Your viewing journal

There was me, happily watching Fruits Basket during the third episode, on the verge of finally thinking of it as something guys, as well as ladies/gays who are into reverse harems with cute animal transformations, can like... and then the scratched-to-hell discs I got from eBay ages ago stopped working. *******-fuckity-****.

Because of my noble nature, I'm now forced to wait for a R1 set to arrive, and my choices are A) pay around £20 @ DVDPacific/risk customs and B) Pay £25 @ Axel.

If I still can, that **** of a seller is getting some feedback lovin'. Everyone should know anime/manga should be placed inside plastic bags, ffs...

Reevothemusefan said:
MM! episode 5 - Tribute to Dragonball Z, sadly no "OVER 9000!!" jokes were mentioned.
That's not in Japanese Dragonball, only one of the older English dubs.
it's a clasic example of the English dub not following the original line at all.

Also: I'm 24/102 episodes into Kodocha. Since I'm also 26/50 into Kenishi, I'm waiting for the Kenishi sets to arrive before watching the second Kodocha set - Funimation having dropped it @ 51/102.

I could type at length about the series and why the first 19 episodes are 10/10 worthy, but I don't really need to - this video says it all for me:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX38v1edfNE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX38v1edfNE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bailey's too brilliant for words. Sana NEVER shuts up, and Bailey handles her character so well that her character becomes SOOO lovable. My first ever loli love.

...I think dark forces are conspiring against me getting into shoujo. The Kodocha manga is OOP/impossible to buy, and the last 51 episodes will SUCK without Bailey rapping. The torrent for the full series is even slow as ****. And with this Fruits Basket **** on top...

Reaper gI said:
Reevothemusefan said:
MM! episode 5 - Tribute to Dragonball Z, sadly no "OVER 9000!!" jokes were mentioned.
That's not in Japanese Dragonball, only one of the older English dubs.
it's a clasic example of the English dub not following the original line at all.

Indeed but because of the meme's popularity over here, I thought it would at least get a mention from a Japanese studio.

Toradora! episode 8.

Best episode yet. I'm sure Taiga is gonna get with Takasu after this. I'll be interested to see Takasu and Ami's relationship too though. Oh so much going on~! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see how much you're enjoying it, Godot, still plenty of twists and turns left to come!

Stuart-says-yes said:
Accelerators as awesome as ever though, I sure hope he appears this new season as episode 19/20 was really good.
You know it makes sense. ^_^

--

Fairy Tail ep 52 - Wendyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :~

Finally!

Godot said:
Toradora! episode 8.

Best episode yet. I'm sure Taiga is gonna get with Takasu after this. I'll be interested to see Takasu and Ami's relationship too though. Oh so much going on~! <3

{Fabio} {Child-loving} {Bitch-loving} {Friend} {Found it!}

FYI, Takasu and Ami's relationship goes nowhere because the lead likes children even more than Maes. It's tragic, really...

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
FYI, Takasu and Ami's relationship goes nowhere because the lead likes children even more than Maes. It's tragic, really...

You whine that people don't post about anime, and then when I do you give me spoilers? Nice man, nice.

Please try to resist in future, i'm loving this show and don't want anything to detract from it.

Godot said:
That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:

You whine that people don't post about anime, and then when I do you give me spoilers? Nice man, nice.

Please try to resist in future, i'm loving this show and don't want anything to detract from it.
Wow, just... wow. Exactly how low down on the ladder do you have to be to deliberately try to spoil something that someone else is enjoying?

I'm late into the game i see. Kinda wish i noticed sooner now. Aion, there is this awesome feature on the forum we in the business call Spoiler Tags. Now, i'm well aware you don't often make use of them, but could you do so instead of even slightly attempting to spoil things. Cheers. And also, if you can't find something more constructive to say other than acting the fool, then just keep it to yourself.

On topic!

Considering how much time i actually get now with exams and me dissertation to prepare for, i don't get to see too much in the ways of anime, however i still get some time for the stuff.

Gintama - There really isn't much to say on this one if you've watched it previously. It doesn't stray from what it does best and even when they hit serious arcs, it keeps it laced with the traditional Gintama humor. It also makes it so easy to pick up at any point and just continue watching.

To aru Majutsu no Index II - Caught up with all 4 episodes so far and it's again keeping to the formula it had in season 1 which is what i was hoping for. Getting close to the end of this arc, probably next ep, so looking forward to how that'll close. Probably more of Touma being awesome i hope.

Pretty low down, considering I'm afraid of heights. I'm yet to make it up to the loft.

I'm glad you're quoting and no longer ignoring me - my mission is complete: you've took your stance against a bully. I'm proud of you.

"I'm sure Taiga is gonna get with Takasu after this"

This, plus you mentioning Ami and me making a post in under a minute, early in the morning. You do the math. If you don't want me to comment, be sure not to utter her name and act overly happy. I would apologize for unintentionally making your eyes water but I don't do that kind of thing.

No-one has the right to be so happy over the most predictable anime ever, where nothing unexpected occurs. Without ruining the rest of your life for you, let me just say no real male would pick a 'woman' who looks like a tween and acts like one over a real woman. And that's the main reason why, after a certain Cocker highly recommended it to me, I was left so disappointed by the linear path taken to an unsatisfying conclusion.

As for you, Arseblast, I'll be sure to take your advice about expressing myself constructively once you find the confidence required to review anime. Advice from the insecure holds no weight, no matter how foolish I may be.

Ouran: 1-7 - The character-based jokes have already gotten old. If it doesn't switch from episodic nonsense mode sharpish, my rating will only go lower. It's nice and all that the heroine isn't your typical blushing shoujo lead, but the fact remains that she acts like a male - leading to the series having no real female presence. Only Tamaki's vanity continues to amuse me.

Shiki ep 13 - OK, really didn't think Natsuno would actually die so soon. Very interested now to see what he will get up to, presuming that he okiagarificates. Continues to be a show of extremely high quality.

NuraMago ep 18 - I've kind of been coming around to how cute Natsumi is lately, and this episode did nothing against that. Tochigami are a really cool shinto concept imo, helped to keep the episode going given the larger emphasis on the humans.

Ghost Hound Episode 16 Makoto & Taro visit Makoto's mum as well as her lover, Masato who Taro recognizes as Snark. Elsewhere Masayuki investigates the biotech research centre where his dad works during an OBE. While he is there he finds spirits known as 'Hopeful Monsters' roaming.

AironicallyHuman said:
Pretty low down, considering I'm afraid of heights. I'm yet to make it up to the loft.

I'm glad you're quoting and no longer ignoring me - my mission is complete: you've took your stance against a bully. I'm proud of you.

"I'm sure Taiga is gonna get with Takasu after this"

This, plus you mentioning Ami and me making a post in under a minute, early in the morning. You do the math. If you don't want me to comment, be sure not to utter her name and act overly happy. I would apologize for unintentionally making your eyes water but I don't do that kind of thing.

No-one has the right to be so happy over the most predictable anime ever, where nothing unexpected occurs. Without ruining the rest of your life for you, let me just say no real male would pick a 'woman' who looks like a tween and acts like one over a real woman. And that's the main reason why, after a certain Cocker highly recommended it to me, I was left so disappointed by the linear path taken to an unsatisfying conclusion.

As for you, Arseblast, I'll be sure to take your advice about expressing myself constructively once you find the confidence required to review anime. Advice from the insecure holds no weight, no matter how foolish I may be.

Ouran: 1-7 - The character-based jokes have already gotten old. If it doesn't switch from episodic nonsense mode sharpish, my rating will only go lower. It's nice and all that the heroine isn't your typical blushing shoujo lead, but the fact remains that she acts like a male - leading to the series having no real female presence. Only Tamaki's vanity continues to amuse me.

The first 13 eps are more or less episodic nonsense and the latter half is more character oriented, but frankly if you don't like the episodic nonsense you should probably just stop, it doesn't sound like it's your cup of tea. (Not trying to be a jerk about it, I'm just saying if you're not enjoying what is pretty much the bulk of the show's appeal then to continue would only waste your time, just lookin' out for you buddy =))

Ghost Hound Episode 17 & 18 - More revelations about the past kidnappings & suicide.

Black Rock Shooter - A 50 minute OVA based on an AMV. Only flaw is that the dvd went straight to the show rather than the menu (the same problem as with the Toradora dvds).

Outlanders - Essentially half of the manga (which is 8 volumes long) condensed into a 48 minutes long movie. All but the main plot was cut. Still enjoyable though.

Back