warped to the other side of the screen... other person is now lying in pain" variety.

I have watched it all on the Funimation stream and it was actually alright, nothing ground-breaking in the slightest but the series does have some cool action scenes.

Astarotte's Toy episode 1-2 - I can't believe i'm saying this but this series isn't horrible, it's actually better than other anime this season. (Without Wings being the worst)

Yes the Synopsis makes the series very hard to watch and there is a bit of facepalm stuff in there. Especially in it's humor.

But a currently very likeable male lead, a good backstory and decent OP and ED, call me a fool but I wouldn't mind continuing it for another episode.

Hanasaku Iroha episode 2-3 - While the forced drama was my only gripe with the first episode, the series has know come out of that and treat us to some great comical moments and really built on there characters to a point where there all likeable.

Ohana is awesome as well, really love her character, full of energy and alway's does the right thing. Can't wait to continue it.

Tiger & Bunny episode 2-3 - This is still impressing me too, lots of funny interactions with the partners and while these episodes are cheezy at times, its action scenes are thrilling and tense to watch as well, if it can continue it, I can really see myself enjoying the whole series.

Finished watching Gundam 0083, with the final two discs (episodes 8-13). I really enjoyed it, as I though when I watched the first half, the end episodes were nice and dramatic, and the formation of the Titans was a nice way to tie it to Zeta Gundam.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 67 - 69

Dougram continues to get better and better with increased drama and tension as it nears it's conclusion, episdoes 68 & 69 have been the best of series of far.

Back