Your viewing journal

Madoka Magica Episode 10 - After feeling a bit underwhelmed with the last episode, we come to one of the huge highlights of the series. Episode 1-7 was excellent build-up, Episode 8 was perfect but this episode somehow exceeded even that.

We now find out how Homura got her Time Travel ability and how she became so cold. In the beginning she was shy girl returning from school; recovering from her heart disease. Not long she meets with Madoka & Mami who are both magical girls.

With Mami dead and Madoka sacraficing herself by defeating the powerful witch of Walpurgis Night, Homura wishes to redo her meeting with Madoka and protect her.

This turns into multiple timelines, where Homura gain's her combat experience and finds out kyubey's hidden intensions.

Everything just fits together so well and you can understand now why in the current timeline she couldn't tell anyone that your Soul Gem could turn into a grief seed.

Its pretty much a emotional rollercoaster ride and one of the coolest transformations to a character ever, not to mention the most memorable.

I've given too much praise to this series on this thread and with two episodes left (no matter how it ends), its a guaranted spot on my personal top 10 list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level E 5-7

I've been kind of on the fence about this one so far. The gags were well handled and the story was perfectly functional, it just didn't really grab me that much (although ep3 is actually quite clever). The three episode "Color Rangers" arc, however, is easily one of the funniest damn things I've seen in a very long time. Any semblance of a main plot is pushed aside as the gloriously idiotic main character kidnaps five schoolkids and forces them to become a Power Rangers-style superhero team, ostensibly to fight evil, but mostly just for his own amusement.

If anyone hasn't already started the show, I think you could get away with skipping straight to ep5. It would sort of spoil the ending of the first 'plot' section, but you wouldn't lose any significant character development and I feel these three episodes were a much better advert for what the series is capable of.

I'm stuck at home and carving plasticine letters, so it seemed a good time to go back to:

Kimi no Todoke (s1) 7-8

Still on the fence about this one. It's perfectly pleasant viewing, it just lacks a certain snap for me. I'm nearly at the half-way point in any case, so unless there's a bit more drama by then, I'm thinking it might be time to try and finally acquire Maison Ikkoku instead.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 50 & 51

Even after 50 episodes this is still an incredibly interesting and well written show.

Professor Irony said:
I'm thinking it might be time to try and finally acquire Maison Ikkoku instead.
I'm a bit surprised you haven't seen it already. The manga's better but the anime is great and essential viewing for anyone interested in romantic comedy and/or 80s anime. Got plenty of bite as well.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episode 52

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: Awakening of the Trailblazer

I really wanted to like this but I didn't enjoy that much, it felt like one long battle sequence and aliens have no place in Gundam IMHO, dissappointing after how good the series was!

Star Driver episodes 1 - 10 - This series had so much potential to have some kind of epic plot and interesting characters but in the end; Star Driver is currently a repetitive mess that doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Like other shows I heavily criticize, in almost every episode the series follows a formula.:

Normal school day - random talks - some sort of character devlopment - Glittering star member calls Cybody - Takuto calls Tauburn - fight scene - Tauburn predictably wins - Conclusion

This formula got boring around episode 3 and ever since then the series has gotten buried in its mediocity, I don't want to be that negative to the series because some of its mecha fights scenes are cool and I kind like other characters personalities.

My final nail in the coffin is that I can't put my finger on if its supposed to be a comedy or a drama because I feel that there trying to mix them together to no avail, my face is blank all the time.

So am I missing something here guys? I'm the person who hardly puts down a series so I'm not going to drop it.

Hidamari Sketchx365-episodes 1-10,this show is a ray of sunshine and has put a smile on my face for the whole day after watching it,great stuff indeed. :D

Back