Your viewing journal

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Orgun said:
Millenium Actress

Typical Satoshi Kon blend of fantasy and reality and if I'm honest I thought it was good rather than great.

*froths at mouth* :p jk, but I love Millennium Actress. It's definitely one of his more conventional films but I think there's something very poetic about the bittersweetness of it all.

I agree there was that to it and I think Satoshi Kon is a genius but compared to the sublimeness of Perfect Blue and Paprika I thought it was somewhat by the numbers so to speak.

Infinite Stratos Episodes 6 & 7

Its fair to say that Charles has certainly saved the show. And out of all the females, she is probably the most...geniune? at least compared to the typical tsundere, childhood friend etc she has that quality...i also heard Charlotte is the favourite of the author (you can probably see why in the end)

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya last night. I loved it! Great film and is one for all to watch! Seeing the series before hand is quite vital however. Not that that should be an issue. =P

CloudedMinds said:
Infinite Stratos Episodes 6 & 7

Its fair to say that Charles has certainly saved the show. And out of all the females, she is probably the most...geniune? at least compared to the typical tsundere, childhood friend etc she has that quality...i also heard Charlotte is the favourite of the author (you can probably see why in the end)

My mind says that Infinite Stratos is bad for its annoying tsundere characters and its plot being full of cliche ecchi Harem moments but there is something that keeps me coming back to it.

The mecha scenes seem to keep me engaged and I agree that Charles seems to be the only female character that is likeable and there is no sign of changing that.

I will watch it for the conclusion (especially what you said at the end) but i'm not going to be surprised if it keeps going like this.

NANA 1-11.5

This is the best anime I've seen in a while (probably since the first batch of Durarara episodes). A story of two very different girls, both named Nana, the show has struck just about the right balance of comedy and drama. I'd worried that it'd would be too melodramatic for my tastes, but so far that's not been the case at all.

Nana Komatsu is one of the most interesting and frustrating characters in memory. She's impulsive, reckless, self-absorbed, and overly dependent on others, yet she's also funny, sweet, and utterly loopy. I can't decide whether I love her or hate her. But regardless of my personal feelings towards the character, I can't deny that she seems real. There probably are a ton of young women just like her... well, perhaps not quite as dumb, but still.

An even better character is the rebellious but emotionally fragile Nana Osaki, and the chemistry between her and Nana Komatsu is what makes the show so enjoyable for me. I'm not quite so enamoured with the abundance of bishounen, who serve as a continual reminder that I'm not NANA's target audience, but nonetheless I'm eager to see what happens next.

If I have any complaints, it's that a) there are too many coincidences for my liking, and b) the entirety of episode 1 was repeated over episodes 6 & 7. Not only that, but there's a recap episode (the .5) bolted onto the end of the set. Recap after 11 episodes... why?

fabricatedlunatic said:
NANA 1-11.5
If I have any complaints, it's that a) there are too many coincidences for my liking, and b) the entirety of episode 1 was repeated over episodes 6 & 7. Not only that, but there's a recap episode (the .5) bolted onto the end of the set. Recap after 11 episodes... why?
lol That's exactly what I thought. Great series though. One of those, why did it have to end so soon, series.

OT. Got Summer Wars and Bakemonogatari waiting at home to take on next.

Voddas said:
OT. Got Summer Wars and Bakemonogatari waiting at home to take on next.
I opted for Bakemonogatari last night! Watched the first 8 episodes in a single sitting. Would have kept on watching too, if it hadn't been for work in the morning. A very addictive watch with smooth, eye grabbing animation. It's been scripted very well also with some interesting, some humorous but always entertaining writting. Can't wait to watch more!

Madoka Magica episode 7 (re-watch episodes 1-3) - I'm getting a Anakin Skywalker vibe with Sayaka, to quote Yoda:

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

This episode pulls no punches by explaining the soul gem a bit more while Kyubey shows a pretty mean example to Sayaka, leaving her in depression.

Then we get a unique story telling on Kyouko's wish, where she wished for her father's unpopular religion teachings to gain followers and as her father starting to find out he killed everyone in the village, except for Kyouko herself. So like Sayaka; she used the wish to benefit someone else. It also adds to my theory that you can't age when you become a magic girl and Kyouko could be XXX years old.

I've heard people say that Hitomi confessing to Kamijou the next day, if Sayaka doesn't is a unexpected & cheap way to hurt her even more, however this could be one of the consequences that Kyubey (and Mami) warned about.

Lastly Kyouko shows some compassion at the witch battle and Sayaka become a berserker badass when killing it

Can't wait for tonight's/tomorrow's next episode xD /fanboycomments

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 27-39. Not much to say that hasn't already been said about the series... It's great, these episodes were great (with the exception of the necessary evil that is a recap episode...) and that's that.

I also watched episode 1 of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas on Crunchyroll. It was okay. Nice set up for future episodes, enough to make me want to watch a few more episodes anyway.

I was in the mood for some Sniktbub so against my better judgement I started watching Wolverine.

It's surprisingly not bad. Not great either but way better than the Wolverine film (and before one of you smartasses says "Weren't they all Wolverine film" I mean the Origins one =P) plus it gets props for being one of four pieces of non-comics media where Logan's claws actually make people bleed. The other 3 being: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition, X2: Wolverine's Revenge and Hulk vs Wolverine.

It suffers heavily from decompression though, each episode is dragged out much longer than need-be. Much like the "writing for trade" mentality, where writers have a story and then try and make it stretch out to a trade collection sized one, I think having 12 episodes scheduled meant they cared less about writing good single episode stories and more about trying to tie them all to a single plot.

Back