Your viewing journal

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episode 53

Quite a significant episode with a lot happening, this next arc will be fascinating to watch!

Dragon Crisis episodes 10 & 11 - Rose has now got the attitude of an adult thanks to the "coming of age" trick that required Ryuuji to kiss her on her hand. My thoughts:

Great news - Rose isn't shouting Ryuuji name every five seconds and she does seem more mature.
Bad news - Yet it scoops down to an anime cliche, now both Ryuuji & Rose get embrassed every time they look at each other. With the sudden personaity change, it feels unnatural.

Another silly revelation is Onyx (are presumed dead antagonist since we haven't seen him since episode 3) revealing that Ryuuji is actually a Lost Precious himself and isn't human. It could be a tramaizing moment for him but 10 minutes later he isn't bothered by it. It really puts Ryuuji as one of the worst male leads this season.

As said in the past; Dragon Crisis ended in episode 3 for me, everything else is a desperate attempt to entertain and like other anime in the past, its failed. Its at 5/10 at the moment but if the ending is at least satisfying then i'll bump it up one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samurai Champloo - Episodes 1-8

The plotlines are fun, the fight scenes are awesome and the characters are really likeable.
All round a great show, IMO

Paradox295 said:

The plotlines are fun, the fight scenes are awesome and the characters are really likeable.

What took you so long son! Champloo's one of the best that ever did it.

It's a damn crime it didn't make the top ten of the decade on this site.

vashdaman said:
Paradox295 said:

I only just picked up the DVDs the other week :lol:
MVM's stuff's more expensive than Manga/Beez, but their sales have made some decent shows affordable. Also got Gun x Sword and ROD The TV is coming in the post.

Anyways, Samurai Champloo 9-12, episode 12 was a recap, but it was kinda funny.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Paradox295 said:
vashdaman said:
Paradox295 said:

I only just picked up the DVDs the other week :lol:
MVM's stuff's more expensive than Manga/Beez, but their sales have made some decent shows affordable. Also got Gun x Sword and ROD The TV is coming in the post.

Anyways, Samurai Champloo 9-12, episode 12 was a recap, but it was kinda funny.

Before you watch ROD the TV, I assume you've watched ROD the OVA?
Nope, I was told in the Sales thread, you don't need to watch the OVA. Probably should, but I think it's OOP.

Also, Samurai Champloo 13-16. Episode 15 has probably got to be the funniest one so far :lol:

Infinite Stratos episode 11 - With Ryuuji getting my worst male of the season, Houki passes the worst female with flying colours.

So with this episode based on her; I wanted to talk about why the main love interest in the Harem is so unlikeable: A Random tsundere attitude that shows up often, she punishes Ichika by either attacking or ignoring him and in this episode she shows a disregard for human life and she only gets depressed when the main character is in a coma. Not even her harsh past can save her from being absolute twat.

A disregard for human life WTF? Well while Ichika & Houki attempt to defeat this unmanned corrupt IS, a illegal fishing boat shows up causing Ichika to try and protect it from the enemy projecties, a moral choice that I accept but Houki argues with him to leave it and in the end the enemy IS defeats both pliots and leaves Ichika in a coma.

Of course she gets depressed from this and the series resolves this with the typical cliche of the Harem coming together "Snap out of it, we can defeat it with the power of friendship!!!" *sigh*

Last episode preview pisses me off even more and with the LN ongoing in Japan and great DVD sales there, I fear for an upcoming sequel. Now if you excuse me i'm going to spam 8-bit studios for an original IS Charlotte series.

Dragon Crisis episode 12 (complete) - I don't know how but the last episode of the series will go down as one of the memorable ones for me, not because of how good & epic it was but how stupid & hilarious it was.

I will give this to DC though we actually got a proper romance in the end unlike most Harem's but it just ended with alot of cheese. I mean when Onyx (main villian) transformed into that proper big dragon, I was thinking "If Rose can turn into one as well, HOLY **** EPIC DRAGON BATTLE" but no we instead see Rjuuji and Rose kiss each other speaking "love engage" then a pink massive heart disintegrates Onyx. I was crying my eye's out laughing for 10 minutes after that.

I did get through the series somehow but I have critized the series for its mediocrity and genericness. Its hard to recommend. 5/10

Back