Your viewing journal

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai ep1
very good, for fans of moe and Key style emotional manipulation, it's the main plot of Kanon so far.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 70 - 72

The battle for independance isn't over yet! Can't wait to see how this finishes.

A-Channel episode 2 - To compare this to Lucky Star and K-ON! can be very easy and deem it a poor copycat is a pretty weak arguement. My view is that this series is a bit more daring to push those comical boundries and because of this a bit more entertaining that the others I just mentioned.

Not to say A-Channel has its faults: Repeative jokes and unnecessary boring montage's being the main culprits but A-Channel is so far pure Slice-Of-Life.

It's not had the best of the first episodes this season however it could be a fun season to watch.

X-men Episode 2

Still doing better than Iron Man and Wolverine by having a decent second episode.

Cyclops is still a bit unhinged, but instead of the usual mopey "NNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGH JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN *wrist slit*" way it's more of a rage-filled depression where he gets pissed really easily. Decent action sequence on bike with Wolverine and Cyclops against the U-Men and then a reveal of Emma Frost being held in a capsule like Armor (arranged with two others around a central capsule...hmm Four Horsemen perhaps?)

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episode 73

Still building plenty of tension and so far it isn't heading for a predictable ending, anything could happen after this episode!

Madoka Magica Episode 11 - After a long month of waiting, yesterday was the day I watched the two last episodes, so i'll start by commenting on this episode.

After a depressing start with Sayaka's funeral, Kyubey starts to explain how all Homura's timelines are connected to her and reveals the history of the Puella Magi going back all the way to pre-historic times.

Madoka then goes to Homura's apartment and after a few minutes; Homura reveals everything about her wish to protect her and that she will attempt to defeat Walpurgis Night. Really heartwarming stuff

When the day arrives everyone is evacuated from the city and placed in a building, then we come to Homura vs Walpurgis Night which is the most Spectacular, Epic, well thought out action sequences that involves hundreds of RPG's, C4 and Anti-air missles. Just pure win.

This episode was what I expected, a really fantastic piece of work that would have annoyed me if I had another week to wait....

Madoka Magica Episode 12 (Complete)

...but episode 12 was ready to be watched

So Madoka wished to rid of all the witches and to do that she would become a god, you then get this really wonderful scenes of Madoka saving the girls at the point where they were going to become witches themselves. It was one of those moments that literally made me cry

With Homura witnessing these events, she reunites with Madoka one last time before her physical apperences ceases to be which was so damn beautiful.

Lastly we that Magical girls now don't become witches but have to fight demons if they wish to stay alive and ending us with a nice send or an opening to a second season (which is unlikely).

Most of you know that i've been talking about Madoka for months on end but its left so much of an impression on me, some might not be happy with the ending but to end the series here was enough to leave me satisfied and a place in my Top 5. A massive recommendation to check it out.

10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
X-men Episode 3

Shockingly this is still a pretty solid series. Nothing astonishing (ho ho) but still a good effort about on a par with Batman: Gotham Knight. Another pretty good (though brief) action sequence and Cyclops' character development is still pretty good. You get the sense that he really is the best candidate for leader.

Seriously hope marvel reconsiders the dub actor for Wolverine when the time comes. This anime NEEDS Steve Blum. Anyways, shaping up to be pretty good, really hope some more familiar x-villains make an appearance though, Juggernaut or Magneto especially. I'm also expecting a Blade cameo in an episode or two. episode 5/6 seems to be next series cameo time. Iron Man had Wolverine, Wolverine had Cyclop it's inevitable that X-men will have Blade, even though I'm not sure how he'll fit into the plot.

Fractale ep 8 - hnnnghhh... this series is staying interesting, actually, but I still feel like it could be better somehow. I can't put my finger on it.

Hanasaku Iroha episode 1

Are there no employee protection laws in Japan? HOW CAN SHE SLAP? Probably not the best choice for my first anime viewing in a month, really, but Ohana is a fun character and there were some laughs to go along with the silly melodrama. And it certainly looked pretty. P.A. Works does it again.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 74 & 75 (Final)

Wow, what a superb series, despite it's length Dougram never felt like a slog or hard work, pure 80's mecha nirvana! I'll post a proper review in the review thread in the next couple of days.

Back