Your viewing journal

Catching up on stuff. Can't even remember what I've watched so far. Just that OreImo finally disappointed me *slightly* in its adaptation of the "I love my sister" scene, and the very last scene, in episode 5.

CloudedMinds said:
addicting
nnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhh

Professor Irony said:
Gonna be an annoying nit-picky twit for a second and point out that it tends to be shortened to "SoreMachi".

ilmaestro said:
Gonna be an annoying nit-picky twit for a second and point out that it tends to be shortened to "SoreMachi".

Well, my monocle has just fallen off my face and into my drink.

That probably does make more sense as I suppose 'Soredemo' sounds a lot like 'OreImo', but, given my apparent mental block on remembering the proper name for it, it's a wonder I haven't just started calling it "Shaft Maid Show".

Professor Irony said:
Well, my monocle has just fallen off my face and into my drink.

That probably does make more sense as I suppose 'Soredemo' sounds a lot like 'OreImo', but, given my apparent mental block on remembering the proper name for it, it's a wonder I haven't just started calling it "Shaft Maid Show".
Wrong reasoning, it's because it's a real word.
You use two words for most title abreviations and spilce them together. e.g. Megaten, Pokemon, Marimite, Oreimo. Results in a title that's still totaly unique, and much easier to type.
Others tend to be the title character/group/giant robots name. e.g. Index, Sailor Moon, Gundam, Haruhi.

Oreimo 5 was cringe inducing at points, and the father's turned into a tsundere.
Can barely remeber this weeks えむえむっ! (still can't find a way I'm happy of calling it in English), so can't have been good. Just checked, was an OTT parody filled (filler?) ep.

Reaper gI said:
Oreimo 5 was cringe inducing at points, and the father's turned into a tsundere.

Yes I want convinced by the new approach from the dad, and I know what you mean about the cringing, but it was more than that... I couldn't watch, I just had to take of my headphones and hit my head on the desk while mumbling "no, no, no... why would you do that... ehhwhw"...

Reaper gI said:
Wrong reasoning, it's because it's a real word.
You use two words for most title abreviations and spilce them together. e.g. Megaten, Pokemon, Marimite, Oreimo. Results in a title that's still totaly unique, and much easier to type.
Others tend to be the title character/group/giant robots name. e.g. Index, Sailor Moon, Gundam, Haruhi.

"You always were a cunning linguist, James."

Baccano Episodes 9-16 - Completed

Wow, what a series. Its been great from start to finish and the plot twists never stopped coming. If you liked Durarara you will surely love Baccano too :)

Reaper gI said:
Can barely remeber this weeks えむえむっ! (still can't find a way I'm happy of calling it in English)
Fortunately, the English language itself has helped you out by providing the title "MM!". No need for you to think of anything! It's even right there on the covers of the Japanese light novels!

That's the word M not the letter though, bloody import words. Think it's too easy to misread if left like that. H gets translated to pervert, perverted or sex respectively all the time. Translating "MM!" I get Masochistic Masochist!, judging by how it got used in show, which sounds odd.
M.M.! looks bad due to the punctuation as well.

I'm not going to be satisfied regardles, so I'm alternating.

Reaper gI said:
That's the word M not the letter though, bloody import words. Think it's too easy to misread if left like that. H gets translated to pervert, perverted or sex respectively all the time. Translating "MM!" I get Masochistic Masochist!, judging by how it got used in show, which sounds odd.
M.M.! looks bad due to the punctuation as well.

I'm not going to be satisfied regardles, so I'm alternating.
I think at this point even you know that you're talking utter nonsense. You might even be doing it on purpose. Literally none of what you just said makes any sense in the context of how the shows title should be written using English script (poor choice of vocab on my part to say "language" in the my first post). I'm not suggesting using an English title, I'm suggesting using the Japanese title rendered in English script, as it is displayed on the official product in Japan. Confusion over how people will pronounce it is obviously not your concern, unless you think everyone in the world can read and pronounce kana correctly.

edit: edited to try to come across as less bitchy, don't think it has entirely worked, though. ^^;

Toradora! 3-6

This show just gets better and better. Infact, I think imma watch some more in a moment ;D

<3

Edit: And Toradora! ep 7 8)

Okay, so I might as well make this post a bit more interesting by writing my thoughts on things so far. I'll put in spoiler tags incase someone else here is behind me and doesn't want to know what's happening, I guess.

So far i'm loving the characters in this show - particularly Taiga and Takasu. I've really enjoyed watching their relationship as friends develop, but I do sense later on in the series there's at least potential for some romance. I think Takasu particularly is a great character. I've not seen a character so obsessed with cleaning things before, haha.

Taiga is really interesting too - i'm hoping we get to see a bit more of her soft side in the coming episodes. Infact, in episode 7 with Takasu having to put her cup back in- that was just hilarious. I haven't found something as funny in quite a while ;p

Ami seems another cool character, her two-faced ways make you just love her, and hate her at the same time, but I genuinely felt something for her in the episode involving her stalker.

I haven't really seen enough of Minori or Kitamura yet to know what I think of them, so far i'm prefering Minori by far though.

So far in, i'm loving it. I'm normally **** scared of romance, and normally hate it, but this show is so good. I love how natural it feels, and how everyday school life has been spiced up to be so interesting. I can see myself returning to this genre, and checking out a bunch of recommendations (courtesy of Otaku-san, Ilmaestro, Chaos and Jayme) as soon as i've finished this.

It's just great how at the end of every episode, there's some sort of cliffhanger just making you want more <3

(Sorry that post isn't as well written as say, Zin or Aion, but I don't have the time or patience to write something eloquent right now xD)

Glad your enjoying it Godot, tis very awesome.

MM! episode 5 - Tribute to Dragonball Z, sadly no "OVER 9000!!" jokes were mentioned.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt episode 5 - More of the same in the first half, I don't really know what to say about the second, it was pretty cool to combine two art styles at once, a bit boring but still interesting.

Ore no Imouto episode 5 - hmm, I sometimes wonder how much a genius Kyousuke is, for the amount of times he gets Kirino out of these situations. As for the episode itself it did feel like a downer episode. Not the best.

To Aru Majutsu no Index episode 8 - 10 - Again good bloody stuff in this.

Fortune Arterial episode 4 - Most of the episode was devoted to setting up the sport event, very boring.

Yes, every viewer with a semblence of taste appreciates how good Toradora is.

I'm currently making my way through Arakawa Under the Bridge. It's batshit insane but highly amusing, and I find the "be who you want to be" subtext uplifting. Conformity be damned!

Imouto 5: Worst episode so far. The switch from nice to psychotic/controlling by Kirino's best friend was weird, and the close-ups of her eyes didn't help. The conversation/argument at the end was as melodramatic and painful as the wooden-sword fighting bit from Toradora, and Kyousuke's becoming increasingly unrealistic with the way he's supporting his bitch of a dependent sister - a sister who previously ignored/treated him like ****... wait, she still does, nm. (Also, the dad suddenly going all nice/helpful was almost as weird as the Higurashi personality switch thing.)

Bakuman 5: The first volume still hasn't been fully covered. After reading it a few weeks ago, watching the anime leaves me feeling unsatisfied - nothing ever happening. Watching an anime with slower pacing than Shippuuden isn't easy...

Yakumo 5: The overcoat-wearing baddie is now talking about the darkness within and smirking evilly. And Yakumo refuses to accept him as his father, or something. The recent two-part story was interesting and all but, seriously, how cliched can you get? I WANT MY SEPHIROTH BACK!!!!!!!1

**** you for ignoring me. I hope you choke on the bubbles around Peach Girl.

That Bitch Tsundere Girl Aionella said:
**** you for ignoring me. I hope you choke on the bubbles around Peach Girl.
Given how long I've had to wait for you to feel like replying lately, consider youself fortunate that I'll respond sometime this week. Goddamn tsunderes. I sure do pick 'em.

Back