Your viewing journal

Kimi Ni Todoke S2 episode 5 - The series is teasing me with those damn cliffhangers, I was at the edge of my seat and just when something happens, it ends quite abruptly leaving me in frustration.

Kento may be a jackass for what he has done so far, but he has a reason - trying to split both Sawako and Kazehaya would be understandable since both of there uncovered feeling are hurting each of them. For only that reason I can't really hate Kento unless he does something really stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started watching Xam'd : Lost Memories the other day. Managed to watch 15 episodes in two sittings so it's an easy watch.

It's a series from 2008/09 about the occupance of an island who are stook between two warring nations. With the combination of living armor suits and the main character being whisked away on a "postal" airship... this anime has a lot of similarities with Eureka Seven. So if you like either anime, you're probably guarunteed to enjoy the other.
I haven't seen the end yet so I can't give a rating. Story seems to be clicking over nicley so far, but only time will tell.

Dragon Crisis episode 6 - This was stupidly predictable and full of fan-service that its hard to keep watching it.

The problem is that I don't care about these characters, they seem to go on these small plots that don't lead up to much and it leaves me unsatisfied.

Half way through, it looks like at least an average rating, unless it pulls off something amazing (i'll eat my hat if it does)

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? episode 6 - Its an episode so brutal and yet so awesome. So far these past 3 episodes has offered the best of the series.

Its kind of like High School of the Dead (with all its fan-service) where you don't need to take it seriously to enjoy it. Again its not the best of the season but its done very well to change my views.

Star Driver episodes 2-4 - Same impression that I had when I watched the 1st episode, I just can't get into it.

I think its a mixture of long repeative transformation scenes that last longer than the fight themselves and lack of plot. Although its harsh for me to judge it so early on. It doesn't offer me anything to make me come back to watch it :(

Voddas said:
Just started watching Xam'd : Lost Memories the other day. Managed to watch 15 episodes in two sittings so it's an easy watch.

It's a series from 2008/09 about the occupance of an island who are stook between two warring nations. With the combination of living armor suits and the main character being whisked away on a "postal" airship... this anime has a lot of similarities with Eureka Seven. So if you like either anime, you're probably guarunteed to enjoy the other.
I haven't seen the end yet so I can't give a rating. Story seems to be clicking over nicley so far, but only time will tell.
It's like whatever BONES had left over from Eureka Seven they decided to reuse, half decent show, typical BONES nonsense, it's all good.

Also yeah, Star Driver isn't that great at first I hated it but as it went along I slowly began to like it more and more, I just see it as a show where the writer can **** around and have a lot of fun, just watch it for the characters, the plot is stupid.

Watched Beelzebub earlier I'm waiting for this show to hit typical Shounen Jump phase, maybe a tournament arc or something, it will happen, I can feel it.

Also just got done watching Madoka Magica's latest episode, grimdark magical shows best become a common occurrence in the next decade thanks to this series.

watched eps 1-12 of black lagoon in the past few days though i was about time that i finaly got on with watching it. I did start a while back but never finished watching it.

Lupus said:
Voddas said:

It's like whatever BONES had left over from Eureka Seven they decided to reuse, half decent show, typical BONES nonsense, it's all good.

Typical BONES it is. Just finished watching the series last night. Good watch though was a bit gutted for Nakiami getting locked away for a 1000 years. That would suck! Always enjoy a good flash forward at the end of a series too to let you know where characters are after the event.

An easy watch and will be enjoyed by BONES fans.

Now what to watch....

Last edited by a moderator:
Orgun said:
Millenium Actress

Typical Satoshi Kon blend of fantasy and reality and if I'm honest I thought it was good rather than great.

*froths at mouth* :p jk, but I love Millennium Actress. It's definitely one of his more conventional films but I think there's something very poetic about the bittersweetness of it all.

On an entirely unrelated note:

Iron Man Episode 9...

I don't know why I'm sadistic enough to watch this borefest to the end, but there we are. It begins with a massive cliche "yay look at how happy and peaceful our lives are" montage so that you KNOW they all get blown up to fuel someone's revenge backstory, it's just so tired at this point I really have just become 100% apathetic to the show.

When I heard IM was going to be an anime (and saw that first awesome trailer) I was expecting lots of really cool action sequences taken up to 11, but frankly, nothing in the show has even come close to the awesomeness of the live-action movies, which is totally wrong.

Clone Wars (the cartoon, not the cgi one) had the right idea but basically cutting loose all the boundaries and going for full on amazingly choreographed OTT action, while Iron Man has all the kinetic and visual appeal of a scribble on a piece of paper. The comics have more visually impressive action that it. It's just sad.

Back