Your viewing journal

Just finished the second episode of Code Geass, planning to watch the third later on, since i am enjoying this quite a bit. Also after watching the third episode of seirei no moribito, i can see i'll be watching this for the long run.

Pomtry said:
McIcy said:
Pomtry said:
I just started watching chrone crusade Up to now im loving it :D

I hope you have some tissues ready for the later eps

Dahm not another sad anime :(

Oh no, not sad at all. *Whistles innocently*

( Sheesh, don't tell me you never noticed me going on about it. It's only the anime I keep ranting on about 'cos of how suicidal it made me. :shock: )

Just watched the first disk of Azumanga Daioh. Strangly more-ish. Have to wait untill payday now untill I can buy the rest. :(

Elfen Lied - 6-9

One Piece - 1-4 - Great start here, Im starting to love this series after only 4 episodes and it can only get better once other character appear :D.

I'm now as far as episode 3 of Darker than Black - it's proving to be the best of the bunch for the season *crosses fingers for a UK licence and DVD release*

Bokurano is also very deep, dark and intriguing...I can't believe it was directed by the same guy who did The Cat Returns! Episode 2 ended on a really shocking note.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS - 04

The number of characters is getting ridiculous. I blame Bleach.

Anyway, the episode wasn't that interesting, just like the rest of the episodes so far. I'm hoping something significant will happen soon because I don't care for these new characters that are made to appease the shounen crowd.

Shuffle! 15 - What a great episode that was, I guess thats the Primula story finished with. Pretty happy with the way it turned out as i expected, bit more info/development of Nerine which is nice. Wonder what she said to Asa though. Soundtrack upto usual standards as with animation.

Black Lagoon 1 - After all the hype and talk about this i decided to start watching it. First impressions are good. The soundtrack is great and the animation is crisp. I love the script, one of the highlights of the first episode was when the bartender said "Or i'll weld your asshole shut and make a new one on your forehead!" i was in bloody stitches. Characters seem the usual lineup. You have the computer geek, the strong wise man, the hardass chick who probably has a soft side(probably i can only guess) and the noob. But they are very enjoyable and have good chemistry.

I can't comment much on anything else, afterall its the first episode. But other than that i'm very impressed and looking forward to it. Reminds me of the feeling i had when i watched the very first episode of Bebop.

Been watching more of Haruhi tonight, watched 7-10 of Kyon's order, though i still think i will prefer Haruhi's order when i get to it. Also planned for tonight is Code Geass 3.

I watched Bokurano 1 earlier and its certainly one i would like to see more off, its got me interested in whats to happen next, so probably will watch bokurano 2 tomorrow.

Kenichi Worlds Strongest Deciple - 17 I am loving this series I hope the dvd release is soon as I wanna add this to my collection

Arjuna- vol 1. Wanted to watch this as I'm and ecologist and it was an environmentally themed anime. Only other shows that spring to mind are Princess Monomoke and Capitan Planet. Not entirely convinced by the show, partially because l can pick some holes in some of the science but mainly cause they give away a twist then 'forget' about it. Other than that wondering why people expect high school students to be able to wield godlike powers instantly and with the wisdom of Yoda.

Towards Terra - three episodes in and only thought is 'that could have been handled better' both with the anime and the character interactions. The visuals remind me of 80's anime designs, which aren't my favourite to be honest, but the kids act very much like you'd expect, which is good. Take one 14yr old, give him coming of age worries, and then add in hints he ain't exactly normal and he gets spooked, then combine with angry people pointing guns then firing them only to be resuced by the 'enemy', who the majority treat you with suspicion you begin to freak out. then things get worse. The series has got me intrigued, but hasn't grabbed me by the beard.

Place's Promised in our Earlier Days
- sweet, gave me the warm fuzzy feelings, but like the title a bit of a stretch. There were too many coincidences, to many things than made it just pulled it a way from the limits of what i can suspend disbelief about. Prophetic dreams... okay, parallel worlds, bread and butter of scifi, all conquering power of love, like Mulder 'i want to believe', all together was just a little too much for me to swallow with easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuffle! 16 - Another normal episode with the laughs and smidge of story. Atleast we get to see Sia's side of the story, after her jealousy/envy of Nerine. only 24 episodes so i'm begining to wonder when they are going to setup for the major storyline, if there is one? I can only guess it's after Sia but i would supect at around episode 19 they should move into the final story. Some of the animation in this episode was fantastic, great work on the backgrounds.

Black Lagoon 2 - Second episode and it's even better than the first. Not much i can say about the story, nothing i haven't seen before so far. The animation is good and the use of cgi is minimal, which is a bonus. Lot's of action with more action on top. One of the finer points i've found is the script, nothing short of fantastic. Some amazing one liners from Levi and Dutch that had me laughing along with some good speeches. Although i'm concerned that Levi might actually be mental.

Second episode down and i'm very impressed, The opening is nice but i'm not a fan of the song. Ditto for the ending.

Bokurano episode 4 - Still early days for the anime [not sure on what episode Gonzo decided it to end, but if it's 13.... then I'll be pissed.] I'm pretty sure the Waku funeral part was added in, because I can't remember all the scenes in the manga and it seems the next episode shall show what the next pilot is made of.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week i've watched:

Full metal panic TSR Vol 4: As good as i remembered it, still think it's left perfectly placed for a 4th series

Robotech eps 1 and 2: and that's as far as i'll go, don't get me wrong i think the series looks good, but having no japanese audio has killed it, the dub is absolutly terrible.

and Nartuo 1-6: Ok i'll admit i was wrong, the series isn't as bad as i use to make out, infact i quite enjoy it, though that may be because the intro sounds so 80's ^^

Ryo Chan said:
Full metal panic TSR Vol 4: As good as i remembered it, still think it's left perfectly placed for a 4th series

Evil!..my vol 4 hasn't arrived yet >.>

anyways about to watch 4 and 5 of Code Geass, one series which i am happy i started now. And also going to watch vol 3 of Eureka seven.

Card Captor Sakura - 02-04

I decided to start this to see what the fuss was about, plus I've made it my goal to watch all the CLAMP anime this year.

It's been pretty much what I expected so far. It does seem to show its age a lot but that doesn't bother me. I like a bit of vintage. Anyway, these episodes have been pretty standard. That's not a bad thing in this case. It does seem to be loads better than Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha so far. I think MSLN tries to hard to set itself apart. As expected from CLAMP, it's cute and charming. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Seki Tomokazu's voice. This should keep me preoccupied for a while since I've not got so many anime to watch for the spring season.

Maxon said:
Card Captor Sakura - 02-04

I decided to start this to see what the fuss was about, plus I've made it my goal to watch all the CLAMP anime this year.

It's been pretty much what I expected so far. It does seem to show its age a lot but that doesn't bother me. I like a bit of vintage. Anyway, these episodes have been pretty standard. That's not a bad thing in this case. It does seem to be loads better than Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha so far. I think MSLN tries to hard to set itself apart. As expected from CLAMP, it's cute and charming. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Seki Tomokazu's voice. This should keep me preoccupied for a while since I've not got so many anime to watch for the spring season.

i think season 1 is sort of a pokemon "gotta catch em all" feel with the cards while season 2 and 3 are where it really kicks in, i should get back to watching it ^^

on a slighty side note, is it wrong that i enjoy the Kero's Corner section ^^

Back