Your viewing journal

Orgun said:
mangaman74 said:
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox Episodes 2 - 4

Voogie's Angel Episodes 1 - 3

What did you think of Voogie's Angel? I've seen it a few times and think it' s a brilliant little OVA.

I think it was a bargain considering what I paid (just over £5 for a new copy including shipping).

Viewing for last night/today,

Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox Episodes 5 - 8

Dragonball Z: Kai Episode 40

Working!! (Wagnaria!!) Episodes 1 - 7

Infinite Stratos ep 11 - I guess this was supposed to be a big Japan episode, but it ended up being a better China episode. Japan was just annoying, as usual.

IS ep 12 - Whereas this was actually a pretty good Japan ep, because, well, low-rise.

For some reason I've finished this before any other new show from last season, but really it must have one of the lowest quality/sales ratings of any show I can quickly think of.

ilmaestro said:
Infinite Stratos ep 11 - I guess this was supposed to be a big Japan episode, but it ended up being a better China episode. Japan was just annoying, as usual.

IS ep 12 - Whereas this was actually a pretty good Japan ep, because, well, low-rise.

For some reason I've finished this before any other new show from last season, but really it must have one of the lowest quality/sales ratings of any show I can quickly think of.

The sales for IS are just depressing to look at compared to some of the best of the season. (see Level-E) I suspect we will see the series again in an OVA or another series.

One Piece-episodes 196-205
5 centimeters per second(Beautiful movie let down slightly by the short and rushed feeling of chapter 3,but that aside it is still a genius piece of work,and i wait with baited breath to see Makoto Shinkai,s next movie, Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below)
Monster-episodes 1-5(re-watch)

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episode 65

Another good mix of action and politics as the the rebels push for the spaceport. Interestingly the cold climate Combat Armors in this episode are clearly an early prototype for Okawara's later SPT Layzner, which is one of my favourite mecha designs. Only 10 episodes to go now.

Gundam Unicorn 3 My initial thoughts straight after watching - God bloody hell damnit, 6 more months till the next episode =/

Seriously, the wait is always worth it when watching Unicorn, and it's quality keeps going up with each OVA. I really am starting to like Banagher a lot as the lead. Sure, he reminds me a fair bit of a mix between amuro and kamille, but that's fine. The end + music worked brilliantly. Daghda sacrificing himself wasn't too surprising but it was still sad to see him go.

So yeah, this is highly becoming a favourite of mine. I just have to find something to tide me over for the next 6 months =/

Baccano! 4-8 - i was gonna update this earlier, but now is better than anytime. Really really loving this too. Isaac and Miria really do make the show so much more entertaining too. Always bringing in the comic relief when they feel the need. The story starts to open itself up as well finally. It does taunt me though. One minute i'm getting right into the story bit, then suddenly, episode focusing elsewhere. I wouldn't say it's a flaw mind you, just an incentive to push on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yumekui Merry eps 8 & 9 - the character designs continue to be the stand-out element of this show, and so even though they introduced a moderately predictable antagonist in terms of how he is targeting people and who he is targeting, it still doesn't feel too generic.

Otaku No Video & More Otaku No Video

An entertaining and, still surprisingly, relevant look at the world of the Otaku, that I have to say has aged very well, with lots of early - mid 80's anime references and also touches on another one of Japan's great exports - Airsoft!

Hanasaku Iroha episode 2 - Another impressive episode leaves me wondering how the series will pan out, it does have the potential with some great characters and natural character devolopment, which is shown in this second installment.

Its a definite watch now!

Kaiji season 2 episode 2 - Thus we get back to what Kaiji does best, good old tense gambling and I would't have its any other wa- ZawaZawaZawaZawaZawaZawa

Not watched much new anime recently, apart from the normal weekly Bleach episode, but I brought Gundam 0083 OVA series a few weeks ago, and they arrived on Monday (a lot quicker than normal for DVDs from America).

I watched the first seven episodes, and its good. I love the animation, mech designs and the cheesy 80's soundtrack, but the story is Gundam 101, protagonist a natural at piloting a Gundam, ends up piloting it on a ship that ends up facing the main enemy, and even the old "protagonist befriends an enemy who he ends up fighting in the battlefield" storyline. I suppose the fact that Kou was already a pilot is new, at least.

Anyway, like I said, it's good, and I imagine the finale will be great.

Orgun said:
Otaku No Video

I think the urban legend was that the airsoft guy is Kenichi Sonoda, but alas it's not true (allegedly).

I enjoyed OnV as well, but I thought they pushed the fantasy elements too far in More OnV - I liked it better when it was more realistic.

Back